BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

unreality

Question

• Answers 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

omg, I was under the impression that 18+15 = 31 lol. Sorry guys! And Frozen, read the instructions more carefully

And I screwed up a second time with the blog- I meant the hundredth decimal place (51) not the tenth (5). I was just thinking "2 decimal spots" and on the OTHER side of the decimal point that's tenth, but it's hundredth on the other side ;D Sorry. I'll update the blog right now, adding the -2 and the hundredth :P

while I was stuck there for a little while, there's another part you'll get to that took me MUCH longer. But only because I hadn't done it before. I'm sure some of you have, so that part won't take you very long.

that sentence that looked like it was intentionally structured funny....did have to be that way for a reason.

one more...

but if you're continuing forwards, once you get the location use regular code, not the T code...and you may have to subtract 2 somewhere - at least I did.

HAHA...yes, that was the part I was talking about too...XP

omg, I was under the impression that 18+15 = 31 lol. Sorry guys! And Frozen, read the instructions more carefully

And I screwed up a second time with the blog- I meant the hundredth decimal place (51) not the tenth (5). I was just thinking "2 decimal spots" and on the OTHER side of the decimal point that's tenth, but it's hundredth on the other side ;D Sorry. I'll update the blog right now, adding the -2 and the hundredth :P

Yeah, I figured it was something like that...plus, the positron was actually discovered in 1932, but Davidson got the Nobel for it in 1936. The muon was actually the particle discovered in 1936, but the "0." in front thing lead me to the right one...;)

HAHA...yes, that was the part I was talking about too...XP

Yeah, I figured it was something like that...plus, the positron was actually discovered in 1932, but Davidson got the Nobel for it in 1936. The muon was actually the particle discovered in 1936, but the "0." in front thing lead me to the right one...;)

A neutron? I don't think so though because its mass is:

939.56556(81) MeV/c^2...

A neutron? I don't think so though because its mass is:

939.56556(81) MeV/c^2...

No, you're only interested in the particle that received a Nobel Prize in Physics in the year in question. Once you have the year (which is in a couple of spoilers earlier in the thread,) you can look it up on Wikipedia to find the correct particle (which has already been mentioned in the thread as well.)

ok... I have absolutely no idea how to turn the year 51 into a year in the Berber calender... any help here?

The year 1001 on the Berber calendar.

Whatever year you're looking at in our calendar, just add 950 years to get the year on the Berber calendar.

EDIT: Nvm I figured it out...

Edited by ThunderChicken

Nvm again I didn't figure it out...

Ok so 1001 is in binary. I looked up how to convert it to decimal on Google. I'm assuming decimal means hexadecimal because that's all that popped up.

Then I looked in the article and it said 1001 in decimal is 9...

So I typed in brainden.comm/nineegp as the URL and it didn't work.

So I'm guessing Yak didn't defect from Egypt?

Edited by ThunderChicken

Nvm again I didn't figure it out...

Ok so 1001 is in binary. I looked up how to convert it to decimal on Google. I'm assuming decimal means hexadecimal because that's all that popped up.

Then I looked in the article and it said 1001 in decimal is 9...

So I typed in brainden.comm/nineegp as the URL and it didn't work.

So I'm guessing Yak didn't defect from Egypt?

Nope, that's where he defected TO, not where he defected FROM ;)

Nope, that's where he defected TO, not where he defected FROM ;)

TUR because Istanbul is in Turkey...

But that wasn't right either... I should probably go back and look in the secret part again...

TUR because Istanbul is in Turkey...

But that wasn't right either... I should probably go back and look in the secret part again...

Lol...actually, Agent Tallmore is after him because he is a traitor, i.e., the defected from the same government, and hence the same country, Agent Tallmore is from...;P

Lol...actually, Agent Tallmore is after him because he is a traitor, i.e., the defected from the same government, and hence the same country, Agent Tallmore is from...;P

That's what I thought...

brainden.com/nineusa

It still didn't work...

So I'm guessing I was wrong in the conversion of 1001 to 9?

HAHA! Great job Thunderchicken for getting that while I was gone (Saw "The Rocker", it was really funny :P) so I tried

www.brainden./nineusa.htm

and it didn't quite work...I mean I got a page, but it's blank...does that mean something? Hidden text? :huh: and how did we find out where Agent Tallmore is from? (Was it implied somewhere? I couldn't find that...)

~Kat

Edit: Yep, hidden text :D

Edited by Kathleen

OK I got really far actually (as far as I can, I'm waiting on Unreality ;) ) in about 20 mins, so I'm pretty proud. l love quizes! ;)B))

~Kat

Edit: Grammar

Edited by Kathleen

Nice. The rest shouldn't take very long. Wow, you got past the annoying part a lot faster than I did...;P

Ah you mean the quiz? I've done it before, our entire class was obsessed with it last year, I knew it by heart :P

~Kat