BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

akaslickster

Question

My male calico cat showed just as much love and friendship as my dog who had cancer and passed. I suppose it depends on the place / environment where it is to be housed. Some argue that cats are a better pet and vice -versa. This is a place to put your experiences and feelings toward this subject.

who is first??? I love all animals, and some insects. :)

• Answers 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I prefer Dogs ten-fold, my parents have eight dogs :P

My uncle and Grandma collect Gecko's ( need a special license for that though) :D

Edited by taliesin

I prefer Dogs ten-fold, my parents have eight dogs :P

My uncle and Grandma collect Gecko's ( need a special license for that though) :D

We have gecko's living in our cellar and they walk around the house during summer...have to keep the dogs off them though..very beautiful and delicate little creatures they are :rolleyes:

well let me put it this way...if a dog ran out in the street in front of my car while i was driving i would do whatever possible to miss the dog...however if a cat ran out in front of me...well i will just say i wouldnt use my break lol

well let me put it this way...if a dog ran out in the street in front of my car while i was driving i would do whatever possible to miss the dog...however if a cat ran out in front of me...well i will just say i wouldnt use my break lol

If it is too close , I may not stop in time for a dog or a cat, lest I get rear-ended from a car behind me.

Cats are peoples pets also. There is no excuse for anyone to commit an act of animal cruelty and I will back them up for stiffer penalties on violators of it. Tell me if someone ran over your pet or loved one, that you would not mind. Someone who felt that breaks were only for what they gave a darn about.

We have gecko's living in our cellar and they walk around the house during summer...have to keep the dogs off them though..very beautiful and delicate little creatures they are :rolleyes:

I think they are cute :D

I think they are cute :D

Getting back to the subject, dogs vs. cats. Cats are picky eaters and dogs eat regardless. Thanks for everyones input. I need to call it a night. So farewell to all and take good care of your pet.

Word of the day: If your pet is reluctant upon something you want it to do then have patience.

Word of the day: If your pet is reluctant upon something you want it to do then have patience.

haha! funny you should mention that

I just finished making a video for youtube that I needed my dog to sit still in one place for..

well... let's just say I have plenty of blooper reels at the end of me starting the video, then stopping cuz my dog just stood up and left

haha it was a joke im not that cruel!! but i def life dogs more than i do cats

Glad to know you aren't a serial killer. I'm only saying that everyone should at least make the best possible effort to avoid killing strays.

I wish I was a vegetarian to save animals, though, all of my life I loved red meat. If I don't eat the nice, juicy, prime rib of beef, then someone else will.

We should all be thankful that we were not born as animals because life can be short or difficult. :D

Word of the day: Change that litterbox once a week and clean it well. Your cat will love you for it. Don't be lazy and just add some fresh litter to the old.

Keep your dogs head cool. On a hot day outside, he/she might like an ice pack for a little while. :)

I wish I was a vegetarian to save animals, though, all of my life I loved red meat. If I don't eat the nice, juicy, prime rib of beef, then someone else will.

I never understood this..

I mean, ok, so if you're at a supermarket, and you see a freezer thingie filled with beef and other animal meat products

If you don't buy and consume those products, chances are high that someone else will.

If no one buys or consume one of those particular products, the animal doesn't come back to life, no one is saved.

I never understood this..

I mean, ok, so if you're at a supermarket, and you see a freezer thingie filled with beef and other animal meat products

If you don't buy and consume those products, chances are high that someone else will.

If no one buys or consume one of those particular products, the animal doesn't come back to life, no one is saved.

Some of those activists are a bit too extreme. Cows, chickens and others have been eaten for centuries and no one bugged about it back then. Meat is a healthy and tasty part of our diet. If deer were never killed, guess how many would exist today. They would be crapping everywhere. :lol:

Going back to the subject: I never once worried about being attacked or bitten by a cat. Dogs on the other hand, usually will not be violent if you just stand still and let them smell you up. Now, some will still bite or jump at you because they have a defensive mechanism in their head to do just that. Most people are less afraid of stray cats than they are of stray dogs.

Would anyone beg to differ?

