BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

I KNOW this can not be the right answer, because we're only one page 1, and the correct answer does not show until page 4 at least. My guess is microphone.

I am usually found standing up

Though I don't like to stay in one place

Forcefully, I can be your guide

Or just my words can stay your pace

Pedestrian signal

No one has gotten it yet. This answer seems to have a few supporters though. Would anyone like to explain it?

I am usually found standing up - Standing both sides of the pavement(sidewalk)

Though I don't like to stay in one place - they are in lots of places - flashes on-off, moves green to red

Forcefully, I can be your guide - Press to cross, response is not free will

Or just my words can stay your pace - Audible warning! beeps or stays quite, perhaps some have vocabulary-loose at this point

...that a crossing guard (that's lollipop lady to brits) would be more appropriate:

I am usually found standing up unless I got run over

Though I don't like to stay in one place not much use unless going back and forth

Forcefully, I can be your guide across the road

Or just my words can stay your pace big STOP sign

...that a crossing guard (that's lollipop lady to brits) would be more appropriate:

I am usually found standing up unless I got run over

Though I don't like to stay in one place not much use unless going back and forth

Forcefully, I can be your guide across the road

Or just my words can stay your pace big STOP sign

s'as good as

Traffic cop! eating doughnuts

Though I don't like to stay in one place - they are in lots of places - flashes on-off, moves green to red

Or just my words can stay your pace - Audible warning! beeps or stays quite, perhaps some have vocabulary-loose at this point

Don't some of the signs say WALK or DON'T WALK on them? That would count as words.

I am usually found standing up

Though I don't like to stay in one place

Forcefully, I can be your guide

Or just my words can stay your pace

up for my principles

up for my principles

I am usually found standing up- for my principles

Though I don't like to stay in one place-change my mind

Forcefully, I can be your guide-morals/principles

Or just my words can stay your pace-intuition

Its all related to your principals

But then it couldalso be your point of view.

Yeah, this answer fits perfectly. Good job to all those who had this or something similar (like crossing guard). I did have another answer in mind though.

a rudder, mostly in a nautical sense. for line 4, a rudder can be a ship captain's navigational reference book

a rudder, mostly in a nautical sense. for line 4, a rudder can be a ship captain's navigational reference book

Don't mean to be picky, but a ship's navigational aid is a rutter. Only know that from reading James Clavell's Shogun.

Don't mean to be picky, but a ship's navigational aid is a rutter. Only know that from reading James Clavell's Shogun.

I know, but I've seen a few riddles where the answer took on different spellings in accordance with certain sections of the riddle. For instance, there was a recent one where the answer was 'sail', but the word 'sale' was also part of the riddle. Where were you then?!?! ...j/k. They both sound the same if that makes you feel better. ;)

I know, but I've seen a few riddles where the answer took on different spellings in accordance with certain sections of the riddle. For instance, there was a recent one where the answer was 'sail', but the word 'sale' was also part of the riddle. Where were you then?!?! ...j/k. They both sound the same if that makes you feel better. ;)

Wait a moment, I get that sail sounds like sale, and there sounds like their (and they're), and stare sounds like stair and so on... but how does rutter sound like rudder? Surely bending the "sounds like" rules a bit??? :huh: