BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia VI: Gangs of Denbrain

unreality

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't not-lynch someone, even on the first day ;D Or you could, but then someone would vote for someone and then that person would get lynched :P Or if everyone voted to not lynch, the decision would be completely the Tiebreaker's :D

then disregard option three. how much longer is the day? (i.e. how much time do we have to choose to lynch someone?)

hmm... mabey we should get the spy to check who tolecnal is... unless CL was the spy... dose anyone agree

Of course the spy isn't going to want to come out and say it like UR did in Mafia V. That's a bad maneuver in Mafia VI. The spy has to be careful how he/she uses the ability.

As for dusty's suggestions, option 2 wouldn't necessarily be completely random considering that the inspector knows one mafia and when people act suspiciously or get caught in a lie, they often draw the vote onto themselves. That's one reason the innocents have been able to nab a baddie on the first day in the past (I'm sure that Rene knows how it is ;) )

Edit: Way to go answering a non-yes-or-no question with "yes." Very helpful. :P

Edited by dawh

But the investigator isn't going to want to come out and say who a Mafioso is, because then that's outing themselves. Does any one have ideas, inklings, feelings, or insights to who may be a possible Mafioso?

We can discount Frozen-identity stolen from thief, that would be a waste of an ability, and they were busy killing CL.

We can discount Tolecnal, because they wouldn't want to offer up one of their own.

And we can discount CL, because she was killed by them, but it doesn't matter, because we can't lynch her anyways.

But the investigator isn't going to want to come out and say who a Mafioso is, because then that's outing themselves. Does any one have ideas, inklings, feelings, or insights to who may be a possible Mafioso?

We can discount Frozen-identity stolen from thief, that would be a waste of an ability, and they were busy killing CL.

We can discount Tolecnal, because they wouldn't want to offer up one of their own.

And we can discount CL, because she was killed by them, but it doesn't matter, because we can't lynch her anyways.

you mean Frost, right?

you mean Frost, right?

Yeah :blush: I'm kinda slow today, trying to this and work...I'm bound to make stupid mistakes and I would rather them be here than on my work papers...

So, Frozen, are you a mafia? can we discount you? :P

Yeah :blush: I'm kinda slow today, trying to this and work...I'm bound to make stupid mistakes and I would rather them be here than on my work papers...

So, Frozen, are you a mafia? can we discount you? :P

I don't know. :P

Wow, what a longgggg night...O_o

Greetings from the Mafia! How’s everyone doing? Hopefully better than Cherry Lane! :P

We have a few things that we want done. Obviously there WILL be problems, IF our demands are not met.

1st- Strangely enough, we figured out who the GR is on the first night! Amazing huh? We’re not bluffing! So here’s the deal. If you all Lynch the SB for us today (Tolecnal) then tomorrow night we will give you the Reaper’s identity. Think about it, if you wanted to you could let him/her live through the day so the Ninja can have His/Her epic battle that night! That’s what we would like to see. You can be sure of the GR's identity, when we give you the name tonight and you lynch him/her tomorrow. This deal that we are offering Sounds like a bargain to us! Heck, we may even throw in a Yakuza!

2nd- If you do NOT lynch the SB, then not only will the GR live, but we will kill the SV along with another innocent, AND the GR will kill, AND the Yakuza, AND we will give a target for the QAs to meet up. TRUST US, this is in everyone’s best interest!

3rd- To the SV. Please PM ASAP! There are three things we would like from you.

- Every detail about what the Janitor did last night.

- The role of the person that died last night.

- Your identity (this is the best thing for us all, that way we don’t accidentally kill you!) :P

*Remember, if you lie to us, EVEN ONCE… you’re dead IMMEDIATELY. BTW, we have a question here, which will determine whether you are lying or telling the truth. So play it safe and tell us the truth. We can place a question to which we know the answer or we can just leave it at that.

4th- This is supposed to be the part where we announce to you who we are going to kill tomorrow night. Good news! We have decided against it at this point b/c we do not know who the SV is, and we don’t want to hurt our little buddy.