I once had a pet scorpion :unsure: She was one of those big, less-lethal scorions and one time she escaped from her cage and hid in my jeans :huh:

Congrats for becoming one month old. :D

And what was the end result?

she survive? :lol:

Just kidding . But really , what happened? :)

EDIT : Btw, How does one find the sex of a scorpion? :)

I forgot to mention, the jeans were on my chair, not me. Luckily, it was early and I hadn't put my pants on :D My parents found her and captured her.

You can, of course, see it the obvious way if you're a vet, but there is a difference in the claws I think.

Edited by ImWanted

i am an animal lover all the way around (except I can't stand small dogs, if my cats weight more than a dog it is merely a 4 legged football jk lol) I have 3 cats and I agree that they show me just as much love as a dog. Cats are nice though as they are rather independent whereas dogs tend to be somewhat needy. I also am a big snake person...they tend to have the funniest personalities (believe it or not)

I know you were just joking but I personally find that rather offensive. i have a schizophrenic uncle who got mad at me when I was 7 and ran over my beloved cat mercedes in front of me to punish me and I am still completely traumatized by that today... hate that &&*%&*%&*%.. anywho even though I do not like little dogs and would probably love to kick most of them when they bite my ankles I always recognize that someone loves them and thats enough for me to not score a field goal with them

I know you were just joking but I personally find that rather offensive. i have a schizophrenic uncle who got mad at me when I was 7 and ran over my beloved cat mercedes in front of me to punish me and I am still completely traumatized by that today... hate that &&*%&*%&*%.. anywho even though I do not like little dogs and would probably love to kick most of them when they bite my ankles I always recognize that someone loves them and thats enough for me to not score a field goal with them

When little dogs nibble at ankles, it means they want to play. They aren't meaning to hurt you, although them teeth can be sharp and cut or scratch

you a little. If trained at an early age not to bite/nibble then the problem is over when they're young. Substitute your ankle with a bone or chewy thing. Dogs will be dogs. If it is dislikeable then get a free cat. We have dozens and dozens near me.

I would prefer my cat to play rough with me than not at all. I had little teeth marks on my hands and arms and a few scratches. That is nothing to worry about as they go away very fast. I would scratch his belly and he wanted to play rough. They need some physical attention it keeps them happy.

I gotta say that I think this one is a tie for me. Awesome cats = awesome dogs, but in totally different ways. I've had/met great dogs and cats and have met both dogs and cats that I didn't really care for. These are the pets I have/had

dogs, cats, monitor lizard, gecko, bearded dragon, turtles, salamanders, skinks, iguana, anoles, hermit crab, guinea pigs, chinchillas, frogs, toads, scorpions, snakes, and tons of fish.

I gotta say that I think this one is a tie for me. Awesome cats = awesome dogs, but in totally different ways. I've had/met great dogs and cats and have met both dogs and cats that I didn't really care for. These are the pets I have/had

dogs, cats, monitor lizard, gecko, bearded dragon, turtles, salamanders, skinks, iguana, anoles, hermit crab, guinea pigs, chinchillas, frogs, toads, scorpions, snakes, and tons of fish.

Wow!!!

Did they smell up the house nice? :lol: Just joking. I had some of the smaller ones but it is alot of work to taking good care of them. i.e. How many people brush their dogs' teeth or brush fur off etc. ?

I guess we feel the same about cats and dogs. I guess I should have made this for all kinds of pets. :)

Thanks for everyones excellent comments and keep them coming. :):D

Edited by akaslickster

Just a heads up to all you "cat-haters" who have had bad experiences with cats, it might just be because they were mistreated. When you hit a dog, (i've never done it) it'll hide for a little while, then forget. If a cat is hurt more than 5 times it will never trust a human again.

My male calico cat showed just as much love and friendship as my dog who had cancer and passed. I suppose it depends on the place / environment where it is to be housed. Some argue that cats are a better pet and vice -versa. This is a place to put your experiences and feelings toward this subject.

who is first??? I love all animals, and some insects. :)

aww no parrots? fine be that way (joke) althoght id have to say i prefer parrots dogs come in close 2nd