BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

23 answers to this question

What is faster than Thought? :D:):D

Thoughts are a variable from person to person, yours may be faster than mine.

Also your own vary depending on your condition.

My personal choice would be a computer - cos it can bigger mistakes much faster.

2nd choice would be thoughtlessness cos it's a silly word

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the speed of thought can be quantified. Neural transmission (i.e. THOUGHT) is fast, but not as fast as light (or Mach 5), for that matter. A thought takes a fraction of a second, but even when only a couple neurons are involved (never the case), you're dealing with electrical AND chemical messengers, which would not be as fast as a beam of light. Sorry to get all dorky on this one, but I can't let this one slide :P

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the speed of thought can be quantified. Neural transmission (i.e. THOUGHT) is fast, but not as fast as light (or Mach 5), for that matter. A thought takes a fraction of a second, but even when only a couple neurons are involved (never the case), you're dealing with electrical AND chemical messengers, which would not be as fast as a beam of light. Sorry to get all dorky on this one, but I can't let this one slide :P

Scientists! :P

lol good one.

Three men apply for a job, and all three look excellent on their resumes. Over the phone, all three appear equally qualified. The manager trying to hire for the position decides to bring them all in for a one-question interview. Whoever gives the best answer will be hired for the job on the spot.

Nervously, the three men sit across the table from the manager. "I will ask each of you the same question," he tells them, "and whoever gives me the best answer will get this job. It's the only way I can decide."

He pauses, then asks the first man, "What is the fastest thing you can think of?"

After a moment, the man answers, "A thought. You never see it coming, and suddenly, BOOM! there it is!"

"Okay, very nice," replies the manager. He turns to the second man and asks him, "What do you say the fastest thing is?"

After giving it some thought, the second man replies, "Light. It's the fastest thing there is. When I was growing up on my Daddy's farm, he had this light WAY out across the yard by the barn, but when I flipped the switch by the house the light would come on at the same time! So light is the fastest thing there is."

The manager thinks to himself, "That was good...I wonder if anything is faster than that."

"Excellent," the manager says. "Now, for you, sir," he says, turning to the third man, who is starting to look quite nervous. "What do you say is the fastest thing?"

The third man screws up his face a bit and seems to get lost in thought. Suddenly, his face lights up as he answers, "Diarrhea!"

Absolutely flabberghasted, the manager goes pale and asks, "Did you just say diarrhea??"

"Yup," the man confidently replies. "Diarrhea. 'Cuz when I got it, before I can think or turn on the light in the bathroom, I done pooped my pants!"

Three men apply for a job, and all three look excellent on their resumes. Over the phone, all three appear equally qualified. The manager trying to hire for the position decides to bring them all in for a one-question interview. Whoever gives the best answer will be hired for the job on the spot.

Nervously, the three men sit across the table from the manager. "I will ask each of you the same question," he tells them, "and whoever gives me the best answer will get this job. It's the only way I can decide."

He pauses, then asks the first man, "What is the fastest thing you can think of?"

After a moment, the man answers, "A thought. You never see it coming, and suddenly, BOOM! there it is!"

"Okay, very nice," replies the manager. He turns to the second man and asks him, "What do you say the fastest thing is?"

After giving it some thought, the second man replies, "Light. It's the fastest thing there is. When I was growing up on my Daddy's farm, he had this light WAY out across the yard by the barn, but when I flipped the switch by the house the light would come on at the same time! So light is the fastest thing there is."

The manager thinks to himself, "That was good...I wonder if anything is faster than that."

"Excellent," the manager says. "Now, for you, sir," he says, turning to the third man, who is starting to look quite nervous. "What do you say is the fastest thing?"

The third man screws up his face a bit and seems to get lost in thought. Suddenly, his face lights up as he answers, "Diarrhea!"

Absolutely flabberghasted, the manager goes pale and asks, "Did you just say diarrhea??"

"Yup," the man confidently replies. "Diarrhea. 'Cuz when I got it, before I can think or turn on the light in the bathroom, I done pooped my pants!"

hahahaha - well said. Way to work a great joke into a thread such that it's relevant. I was praying that you hadn't interviewed some of my ex-g/f's and they said that I was the fastest thing ever!!