BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

I edited this post July 15th to make it easier to read, to add a couple extra clues and to make a slight tweak to one of the character's rules. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Use this link to brush up on the rules back in Mafia 2 and use the rules on the very first post for this puzzle. The only modification for this puzzle is that the Grim Reaper kills every night except for the First Night.

The players are the same:

1) Brandonb

2) Scott

3) akaslickster

4) pw0nzd

5) GC

6) pieman

7) dnae

8) Frost

9) Itachi

10) kingofpain

11) Nayana

12) puzzlegirl

The following happened in the game:

1) No pm was sent to the Inspector on the Second Day

2) The Grim Reaper killed puzzlegirl

3) Nayana was killed by the Vigilante

4) pieman defended Frost the Second Day

5) akaslickster was killed the Third Night by the Mafia

6) GC and Scott found out who the Vigilante was at some point

7) The Innocents won on the Third Day.

8) kingofpain and itachi blew up on the Third Night

9) The Sage told everyone the Doctor was ready to save pieman the First Night

10) The Sage knew there were still 3 Mafiosos alive the Second Day

11) The Lynch failed the First Day

12) When GC was killed the Second Night, dnae got worried

13) The Illusionist never had an opportunity to defend anyone

14) The Doctor never had to save anyone

15) Brandon and kingofpain voted for Frost to be Lynched the Second Day

16) itachi found out puzzlegirl's character at some point

17) akaslickster was not a protective character

So, who was who? ;)

24 answers to this question

more like i came up with it faster than you did ;) and where's your answer? if yours is harder than this should be a breeze for you right? :huh:

No, we made ours a while ago as an advertisement for Mafia. I'll work on yours though, ought to be fun. B))

oh, did you post it here? i must have missed it if you did. could you post a link to it?

We haven't posted it yet, we were saving it as an ad for Mafia IV. Unreality will probably post it later. Yours I'm working on. B))

Wow, that's a tough one, I'll have to come back to it.

Edited by Frost

I've never played this before but here is a guess. Please let me know how far off (or close ) I am

1) Brandonb - illusionist

2) Scott - Spy

3) akaslickster - doctor

4) pw0nzd - inspector

5) GC - sage

6) pieman - defender

7) dnae - mafioso

8) Frost - vigalante

9) Itachi - grim reaper

10) kingofpain - bomb

11) Nayana - mafioso

12) puzzlegirl - mafioso

I've never played this before but here is a guess. Please let me know how far off (or close ) I am

1) Brandonb - illusionist

2) Scott - Spy

3) akaslickster - doctor

4) pw0nzd - inspector

5) GC - sage

6) pieman - defender

7) dnae - mafioso

8) Frost - vigalante

9) Itachi - grim reaper

10) kingofpain - bomb

11) Nayana - mafioso

12) puzzlegirl - mafioso

sorry, you only have two correct characters. don't get discouraged though, try again ;)

Here's my stab at it. I figure I'm either really close or way in left field.

Brandonb - Sage

Scott - Spy

akaslickster - Doctor

pw0nzd - illusionist

GC - defender

pieman - mafia

dnae - vigilante

Frost - mafia

Itachi - bomb

KoP - GR

Nayana - mafia

puzzlegirl - inspector

Edit: just realized I'm not competely correct, because I have three roles the same as the previous poster, who only had two right. Let me know how close I am. Meanwhile, back to the drawing board...

Edited by Cherry Lane

Brandonb - Sage

Scott - Spy

akaslickster - Doctor

pw0nzd - illusionist

GC - defender

pieman - mafia

dnae - vigilante

Frost - mafia

Itachi - bomb

KoP - GR

Nayana - mafia

puzzlegirl - inspector

Edit: just realized I'm not competely correct, because I have three roles the same as the previous poster, who only had two right. Let me know how close I am. Meanwhile, back to the drawing board...

spot on! well done. though i just realized that I didn't make Brandon's and akaslickster's roles definitive enough (they can be interchanged). good job Cherry ;)

spot on! well done. though i just realized that I didn't make Brandon's and akaslickster's roles definitive enough (they can be interchanged). good job Cherry ;)

Yeah, those were my last 2. It was pretty much a guess between them. Great puzzle! Hope it helps my mafia-playing skills. Can't wait for the frost/unreality version. I can use all the practice I can get! Any more coming this way? Thanks again, Itachi-san.