**I know everyone is now thinking, “Why should be believe that they will actually give us the GR?” good question. Because the Mafia deals in favors, you scratch our backs we scratch yours. If you take care of this for us, we’ll stick to our word and work out another deal for the following day. Maybe a QA if we find one, or maybe a Yakuza.

-Remember, you are buying protection from these other baddies. As long as you keep paying us, you'll have less to worry about. Make a choice: Do you want Mafia/GR/Yakuza AND QA's combined on your back? or only the Mafia? If you trust us, it will be the latter. So choose wisely and help us.

-Also Remember- "If the SB is lynched, they'll be PMed a prompt if they want to blow someone up at the lynching, otherwise it's a normal lynching." The innocents do not have to worry about being blown up when the SB is lynched, unless Tolecnal seriously wants to risk killing a fellow innocent.

Hmmm...it sounds like the mafia have thought about this very thoroughly...

And, I agree, condition 3 bothers me...I think they could have been lucky and gotten the GR on their first Godfather pick, but they also claim to know one of the others...my first thought was that CL may have been Yakuza, since the only identities they know besides the SB are the Yakuza...

But, the "every detail" about the Janitor bothers me...maybe the Mafia know some detail about what the Janitor did...

* Janitor - [knows who Ninja is] the Janitor, after his/her many years of watching and learning, has adopted many vital skills. Each night, I roll a 6-sided dice to determine the action of the Janitor (Saving, Killing, Eavesdropping (pick three people and get told which two of them have BTSC, if none of them have BTSC, or if all three have BTSC), Discovering (just like Spy), Cleaning (the Janitor is off cleaning and nobody can find him/her to kill), or free choice of the previous 5 if a 6 is rolled). The Janitor picks a person other than themself and then I tell them what the action is, to which they can either decline or carry out the action (or choose the action to carry out, if I rolled a 6). Also, the Janitor doesn't have much possessions or ID and thus the Thief cannot steal from them (the steal fails, but counts as a use, but the Mafia learn the identity of the Janitor of course) or frame them (same deal)

I'm confused about "cleaning"...does the faction trying to kill him/her find out and get to choose someone else?

Well, we have plenty of time to think about this...

Gotta go, be back after work.

Wow, what a longgggg night...O_o

Hmmm...it sounds like the mafia have thought about this very thoroughly...

And, I agree, condition 3 bothers me...I think they could have been lucky and gotten the GR on their first Godfather pick, but they also claim to know one of the others...my first thought was that CL may have been Yakuza, since the only identities they know besides the SB are the Yakuza...

I don't know if CL could have been Yakuza, because both Yakuza's were in their sushi shop when CL was hang-gliding.

The hints are going to come through the Philosopher.
it was the first and last post - pls take in what is written ppl

Happy Independence Day, India!!! In 50 odd minutes, it's our independence day. :D
and to you GC - unless you are a baddie

I say this is first class mafia proposal - way to good for a noob and reveals lots of information already

For all we know this is a bluff and a damn good one -

the mafia have stolen an identity, and bank roller has been given a faction of a player of their choice, they know who the bomb is - they have own + two identities now

3 mafia, 2 QA still and 2 Scorpions still alive 7/8 baddies out there - CL cld have been REAPER or an innocent - not defender

(bank roller and defender are revealed if killed at night) betting the GR is alive

Bomb knows inspector and can lie detect v a street vendor that can play both sides - goodbye SV - if the mafia do dispatch

what was brandonb doing that night - gliding perhaps Mafia BR - or vagabond attempting to find QAs

Dusty re post 118 - are you sure you have the difference between frozen and frost -

you're right, that is kinda funny. A lot of other characters would have strength, like the Yakuza. I guess, for sure that we know Frozen isn't QA, Mafia, SB, or SV.
you dont need to be that strong - it can be almost any one

Remember they know who the bomb is - they know the other members - they pick a random other name and we do their job for them

QUALITY BLUFF!! bye SV in that case

Mafia know one identity (theft) and one member by faction, but they did not know before they voted CL (blind vote i think)

Tolecnal can offer something perhaps - TOLECNAL! TOLECNAL!! mafia is calling you out as bomb

UNREALITY

is this a win condition - game over?????

