BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

I'm a bit of a self-proclaimed film buff and I was just curious to see if my taste in films is similar to yours. Feel free to add comments about films that I haven't mentioned. There are plenty more great films from each genre, but then the lists would be too cumbersome. I tried to diversify the titles, but they are certainly skewed toward my favorites so if you've got a favorite that's not mentioned in the poll just add it below.

I'm a bit of a self-proclaimed film buff and I was just curious to see if my taste in films is similar to yours. Feel free to add comments about films that I haven't mentioned. There are plenty more great films from each genre, but then the lists would be too cumbersome. I tried to diversify the titles, but they are certainly skewed toward my favorites so if you've got a favorite that's not mentioned in the poll just add it below.

Okay found the comedy club

Still my two missing

The jurk

Life of Brian

I definitely should have Monty Python represented, my bad.

My bad - seen b4 is that a new expression/popular usage?

Another/more

SHORT CIRCUIT - NO 5/JOHNNY FIVE IS ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

My bad - seen b4 is that a new expression/popular usage?

Another/more

SHORT CIRCUIT - NO 5/JOHNNY FIVE IS ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

It's not new in America. It's probably 10 years old. It's a bit corny to say, but I say it anyway. ;)

LOL at the Short Circuit reference! Is there any Steve Gutenberg can't do?

Duck Soup - Day at the Races - Marx Bros greatest too

Funniest Biog ever - HARPO SPEAKS, laughed out lad loads of times, recomended. But That was thirty-ish years ago

Well, I got Duck Soup represented for the Marx Bros. Perhaps I should have included some Chaplin or 3 Stooges though? They're not really my cup of tea.

For Comedy: Super troopers, Corky Romano (Only the part where he does coke and goes off, "ya do ya dont ya do ya dont, I SHOULD BUY A BOAT"), Anything by Kevin Smith (Cept Jersey Girl, Ouch!). Oh Oh Oh!!! You can't forget Van Wilder.

For Horror: Sheesh I don't do horror, but that movie with John Cusack and the hotel room... OMG I cried :(. I really can't stand horror movies. Need big strong man to protect me :).

Sci-fi: Drawing a blank this morning.

One of my favorite SF movies is :lol:"Total Recall" with Arnie. The reason why I love that movie so much is because it happens on Mars and there are aliens involved... (I had no idea it had won an Oscar for visual effects?? :lol: )

But... my favorite SF of all times is "Screamers"! :o

I love that pessimistic an gloomy atmosphere in the movie, and at the same time this is my favorite horror movie as well!

"Dumb and Dumber" one word - Priceless!! :D

Edited by andromeda

I forgot to say that my favorite Alien movie is the third one, and I've seen "Blade Runner" yesterday and I wasn't impressed...

Only the first "Matrix" is worth to watch, number two is painfully boring.

I liked the SF "Sunshine". :D

Edited by andromeda

Rodney Dangerfied - Back to School

everyone -Air plane

Everyone - Police Academy

Ed=format

Oh and how did i miss 'Scene 1, seen them all'.

Edited by Lost in space

Personally I didn't like any of the films listed in the Comedy catagory. My favorites just happen to both be Christmas movies:

- Elf

- A Christmas Story

(both of which are not only hilarious time and time again...but also so clean that my kids can watch them) and then there's the classics:

- MP and the Holy Grail

- Planes, Trains & Automobiles

- NP Vacation and NP Christmas Vacation

- Caddyshack

- Trading Places

For Sci-Fi I had a hard time choosing between 2001 A Space Odyssey; the Original Star Wars Trilogy, and the Matrix. However, one of my other favorites was not on the list: Fifth Element.

I'm not super fond of horror films...stopped watching those after I graduated high school. However, I did like the Sixth Sense (more a thriller than a slasher type.)

Edit: Ohhh...and I agree with Andromeda; Back to the Future (just the original) was GREAT!

Edited by puzzlegirl

Personally I didn't like any of the films listed in the Comedy catagory. My favorites just happen to both be Christmas movies:

- Elf

- A Christmas Story

(both of which are not only hilarious time and time again...but also so clean that my kids can watch them) and then there's the classics:

- MP and the Holy Grail

- Planes, Trains & Automobiles

- NP Vacation and NP Christmas Vacation

- Caddyshack

- Trading Places

For Sci-Fi I had a hard time choosing between 2001 A Space Odyssey; the Original Star Wars Trilogy, and the Matrix. However, one of my other favorites was not on the list: Fifth Element.

I'm not super fond of horror films...stopped watching those after I graduated high school. However, I did like the Sixth Sense (more a thriller than a slasher type.)

Edit: Ohhh...and I agree with Andromeda; Back to the Future (just the original) was GREAT!

YES!! MP and the Holy Grail

and Fifth element :)

*sniff sniff* you make me proud PG

YES!! MP and the Holy Grail

and Fifth element :)

*sniff sniff* you make me proud PG

I love the ftfth element. Also add Stargate, to The Abyss and they are my three candicates.

I think Home Alone was quite a good comady..

Thanks Bunny for sticking up for me ;)

I love the ftfth element. Also add Stargate, to The Abyss and they are my three candicates.

I think Home Alone was quite a good comady..

Thanks Bunny for sticking up for me ;)

Always :D

My favorite "Home Alone" is number 3! I didn't like the what's his weird name kid!

Yeah I forgot to emphasize "Back to the Future" the original... :)

I loved the original "Men in Black", "Cube"...

Oh and "Deep Blue Sea" and um... "Deep Impact"

"Armageddon" I thought was boring! :)

Edited by andromeda

Nice additions!

I love Back to the Future 1 and 2 (not 3 so much - the Western attempt didn't do it for me)

A Christmas Story! -how could I forget?! I've seen that possibly more than any other movie

Monty Python films and Trading Places definitely are hilarious :lol:

and Fifth Element was great too. I wouldn't put it high on my personal list, but it's a must-see IMO

so is Dark City. Has anyone seen that? I would say Matrix ripped it off or vice versa, but they came out at the same time... it's very strange because they are so similar. Regardless, it's really good.

Edit: Cube was pretty cool. and yeah, Armageddon was downright awful :rolleyes: