BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I had actually been thinking of making this topic for a while, but I never really got around to it. But considering how much people have been discussing Heroes in the Mafia Discussion thread just because I said I made a game based off of Heroes, I figure I might as well post it. So those of you that were discussing there, start discussing here.

This topic is for everything Heroes: favorite heroes and episodes, ideas, predictions, etc.

A couple rule type things:

- Don't insult people's opinions. You may disagree with someone's opinion, but don't argue about it.

- For spoilers, predictions, etc. please use spoiler boxes. This should be obvious, but it's important, no one wants the show ruined for them.

Anyway, discuss! There is a lot to talk about with Heroes. And if there are any ideas for what to discuss, feel free. I kinda just put this together in the last 10 minutes, so it's not incredibly well thought out. Oh well. :P

Oh yeah, and Season 3 starts at 8PM TOMORROW NIGHT! WOO!

I can't wait! B))

• Answers 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I might be jumping in a little late here, but...oh well.

HAHAHA! I couldn't stop laughing when Sylar's covered in blood, standing in the elevater next to the office worker, and he's looking at him all sideways and nervous.

'Is there a problem?'

'...No.'

*bzz*

'Hm. Does kind of tingle.'

:lol:

Love that the old Sylar's back.

Also, my favorite Hiro quote (that I can think of):

'Where is train station? I must use bathroom. More waffles please.'

HAHAHA! I couldn't stop laughing when Sylar's covered in blood, standing in the elevater next to the office worker, and he's looking at him all sideways and nervous.

'Is there a problem?'

'...No.'

*bzz*

Yeah, I loved that too. It was hilarious. :lol:

The last episode was sweet. So I guess the past few episodes were like Season 2: just forget they exist :rolleyes: The eclipse was completely useless... so disappointing. I thought everyone would return to how they started, meaning Peter, Sylar and Mr.Petrelli would have to start collecting again, Mohinder would be normal again, etc... But no, it was basically just filler. Absolutely nothing changed from it. And with Sylar too. Now he's back to how he used to be, so let's all just forget the whole emotional Elle part and Sylar being a Petrelli and loving people... :rolleyes:

I know I complain about the show a lot, but it irks me when there's a story that could be great and has been great, but it constantly slips into mediocrity. Again though, the last episode was very good, so that's a plus. :D I just hope it continues being good so I can stop complaining <_<

The last episode was sweet. So I guess the past few episodes were like Season 2: just forget they exist :rolleyes: The eclipse was completely useless... so disappointing. I thought everyone would return to how they started, meaning Peter, Sylar and Mr.Petrelli would have to start collecting again, Mohinder would be normal again, etc... But no, it was basically just filler. Absolutely nothing changed from it. And with Sylar too. Now he's back to how he used to be, so let's all just forget the whole emotional Elle part and Sylar being a Petrelli and loving people... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I was hoping for the same thing with the eclipse...it was very disappointing...and pointless. :P

Ooh, forgot about this thread :P I totally loved the last episode, but I'm wondering...

How long Hiro can cling to that pole...

Yeah, I also loved Sylar's other quote

Ooh...cake?

:D *Is covered in blood*

People: :mellow::mellow::mellow:

Hooray for good episodes!

<(^-^)>

hmm i haven't decided whether ill stick with watching the show.... but it looks pretty good so far... we're coming up to season three in a few weeks i think.. i dunno if the BBC will take a break for the bit with the whole writers' strike thing.....

oh wait - i was wrong about that - we already are on season 3 hehe

ha yh Hiro rocks!

i think out of all the heroes, his story's the most interesting...

Yeah, I was hoping for the same thing with the eclipse...it was very disappointing...and pointless.

well yh it was pretty stupid that practically everything went back to the way it was... but the stuff with the catalyst seems to be moving forward

'Is there a problem?'

'...No.'

*bzz*

Yeah...that was funny...but what I really liked was the part where he was like "It's not going to hurt a bit" *buzz*...so perfectly evil XP...but then they had to go ruin it by dumbing down the audience ten levels by having him say "Oh, I'm lying"...like that wasn't obvious...