The Vagabond is a semi-independent character and wins by killing BOTH Quarky Agents in this manner

do the mafia get the faction of member early enough to act on it the same night? ie they checked CL then offed her

sorry took too long doing this

Hello!

Okay to Mekal and Twoaday, don't waste the spy's attributes on me. I am the Bomb, be patient and you'll see that no one else is going to claim the role as theirs (I wonder what would happen if they did, hahaha "I'm the bomb!" okay, we'll lynch you instead!!! "damn...."). Why would the mafia say I'm the bomb if I wasn't? If I was mafia they wouldn't want me lynched, and if they were banking on you NOT lynching me, would that avail them anything? That would just lead to a regular lynching and probably wouldn't make people any more sure I was innocent or otherwise, get me? (cus I'm getting sort of confused :) ) anyway, the decision isn't mine, it's yours. Don't feel bad about lynching me the first day, someone HAS to get lynched! I'm not just saying that because I go away this weekend, and I don't care if I live or die, I do care! I want to play til the minute I leave and then have Kat or someone replace me, or rather have them replace me before so they can get a feel for the role. If you think sacrificing the bomb is a good idea then do it, if you think it isn't worth losing an innocent then don't lynch me, I promise not to take out an innocent with me no matter what :) Let me know if you would rather I tried to take someone specific out or what have you...

Now that I've said that, hear my piece as an innocent: Innocents can and have won this game without being the b*tch3s of the Mafia! We can find out who the GR is and who all the other baddies are on our own, we've done it before! Why do we suddenly need the Mafia to tell us what to do, besides the fact that we will never know if they are telling the truth or not. I think it would be really really interesting to see how this game would go if we did let the Mafia direct our moves, that letter was one of the coolest, cleverest things I've read (besides the rest of Unreality's post), but would it be fun to win or almost win (since the mafia will likely win in the end if we follow their orders) being lead by the Mafia? What kind of win is that?

Anyways it is up to you how you guys want to play this game!

Peace!

Tolecnal

PS Unreality that was incredible...all I'm gonna say

Dusty re post 118 - are you sure you have the difference between frozen and frost - you dont need to be that strong - it can be almost any one

I messed up with the post about Frosts identity, using clues (not hints) from the night post. I said Frozen, but that was just a silly mistake. Frost, Frozen, tomatoe, tomato.

and the stuff about strength, I know it could be almost anyone. I was responding to Mekel's post

gosh, there finnally isn't hints and im just starting to find some.

like the fact that frost had super human strength(he lifted the fridge) and he may be the defender or the ninja...

oh well...

other thought - that was some demand/bluff from mafia - seems a bit too powerful that mssg/threat

who did grim reaper sniff? any one here anything?

PG has no nose on her avatar - may not br the GR - ha aha

just noticed mafia demanded/asked the SV the role of CL - unless that is a bluffy thing, so was it random/blind kill

btw CL - sorry you went

btw - awsaome into and first night !!

Suicide Bomber, not Bomb, everyone :D All the 'Bomb' stuff is confusing me lol. It's the SB now ;D

I say this is first class mafia proposal - way to good for a noob and reveals lots of information already

For all we know this is a bluff and a damn good one -

the mafia have stolen an identity, and bank roller has been given a faction of a player of their choice, they know who the bomb is - they have own + two identities now

3 mafia, 2 QA still and 2 Scorpions still alive 7/8 baddies out there - CL cld have been REAPER or an innocent - not defender

(bank roller and defender are revealed if killed at night) betting the GR is alive

a few things

1) Scorpions were just a minor gang I mentioned for story purposes. I think you're thinking about the Yakuza

