BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Twins

rookie1ja

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THEY WOULD BE EXACTLY AT THE SAME TIME IN THE SAME YEAR ON THE SAME DAY IF THEY WERE EXACTLY PINPOINTED TO BEING ONE YEAR APART...

SO IF THE FIRST WERE BORN AT 12:00 JAN 1 2008 THEN THE SECOND WAS BORN 12:00 DEC 31 2008...IT WOULD BE THE SAME TIME...MIDNIGHT IM NOT SURE IF ITS THE FIRST MINUTE OF THE DAY OR THE LAST MINUTE OF THE DAY SO LETS SUPPOSE THAT MIDNIGHT IS THE FIRST MINUTE OF THE DAY

SO...

ON JAN 1 2008...

DURING THE CHANGING OF THE SECOND FROM THE LAST SECOND OF THE LAST DAY OF 2007 TO THE FIRST SECOND OF THE FIRST MINUTE OF 2008 THE FIRST CHILD WAS BORN...

THEN...

ON DEC 31 2008...

AS THE LAST SECOND OF THE LAST DAY OF 2008 CHANGES INTO THE FIRST SECOND OF THE FIRST DAY OF JAN 2009 BUT IN THE VERY INSTANT BEFORE IT BECAME A DIFFERENT YEAR

OF COURSE I DID TERRIBLE IN CALCULUS IN COLLEGE BUT, I REMEMBER THAT IT WOULD BE INFINITY TRYING TO MEASURE DOWN TO THE VERY INSTANT TIME OF ZERO BETWEEN DEC 31 AND JAN 1, BUT IT WOULD BE CLOSE ENOUGH TO SOLVE THE RIDDLE JUST TO BE ABLE TO SAY AT THE VERY INSTANT WHICH IS MEASURE-ABLE TO THE NAKED EYE...OR BY A STOP WATCH...

I DUNNO IF ANYONE UNDERSTANDS WHAT IM TRYIN TO SAY, BUT I THINK IT WORKS

post-9880-1219964747_thumbjpg

• 3 weeks later...

Check this case of Superfetation (the formation of a fetus while another fetus is already present in the uterus)

In 2007, Ame and Lia Herrity, conceived 3 weeks apart, were born in the United Kingdom to Amelia Spence and George Herrity

Born on the same day to the same mother - but they're NOT twins

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-...-NOT-twins.html

weird...... :o:huh::unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Throwing a wrench in the mix.

If they were IDENTICAL and the third one was fraternal.

i.e. 2 eggs one split one did not..

What would you call the two that were identical?

The three are not identical triplets, and since there are three (per the OP) you can not call them twins.

What would you call the identical two?

And don't tell me this can't happen, or I might have to invite you to my family reunion.

• 1 year later...

I think the reason people get it wrong is because, even if they are triplets with another child, they would still be considered twins.

I like the answer, and am looking forward to trying this riddle on my friends. And I don't think triplets are also considered twins, but I'm not going to take the time to look it up and potentially spoil the riddle. :)