BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Yoruichi-san

Question

One lazy summer night, Y-san, PG, Phaze and Sinistral were all sitting around a table in a dormitory at Redrum University, playing a game of BANG!, one of the best games ever invented. Across the courtyard was the Ethics Building, which was empty and had been for quite a while. The buildings around the courtyard were all connected in a square, and in the middle of the courtyard was a pond. The buildings all had windows facing both into and out of the square.

After Phaze had been put in jail for the seventh time in a row (gotta love the perma-jail character ;P), he glanced out across the courtyard and gave a startled cry.

This brought Y-san, who was gleefully on a roll as Suzy Lafayette with the Volcanic, back to reality, and she and the others looked outside to see what Phaze had seen. Through the window of a lighted classroom, they could see Dawh tied up and gagged. A cloaked figure walking towards Dawh with a dagger raised high. The figure plunged the dagger down into Dawh's chest and blood spurted out everywhere.

"OmG!" Phaze exclaimed "@@@@@@@@@@!"

The rest of them went running down the north hall to the end of the hallway, where they turned right and ran down the east hall and finally they made another right and ran down the south hall to where the classroom had been. They were running at top speed so this took them approximately five minutes. As they had been running down the east hall, they saw TC, who had gotten out of Juvenile Detention and was serving his community service hours, sweeping the hallway. Seeing them running, he followed them to the south hall and the classroom.

Sinistral tried the door, but it was locked. They pounded on the door of the classroom, but there was no answer. TC used the key he had been given for cleaning purposes to unlock the door. Going inside, they saw that in the middle of the classroom there was a sliding paneled wall that was currently pulled out, separating the door half of the room from the window half of the room. TC went up to the sliding panels and slid them in, revealing the window half of the room and...nothing?

"But I was sure I saw it..." PG said. Everyone else agreed. Yet the evidence was clear. There was no Dawh (dead or alive), no masked figure, no blood. There was no way the murderer could have moved the body and cleaned up and escaped in the five minutes it took them to run there.

Admitting that the beverages they had been having while playing their game may have influenced their perceptions, PG, Phaze, and Sinistral walked out of the classroom, confused. Y-san hung back. After a few moments, she joined her compatriots in the hallway.

TC yawned and said "Well, my work's done for the night, I'd better get going..."

"Not so fast," Y-san told him. "The only place you're going is back to Juvie. You just committed another murder, and we're all witnesses."

How did he do it? :D

• Answers 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Perhaps the pond had something to do with it? They looked in the pond and saw this murder occurring, and being drunk didn't think to flip it around in their mind, let alone account for mirrors. TC was in the same corridor the whole time, in fact they ran right past the dead Dawh.

I have no fear in trying to solve this, as I've already been written up as the next victim. B))

People are getting closer...everything you need is in the story itself (along with some stuff you don't need...and BANG! is truly one of the most awesome games ever...;P)

And by 'people' you of course mean me and Kat, the only two people guessing on this thread other than the murder himself. :P

But seriously, I was close?

People are getting closer...everything you need is in the story itself (along with some stuff you don't need...and BANG! is truly one of the most awesome games ever...;P)

I can honestly say I've never heard of BANG!...

Lol since when am I a janitor? I thought I was a mutant! ^_^

Oh yeah lol all my murders are hot topics now and they are all at the top of the New Puzzles thread! I feel like a celebrity! ^_^

Ha! That's funny. it reminds me of a quote i heard the other day...

"Don't make me mad. I'm running out of places to hide the bodies."

Lol that's hilarious!

I gotta go to bed now. When I get up I predict that this murder will be solved, and I'll have killed Slick too...

I gotta get some sleep too. I'll be back in 9 to 10 hours, assuming I'm not dead by then.

The murder is happened at the classroom at the east hall, which facing the room at the south hall. A mirror (maybe you just need the glass window) located 45 degree towards the window, at the south hall's room fool PG and the others so they thought it happen in that south hall's room.

When confirm they are running down to the place, TC, quickly lock the door of the east hall room. Pretending working hard there and then follow them running down further to the south.

Edited by woon

Idk if this is even close but whatever ;)

The murder actually took place outside (That is if this is a one floor deal) and the pond guarantees a flat view and the lighted classroom provided the light??????

