BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Forgive me if this is piggybacking off of a similar paradox, but i jus thought of it and decided to share it.

Ok so, suppose your future self visits you on a monday and delivers you a letter. The letter reads: "Three days from now (Thursday), go back in time and visit this day, and deliver this letter to yourself."

You do as you are told, and only after you have completed the task do you ask yourself some questions "Who wrote the letter, originally? When was written?" Hmmm....

My personal answer would be that the letter is stuck in some sort of paradoxical time loop that it will never escape. But that still doesn't answer who could have written it and when.

7 answers to this question

why would you be delivering someone else's letter personally to anyone else unless you are a mailman/woman. So doesn't this mean you wrote the letter yourself?

why would you be delivering someone else's letter personally to anyone else unless you are a mailman/woman. So doesn't this mean you wrote the letter yourself?

I think the other self might of had wings and was reincarnated as a homing pigeon or a stork to enable this letter to be sent self-righteously... :lol::lol::lol:

Forgive me if this is piggybacking off of a similar paradox, but i jus thought of it and decided to share it.

Ok so, suppose your future self visits you on a monday and delivers you a letter. The letter reads: "Three days from now (Thursday), go back in time and visit this day, and deliver this letter to yourself."

You do as you are told, and only after you have completed the task do you ask yourself some questions "Who wrote the letter, originally? When was written?" Hmmm....

My personal answer would be that the letter is stuck in some sort of paradoxical time loop that it will never escape. But that still doesn't answer who could have written it and when.

get back 2 me when they invent time travel ;):lol:B))