And while I love the title "Intelligent Design" for the project ;), I had a bad deja vu moment from The 4400 where they were showing off their super-soldiers...and then it was made worse by the actor from The 4400 showing up as the new test subject...what are they going to call the new serum, Promicin H? :P

Yeah...that was funny...but what I really liked was the part where he was like "It's not going to hurt a bit" *buzz*...so perfectly evil XP...but then they had to go ruin it by dumbing down the audience ten levels by having him say "Oh, I'm lying"...like that wasn't obvious...

Ah, so I WASN'T the only one who was really annoyed by that...<_< No doi! Jks, as I was writing this, a Heroes commercial came on...the next episode should be as good as this one, key word SHOULD...I'm not liking these one in a season episodes...*sigh*

<(^-^)>

OMG!!!! PETER USED THE SERUM AND GAINED HIS POWERS BACK AGAIN!!!! OMG OMG!!! I NEVER SAW IT COMING!!! THIS SHOW IS OFFICIALLY GOOD AGAIN!!! <_<

..........yay :P

seriously though, that was the end of "Chapter 3" has there been any macro-level progress made in the story line aside from the rift formed between the brothers?

Hiro is officially the coolest character in the show....i cracked up when he punched ms. strauss

He's always been the coolest

B)) I still don't get

how Ando's powers work though...how does touching Daphine make her go back in

time, if she never had that power? And to Brandonb's post, yeah, I expected

it...who didn't? But his power's different...basically this season is making up

for their mistakes, but it isn't making us want to watch...there's nothing

really pushing us to keep watching, plotwise. I'll watch to the end of the

season, and probably stop there...*shrug* I think the mafia's are better anyway

;)

<(^-^)>

Edit : Put it in a spoiler

Edited by Kathleen

According to Einstein's theory of relativity if one traveled faster than the speed of light, they would travel backwards in time. This is because as you get closer and closer to the speed of light, time slows down for you. In theory, at the speed of light time would stop moving, and if you get beyond that, it'll move in the opposite direction.

Of course, this is all just theory, and the show mangled that particular science, but it's all in good fun.

OH ok...sorry, assumed he got ONLY the ability he used in that episode...:unsure: That makes more sense...would have been way more interesting if it had been different...*sigh*

<(^-^)>

I don't think we know one way or another, yet. My understanding was that he got his ability - the ability to absorb other abilities - back, but that he still needs to go collecting them again. We saw him fly because he immediately absorbed Nathan's ability.

edit: I though there was something wrong with my screen - Kat's avatar was all washed-out looking. Then I bothered to read her title.

Edited by Cherry Lane

I don't think we know one way or another, yet. My understanding was that he got his ability - the ability to absorb other abilities - back, but that he still needs to go collecting them again. We saw him fly because he immediately absorbed Nathan's ability.
exactly. Peter got his power back. This was actually what I wanted from the eclipse. I thought everyone was getting too powerful (Peter, Sylar and Mr. Petrelli). So now Peter has to start over, Mr. Petrelli is dead (though it's hard to believe), and Sylar??? but the whole horror movie bit at the Co. building was hella lame IMO B)) So, now all we need is to have Hiro get his powers back some how... and what's Mohinder's power now that he's healthy? :huh:

And about the speed-going back in time~how does that work for them going back to the future? :lol:

edit: I though there was something wrong with my screen - Kat's avatar was all washed-out looking. Then I bothered to read her title.
haha, yeah, I did a double take on that one. At least it's still cute, unlike Kat's other bizarro-avatar :P

I have a friend who refers to Peter as "Hot Peter" and literally gets stars in her eyes when she talks about him. It's kind of hilarious, especially when she starts squealing and tips over.

Anyway....YES! Heroes tonight. It's going to be non-stop TV for me from 7:00 to 10:00 (House - Heroes - Secret Life)