Yeah, those were my last 2. It was pretty much a guess between them. Great puzzle! Hope it helps my mafia-playing skills. Can't wait for the frost/unreality version. I can use all the practice I can get! Any more coming this way? Thanks again, Itachi-san.

my pleasure, thanks for playing. i think Frost and unreality are going to post another one similar to this. that will be cool because then i would be able to make and solve them :D also, i fixed that last ambiguity in the OP with another clue i edited in.

Nice puzzle. :D Still working on it but so far, the mafia seem to be:

1)pieman

2)Frost

3)Nayana

Hooray for spreadsheets!!! ;)

Edit: lol, Cherry beat me to it. Still gonna work it out on my own.

Edited by pw0nzd

Great Puzzle!!

but....

if puzzlegirl is the inspector why didn't she get a PM on the second day? To me that would imply that she was killed the first night but the Grim Reaper can only kill on even nights. Am I missing something?

Great Puzzle!!

but....

if puzzlegirl is the inspector why didn't she get a PM on the second day? To me that would imply that she was killed the first night but the Grim Reaper can only kill on even nights. Am I missing something?

thanks!, and the thing you are missing is that the second day comes after the second night. the game begins with the first night. this puzzle is definitely more difficult if you haven't played, i'm sure. B))

Brandonb - Sage

Scott - Spy

akaslickster - Doctor

pw0nzd - illusionist

GC - defender

pieman - mafia

dnae - vigilante

Frost - mafia

Itachi - bomb

KoP - GR

Nayana - mafia

puzzlegirl - inspector

I'm confused about this answer. How can KOP be the GR? GR only kills on even-# nights, so he couldn't have blown up on the Third Night, right? Here's the answer I got, though it's a bit different from this one because of that.

1) Brandonb - Mafioso

2) Scott - Spy

3) akaslickster - Doctor

4) pw0nzd - Illusionist

5) GC - Defender

6) pieman - Mafioso

7) dnae - Sage (This doesn't make sense, but only the Vigilante and Mafia can kill on odd nights, so KOP would be Vig.)

8) Frost - Mafioso

9) Itachi - Bomb

10) kingofpain - Vigilante

11) Nayana - Grim Reaper

12) puzzlegirl - Inspector

I just realized that this doesn't work because my scenario has the Vigilante killing Nayana on the Second Night, which isn't in the rules, but I think there are a few errors in the puzzle... :mellow: If the innocents win on the Third Day, then the GR only has one killing turn, meaning he couldn't kill both Puzzlegirl and Itachi. Otherwise, it was a fun puzzle and I enjoyed trying to solve it. :P

I'm confused about this answer. How can KOP be the GR? GR only kills on even-# nights, so he couldn't have blown up on the Third Night, right? Here's the answer I got, though it's a bit different from this one because of that.

1) Brandonb - Mafioso

2) Scott - Spy

3) akaslickster - Doctor

4) pw0nzd - Illusionist

5) GC - Defender

6) pieman - Mafioso

7) dnae - Sage (This doesn't make sense, but only the Vigilante and Mafia can kill on odd nights, so KOP would be Vig.)

8) Frost - Mafioso

9) Itachi - Bomb

11) Nayana - Grim Reaper

I just realized that this doesn't work because my scenario has the Vigilante killing Nayana on the Second Night, which isn't in the rules, but I think there are a few errors in the puzzle... :mellow: If the innocents win on the Third Day, then the GR only has one killing turn, meaning he couldn't kill both Puzzlegirl and Itachi. Otherwise, it was a fun puzzle and I enjoyed trying to solve it. :P

ah, yes, you're right. my mistake about the GR blowing up the 3rd night. sorry about that

1) Brandonb - Mafioso

2) Scott - Spy

3) akaslickster - Doctor

4) pw0nzd - Illusionist

5) GC - Defender

6) pieman - Mafioso

8) Frost - Mafioso

9) Itachi - Bomb

11) Nayana - Grim Reaper

The GR didn't kill in the night . Itachi(bomb) was lynched on the second day and KOP was the most outspoken . I hope I am right . :)

EDIT : My bad . Didn't finish the puzzle . :) Good one , Itachi .