BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers
Sign in to follow this  
Yoruichi-san

The Seven Mysteries of Brainden

36 posts in this topic

pretty stuck on the Time of Madness. think it's pretty tough and could use some group think. and the witching hour is fast approaching. so, re Y-san's post above:

...found a code solver but it returned jibberish until i advanced each letter of the keyword by one (s-->t, h-->i, i-->j, etc). had originally set up a spread sheet where each of the nine key letter values were subtracted from 26 and added to the corresponding letters of the ciphertext and had no issues.

-- Help -- come get me.

Strange...I used the first solver listed in the google search (Sharky's) and it works fine.  Make sure to select "subtraction" on the left side...

that's where i'm stuck, too. definitely not a coincidence imo. have been trying all sorts of letter and word length comparison matches with keywords, alphabet, text from the Secret Level, etc. the only thing I can think of special about twenty four is hours in a day. also seems maybe of possible importance because of the repeated mentions of time; especially the last three lines of the first poem. still think something's missing. still at it...

Well if you're stuck, then that'll be the rest of us totally *u** d. :-)

Think I'll have a look outside the box.

why reappear minutes later with slight changes. Is there a message within these six?

the last two verses of the thread, 21 lines?

text is kinda deja vu ish. Partial template ???

and just checking imaginihs ?

The time...the place.

any thoughts fellow ghost hunters?

check out the time stamps in the Phantom thread. cant be a coincidence. but again set up a spread sheet to iterate different combinations with no luck as of yet.

Sorry, been incapacitated with a bad cold :(

Did you know that the time in a member's set zone is conveniently displayed on their profile?

;)