BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Twins

rookie1ja

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG!!!!! THIS IS EASY, THEY ARE TRIPLETS, BUT I DO UNDERSTAND YOUR POINT, BABIES CAN'T BE BORN SIDE BY SIDE, THAT WOULD JUST HURT!

Yes, But that is true, the "Babies cant be born side by side" There is Siamese Twins. Siamese twins are not nessararly twins because they are conjoined at some point of the body.they then would have to be born at the same EXACT time.

Some solutions:

1. 2 girls ( it is not puppies... some said that) of a triplet

2. One girl was a test tube baby... with same mother's egg... may have been fertilised on same day when she conceived .... or even if it is not same day, the one in womb could have born prematurely...say 7 months, while the woman went for test tube baby 2 months earlier than conceiving

• 3 weeks later...
Twins - Back to the Logic Puzzles

Two girls are born to the same mother, on the same day, at the same time, in the same month and year and yet they're not twins. How can this be?

Twins - solution

The two babies are two of a set of triplets.

Triplets, quadruplets, quintuplets, sextuplets, septuplets, octuplets, it does not matter; where I am from, baby are not born the same time.

However, i can see it happening in America where you people have to chase after the sun. I love this country; America is great.

Edited by fredred

Ok, I check your answer and it was not what I was thinking; however, i think it would be possible if they were triplets that were born in fall just when we turn our clock back an hour.

Example:

One girl was born on November 4, 2007; 11:45pm

At midnight, we turn our clock back one hour.

The other girl was born one hour later also November 4, 2007; 11:45pm

Both girls were born November 4, 2007 11:45pm.

Edited by fredred

yea they could be 2 of 3 but then they wouldn't be born at the same time... if they were born at the same time there could be 2 mothers (identical twins- not technically the same person but exact same dna) both having daughters at the exact same time

The use of the phrase 'same time' is ambigous because it can imply an approximation (i.e within 10 minutes of eachother) or and exact point of reference (10.59 AM EST and 37 seconds).

Since the other pieces of information, mother, month, year, are exact points of reference, I would assume that "the same time" would be as well.

Therefore it would be impossible to deliver, even by C-Section, two babies at the same time. The riddle still works if you state the same mother, day, month, and year. I realize this is getting into the details, but in my opinion the riddles are more effective that way.

PS... I love this site, I keep refreshing my igoogle page every few minutes to update my riddles.... productivity has decreased...

Two girls are born to the same mother, on the same day, at the same time (Edit: of course, not both at once - one right after the other - you know what I mean ;) ), in the same month and year and yet they're not twins. How can this be?

Twins - solution

They can have different fathers... ;)

Maybe she had two uteruses..

i read an article about this one once but the lady was at different gestational stages with both children as they were conceived days weeks or even months apart :o strange but true!!! apparently........

Two girls are born to the same mother, on the same day, at the same time (Edit: of course, not both at once - one right after the other - you know what I mean ;) ), in the same month and year and yet they're not twins. How can this be?

Twins - solution

Pretty simple actually. They are not twins because they were born in different months.