BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

akaslickster

Question

My male calico cat showed just as much love and friendship as my dog who had cancer and passed. I suppose it depends on the place / environment where it is to be housed. Some argue that cats are a better pet and vice -versa. This is a place to put your experiences and feelings toward this subject.

who is first??? I love all animals, and some insects. :)

• Answers 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have to say that any dog no matter the size can be sweet or vicious. We just have to be good owners and remember that they are Dogs and not human.

I have 3 dogs.

Lily-sheltie mix

bogart-no idea but I guess a corgie/dachsund/terrier I call him a puerto rican mountain terrier

georgia-pomeranian

They are all adopted from shelters or the street.

They all are the sweetest dogs. Hilarious too!

I have to say that any dog no matter the size can be sweet or vicious. We just have to be good owners and remember that they are Dogs and not human.

I have 3 dogs.

Lily-sheltie mix

bogart-no idea but I guess a corgie/dachsund/terrier I call him a puerto rican mountain terrier

georgia-pomeranian

They are all adopted from shelters or the street.

They all are the sweetest dogs. Hilarious too!

Agreed. Too much abuse and neglect these days. If dogs and cats cannot get along then they should join the peace club. :lol:

my greyhond is an amazingly over friendly dog who is very loving and trusting but does not try to please, everyone she meets loves her. my cat is very strainge and old with an amazingly weird purr. i think it is the owners of the animal that afect the the behavior of the animal and we should not dislike the animal(only the owner)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my greyhond is an amazingly over friendly dog who is very loving and trusting but does not try to please, everyone she meets loves her. my cat is very strainge and old with an amazingly weird purr. i think it is the owners of the animal that afect the the behavior of the animal and we should not dislike the animal(only the owner)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to Brainden kestrel. I suppose your dog was not cutting it in the races and, is just a house dog. The ones who mistreat their animals, do not deserve them and should find a very good owner who will appreciate them. :)

The age old question with same right answer. Dogs.

ps. This was my 100th post! I'm an "advanced" member now. Have your cats ever done that for you? lol

Edited by NM_EJL

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... Dog

The age old question with same right answer. Dogs.

ps. This was my 100th post! I'm an "advanced" member now. Have your cats ever done that for you? lol

Thanks for the bumps gents. Let's stick with the topic. You may explain why, regarding your choices as well. Happy 100. :rolleyes:

Agreed. Too much abuse and neglect these days. If dogs and cats cannot get along then they should join the peace club. :lol:

My cats & dogs all live together. They don't cuddle, but they tolerate each other. My Mother in law brought her Yorkie and her chihuahua over for the hurricane. They got along great with the dogs, but the cats hissed alot, lol... ummm she brought her siamese cat over also, she lounged on my husbands pool table! :lol:

My cats & dogs all live together. They don't cuddle, but they tolerate each other. My Mother in law brought her Yorkie and her chihuahua over for the hurricane. They got along great with the dogs, but the cats hissed alot, lol... ummm she brought her siamese cat over also, she lounged on my husbands pool table! :lol:
But don't people usually evacuate from a hurricane. Sounds like a celebration, for the hurricane.

Don't tell me for insurance purposes. :rolleyes:

Which pets are your faves?

But don't people usually evacuate from a hurricane. Sounds like a celebration, for the hurricane.

Don't tell me for insurance purposes. :rolleyes:

Which pets are your faves?

We are far enough away from the coast that we normally don't have to evacuate. Some people have hurricane parties, but mainly you just don't want to leave your property. You have to judge it by the storm.

As for the pets... I am a cat person at heart, but I like dogs too.

Cats FTW. I realize that dogs are far more fun to play with, but every time you touch them your hands smell like dog. And you can wash it and wash it, but you will smell like dog for ages after. I'm a dog walker, so I can deal with it for a bit, but I wouldn't be able to stand having my house smell like dog all day

*wrinkles noes*

Cats FTW. I realize that dogs are far more fun to play with, but every time you touch them your hands smell like dog. And you can wash it and wash it, but you will smell like dog for ages after. I'm a dog walker, so I can deal with it for a bit, but I wouldn't be able to stand having my house smell like dog all day

*wrinkles noes*

I am glad to see a different feeling. Dogs are more work but, I love both nearly the same, depending on my mood of the day. Cats are not stupid all the time. Dogs have many flaws also. :lol:

I'd have to say cats, I'm a definate cat person, cats just come to me and purr :wacko: and it has nothing to do with my nickname <_< Dogs are kinda...in your face, I don't want some animal jumping in my face when they're hungry. I like dogs, but cats are my favourite ^_^

~Kat

I'd have to say cats, I'm a definate cat person, cats just come to me and purr :wacko: and it has nothing to do with my nickname <_< Dogs are kinda...in your face, I don't want some animal jumping in my face when they're hungry. I like dogs, but cats are my favourite ^_^

~Kat

Nice, and I could swear Nayana had an avatar just like that. Perhaps my eyes are playing tricks on me or too much beer. :lol:

My cat always made me play chase or fetch the mouse toy because he needed his exercise. He was kind of shy with my guests though, I wish he would p into the box instead of against the wall that I needed to cover with plastic. He may have had 3 owners before me.

Thanks for your input MEOWWWW.

Edited by akaslickster

Personally I prefer dogs to cats. Let us now let them face each other

Dogs Vs Cats

=========

1) Dogs can be very obedient

Have not yet heard of an obedient cat

Now turn for a Pro-cat :P

Both pet types are not comparable due to one being canine and other feline. Mainly it depends on what others enjoy about the one they own.

Cats are obedient to an extent. Some more than others. Their self-independence is far greater because they can be trusted to be home alone for a few days without slopping up the house.

This does not mean I am arguing one over the other. I think they have an equal number of good and bad qualities. :D:P:D

It shows so far that dogs are more favorable but I think it is too late to vote without a new topic.

Edited by akaslickster

My male calico cat showed just as much love and friendship as my dog who had cancer and passed. I suppose it depends on the place / environment where it is to be housed. Some argue that cats are a better pet and vice -versa. This is a place to put your experiences and feelings toward this subject.

who is first??? I love all animals, and some insects. :)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoid=43575168