BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Yoruichi-san

Question

One lazy summer night, Y-san, PG, Phaze and Sinistral were all sitting around a table in a dormitory at Redrum University, playing a game of BANG!, one of the best games ever invented. Across the courtyard was the Ethics Building, which was empty and had been for quite a while. The buildings around the courtyard were all connected in a square, and in the middle of the courtyard was a pond. The buildings all had windows facing both into and out of the square.

After Phaze had been put in jail for the seventh time in a row (gotta love the perma-jail character ;P), he glanced out across the courtyard and gave a startled cry.

This brought Y-san, who was gleefully on a roll as Suzy Lafayette with the Volcanic, back to reality, and she and the others looked outside to see what Phaze had seen. Through the window of a lighted classroom, they could see Dawh tied up and gagged. A cloaked figure walking towards Dawh with a dagger raised high. The figure plunged the dagger down into Dawh's chest and blood spurted out everywhere.

"OmG!" Phaze exclaimed "@@@@@@@@@@!"

The rest of them went running down the north hall to the end of the hallway, where they turned right and ran down the east hall and finally they made another right and ran down the south hall to where the classroom had been. They were running at top speed so this took them approximately five minutes. As they had been running down the east hall, they saw TC, who had gotten out of Juvenile Detention and was serving his community service hours, sweeping the hallway. Seeing them running, he followed them to the south hall and the classroom.

Sinistral tried the door, but it was locked. They pounded on the door of the classroom, but there was no answer. TC used the key he had been given for cleaning purposes to unlock the door. Going inside, they saw that in the middle of the classroom there was a sliding paneled wall that was currently pulled out, separating the door half of the room from the window half of the room. TC went up to the sliding panels and slid them in, revealing the window half of the room and...nothing?

"But I was sure I saw it..." PG said. Everyone else agreed. Yet the evidence was clear. There was no Dawh (dead or alive), no masked figure, no blood. There was no way the murderer could have moved the body and cleaned up and escaped in the five minutes it took them to run there.

Admitting that the beverages they had been having while playing their game may have influenced their perceptions, PG, Phaze, and Sinistral walked out of the classroom, confused. Y-san hung back. After a few moments, she joined her compatriots in the hallway.

TC yawned and said "Well, my work's done for the night, I'd better get going..."

"Not so fast," Y-san told him. "The only place you're going is back to Juvie. You just committed another murder, and we're all witnesses."

How did he do it? :D

• Answers 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

because i looked into your lemurs eye's and they told me the truth...

My lemur has an extraordinary poker face so I know he didn't reveal anything.

And I'm trying to add legitimate stuff in this...

I just can't think of anything right now.

An underground passageway or something to lessen the time of running back and forth?

Yeah! Sorry Y-San!

Wait I can't remember has this been solved yet?

Well, since you and Mekal have been flooding this with your post count raising nonsense posts, I can't tell anymore what legitimate guess ppl have had...might as well start over, and you two, go mess up your own puzzles!

I don't know if it was ever solved...it just became another one of Mekal and TC's post pumping playgrounds...but I think Woon and Kat were on the right track...

Hahaha sorry lol had a little contest going on there for a while... :lol:

But I seriously had some legitimate questions in my responses...

So not all of them were just for raising my post count!

Hahaha sorry lol had a little contest going on there for a while... :lol:

But I seriously had some legitimate questions in my responses...

So not all of them were just for raising my post count!

Stop it with the "I'm not just trying to raise the post count" posts to raise your post count! If you really want to stop, then stop posting ANYTHING that is not relevant to the puzzle!

Stop it with the "I'm not just trying to raise the post count" posts to raise your post count! If you really want to stop, then stop posting ANYTHING that is not relevant to the puzzle!

Ok whatever.

Was it a projection of me killing Dawh earlier? I had a projector in a different room pointed at a mirror at a 45 degree angle onto the wall of the room that you guys saw? Then as you guys were running I simply walked or ran to the room that you guys wanted open?

"I'm not trying to raise my post count!"

Ok whatever.

Was it a projection of me killing Dawh earlier? I had a projector in a different room pointed at a mirror at a 45 degree angle onto the wall of the room that you guys saw? Then as you guys were running I simply walked or ran to the room that you guys wanted open?

"I'm not trying to raise my post count!"

Nope, no projectors. Like I said, Woon and Kat were pretty close, go back to what they said and work off that (before you and Mekal exploded :P)

Okay, so here goes.

Well, since the riddle says there were windows facing into the courtyard, then I think:

What Y-san and her friends witnessed was TC killing Dawh in the East wing, in one of the Northernmost rooms. There was a mirror behind where he killed Dawh, facing South-Westwards. Then there was another mirror in the one of the middle rooms in the West wing turned South-Eastwards, projecting it into the room where they thought they saw the image coming from. It makes a triangle.

There were mirrors on the sliding panel wall, and that is why Y-san hung back, to check and see if there were mirrors there. When she saw that there was, she knew what had happened.

The timing is worked out by having TC kill Dawh, then come out of the room and pretend to be sweeping the hall as Y-san and her friends passed.

Okay, so here goes.

Well, since the riddle says there were windows facing into the courtyard, then I think:

What Y-san and her friends witnessed was TC killing Dawh in the East wing, in one of the Northernmost rooms. There was a mirror behind where he killed Dawh, facing South-Westwards. Then there was another mirror in the one of the middle rooms in the West wing turned South-Eastwards, projecting it into the room where they thought they saw the image coming from. It makes a triangle.

There were mirrors on the sliding panel wall, and that is why Y-san hung back, to check and see if there were mirrors there. When she saw that there was, she knew what had happened.

The timing is worked out by having TC kill Dawh, then come out of the room and pretend to be sweeping the hall as Y-san and her friends passed.

Very good! Lol, I think you've thought about the details more than I had...;P

Keplers Ghost

The body we inintially saw was reflected in the window because the light was on (the window acted like a mirror). when the light was switched off the body was no longer reflected and the window became simply a window again. The body is not really where we thought it was (or possibly the whole murder was staged)

This trick was often used in theatre to project a "ghost" onto the stage. The clarity of the "ghost" was governed by the strength of the light

I said you had some of it right, but you didn't have all of it right...