One lazy summer night, Y-san, PG, Phaze and Sinistral were all sitting around a table in a dormitory at Redrum University, playing a game of BANG!, one of the best games ever invented. Across the courtyard was the Ethics Building, which was empty and had been for quite a while. The buildings around the courtyard were all connected in a square, and in the middle of the courtyard was a pond. The buildings all had windows facing both into and out of the square.

After Phaze had been put in jail for the seventh time in a row (gotta love the perma-jail character ;P), he glanced out across the courtyard and gave a startled cry.

This brought Y-san, who was gleefully on a roll as Suzy Lafayette with the Volcanic, back to reality, and she and the others looked outside to see what Phaze had seen. Through the window of a lighted classroom, they could see Dawh tied up and gagged. A cloaked figure walking towards Dawh with a dagger raised high. The figure plunged the dagger down into Dawh's chest and blood spurted out everywhere.

"OmG!" Phaze exclaimed "@@@@@@@@@@!"

The rest of them went running down the north hall to the end of the hallway, where they turned right and ran down the east hall and finally they made another right and ran down the south hall to where the classroom had been. They were running at top speed so this took them approximately five minutes. As they had been running down the east hall, they saw TC, who had gotten out of Juvenile Detention and was serving his community service hours, sweeping the hallway. Seeing them running, he followed them to the south hall and the classroom.

Sinistral tried the door, but it was locked. They pounded on the door of the classroom, but there was no answer. TC used the key he had been given for cleaning purposes to unlock the door. Going inside, they saw that in the middle of the classroom there was a sliding paneled wall that was currently pulled out, separating the door half of the room from the window half of the room. TC went up to the sliding panels and slid them in, revealing the window half of the room and...nothing?

"But I was sure I saw it..." PG said. Everyone else agreed. Yet the evidence was clear. There was no Dawh (dead or alive), no masked figure, no blood. There was no way the murderer could have moved the body and cleaned up and escaped in the five minutes it took them to run there.

Admitting that the beverages they had been having while playing their game may have influenced their perceptions, PG, Phaze, and Sinistral walked out of the classroom, confused. Y-san hung back. After a few moments, she joined her compatriots in the hallway.

TC yawned and said "Well, my work's done for the night, I'd better get going..."

"Not so fast," Y-san told him. "The only place you're going is back to Juvie. You just committed another murder, and we're all witnesses."

How did he do it? :D

Wow, it still hasn't been figured out!? :P Ok, so the sliding doors wasn't all of it...come on! What's left? (Oh, and not sure if it's the same BANG! but the version I play is so fun ^_^)

~Kat

You won't be cause I have to wake up at 6:30 and be at school by 7:50 and I don't get back until 3:30. This is all in EST by the way.

Oh really? So you're up at midnight solving these things? lol!

My time zone and Brainden's timezone match up, so I'm only up till 10:00 at the latest. and i thought i was staying up late!

Wow, it still hasn't been figured out!? :P Ok, so the sliding doors wasn't all of it...come on! What's left? (Oh, and not sure if it's the same BANG! but the version I play is so fun ^_^)

~Kat

The timing thing (i.e. TC's alibi...very important in convicting him in a court of law :P)...but woon got pretty close...

The timing thing (i.e. TC's alibi...very important in convicting him in a court of law :P)...but woon got pretty close...

Hey, I said that first! :angry: Ok...so no mirrors were seen when they came in, obviously they were hidden. So lets say dawh was killed in the hallway NEXT to the room, he kills him, closes THAT door, pushes the mirrors against the sliding door (so that they'll slide as he pushed it open) and locked the door, and began to sweep with the broom he left there by the door. Seeing as they didn't meet halfway, TC didn't have as far to run, giving him extra time to hide the mirrors.

~Kat

Hey, I said that first! :angry: Ok...so no mirrors were seen when they came in, obviously they were hidden. So lets say dawh was killed in the hallway NEXT to the room, he kills him, closes THAT door, pushes the mirrors against the sliding door (so that they'll slide as he pushed it open) and locked the door, and began to sweep with the broom he left there by the door. Seeing as they didn't meet halfway, TC didn't have as far to run, giving him extra time to hide the mirrors.

~Kat

Lol why are you trying to so hard to get me convicted of murder?

You make it sound like a bad thing <_<

~Kat

Oh I'm sorry I wasn't meaning it like that Kathleen!

^_^ I wouldn't say anything bad about you and I would definitely never offer to murder you! :o