2) the Reaper cannot die the first night or first day

Bomb knows inspector and can lie detect v a street vendor that can play both sides - goodbye SV - if the mafia do dispatch

what was brandonb doing that night - gliding perhaps Mafia BR - or vagabond attempting to find QAs

vagabond = daytime role

Dusty re post 118 - are you sure you have the difference between frozen and frost - you dont need to be that strong - it can be almost any one

Remember they know who the bomb is - they know the other members - they pick a random other name and we do their job for them

QUALITY BLUFF!! bye SV in that case

Mafia know one identity (theft)

stealing/framing someone does not inform the Mafia who the person is

and one member by faction, but they did not know before they voted CL (blind vote i think)

Tolecnal can offer something perhaps - TOLECNAL! TOLECNAL!! mafia is calling you out as bomb

UNREALITY

is this a win condition - game over?????

yeah the Vagabond is semi-independent and can win separately, but becomes Innocent faction if a QA dies by another method (nobody is informed that the Vagabond switches over, even the Vagabond)- they're basically like an Innocent with a special extra win condition if they can manage to tag both QAs before the QAs die other means

do the mafia get the faction of member early enough to act on it the same night? ie they checked CL then offed her

yes, Godfather results are instant, however MoE results are given after the night post

PS Unreality that was incredible...all I'm gonna say

haha thanks :P

Sorry all who were waiting on me, I had to save a condor today...and then I had to read all of the posts

wow... a condor! Are you like a vet/zoologist/something?

Sorry all who were waiting on me, I had to save a condor today...and then I had to read all of the posts

= nonsense post, I have an aunt in walthamstow!

back to mafia pls - do you want to be lynched Tolecnal?

yakuza will strikedown noobs - hmmm!

noting mafia know the scorpion gang too. so they have roles pegged

3 mafia of course

2 scorpions/yakuza

1 SV

1 identity theft - apparently role not player

1 members faction

they have eight members pegged alreeady and will know CLs if we give up Tolencal who may/may not be bomb

possibly did not no CLs role ? but offerring the GRs role either cld be bluff

note CL was not masked lover - another would have died

Edited by Lost in space

First, LIS: the Thief does not learn anything about the person he/she steals from. It just means that if the Inspector would have been given the mafioso/a's ID, he/she gets the victim instead. So the only additional role they learn is the faction from the Godfather's ability. So currently, the Mafia know the SB, the Yakuza and themselves, plus one more (which could have been GR.) So they know the faction of 7 out of 21 roles already. CL can't be GR because the GR is unkillable for the first night and day.

It does seem like CL's killing was somewhat random, especially if what they say about the GR is true. They may have killed the SV for all they know at this point by the looks of it.

One thing that I'm curious about has to with the Janitor:

Also, the Janitor doesn't have much possessions or ID and thus the Thief cannot steal from them (the steal fails, but counts as a use, but the Mafia learn the identity of the Janitor of course) or frame them (same deal)

What does it mean for the steal to fail? Does that mean that it isn't revealed in the night post at all, or that it happens and it's just that the Inspector will still get the correct ID? I know you said the rules would be clear UR, but this doesn't seem to be to me. :P <_<

UR already responded since I started this, but I'll post it anyway to get the rest if it out there.

LIS, masked lovers only die during lynchings.

Edited by dawh

= nonsense post, I have an aunt in walthamstow!

not a nonsense post if in with a mafia related one

noting mafia know the scorpion gang too. so they have roles pegged

3 mafia of course

2 scorpions/yakuza

scorpions are irrelevant/non-characters. mafia don't know who Yakuza are.

1 SV

They don't know the identity of SV, do they?

1 identity theft

as Unreality said, they don't find out their identity by stealing from them, they can just use it to avoid detection.

1 members faction

(?)

they have eight members pegged alreeady and will know CLs if we give up Tolencal who may/may not be bomb

they only know each other, the bomb, and the GR as they claim.

possibly did not no CLs role ? but offerring the GRs role either cld be bluff

note CL was not masked lover - another would have died

masked lover only dies when other is lynched. at night, the other masked lover doesn't die.