BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

after a bit of research it was Perrault who first discovered the tale and he said this

1. Children, especially attractive, well bred young ladies, should never talk to strangers, for if they should do so, they may well provide dinner for a wolf. I say "wolf," but there are various kinds of wolves. There are also those who are charming, quiet, polite, unassuming, complacent, and sweet, who pursue young women at home and in the streets. And unfortunately, it is these gentle wolves who are the most dangerous ones of all.

and also a rhyme Perrault wrote about the story

2. Little girls, this seems to say,

Never stop upon your way.

Never trust astranger-friend;

No one knows how it will end.

As you're pretty, so bewise;

Wolves may lurk in every guise.

Handsome they may be, and kind,

Gay, or charming—never mind!

Now, as then, 'tis simple truth—

Sweetesttongue has sharpest tooth!

what are you basing this question on? have you searched the internet for it or has someone told you, maybe the answer is your own opinion?

Well theres no challenge if i tell you!

is there?

after a bit of research it was Perrault who first discovered the tale and he said this

1. Children, especially attractive, well bred young ladies, should never talk to strangers, for if they should do so, they may well provide dinner for a wolf. I say "wolf," but there are various kinds of wolves. There are also those who are charming, quiet, polite, unassuming, complacent, and sweet, who pursue young women at home and in the streets. And unfortunately, it is these gentle wolves who are the most dangerous ones of all.

and also a rhyme Perrault wrote about the story

2. Little girls, this seems to say,

Never stop upon your way.

Never trust astranger-friend;

No one knows how it will end.

As you're pretty, so bewise;

Wolves may lurk in every guise.

Handsome they may be, and kind,

Gay, or charming—never mind!

Now, as then, 'tis simple truth—

Sweetesttongue has sharpest tooth!

no. its not the first ever.

No - maybe a hint, this could be interpreted in many ways so its wide open.

don't trust your grandma!

Why the g-ma, why not:

don't trust wolves

don't give your information to strangers.

This one can't have multiple interpretations. It has to be the first ever. Plausible answers have already been refuted.

assuming the research is correct and that itself is open too. considering this originated in verbal forms Maybe from Scandinavia or eastern Europe.

Proof of the pudding is in the eating - and we don't appearing to have had a tasty bite yet,

assuming the research is correct and that itself is open too. considering this originated in verbal forms Maybe from Scandinavia or eastern Europe.

Proof of the pudding is in the eating - and we don't appearing to have had a tasty bite yet,

Then more emenems for you. I put down what I recall when I was a kid. No t that it was true.

okay ill tell u

beware of rapers

I think that is a modernist interprtation!

So PLEASE a rapist is mentioned where?

Charles Perrault explained the 'moral' at the end so that no doubt is left to his intended meaning:

From this story one learns that children, especially young lasses, pretty, courteous and well-bred, do very wrong to listen to strangers, And it is not an unheard thing if the Wolf is thereby provided with his dinner. I say Wolf, for all wolves are not of the same sort; there is one kind with an amenable disposition — neither noisy, nor hateful, nor angry, but tame, obliging and gentle, following the young maids in the streets, even into their homes. Alas! Who does not know that these gentle wolves are of all such creatures the most dangerous! In this version the tale has been adapted for late 17th century French salon culture, an entirely different audience from what it had before, and has become a harsh morality tale warning women of the advances of men.

Which means keep and protect your virtue. Rape not mentioned.

perhaps it is your interpritation