BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

helllp!

for the past week or so i can't seem to open spoilers at brainden!

my internet connection on everyth else is fine.. but when i wanna open a spoiler to see what's inside.. i can't.. it just won't... i later discovered smth....

when i open the page..(Any braiden thread)

i can open a spoiler UNTILLLL a black patch comes on the first half of the screen and then i can't open spoilers anymore

(this black patch happens within seconds) so for the past days every time i wanna open a spoiler i have to refresh and try to get to it somehow before the patch of death! and this site is totally based on spoilers...so :(

it's really annoying.... please someone tell me this has happened before or that they know what could be happening please and thanku in advance!

14 answers to this question

ahh thalia thank u for answering this:)... i know i've never seen this either:(

yh i get what u mean by using the multiqoute that is a way to get through it i guess.. thx:)

site theme? how do i change the site theme? that could restart my system here and make this go away... form where do i change it ?

gd idea changing the theme, actually in the mobile mode i can view spoilers with no prob but all the other extra options go away.. u can only do the basics in this mode..so :/

oh now guess what.. at first i could change the theme back...but now all of a sudden i can't..oh no wait now i can...ugghhh :wacko:

apparently the universe has decided not to agree with me anymore-_-

well atleast i narrowed down that the prob is smth with my ip board theme

mmmm maybe i should contact him..is there like a specific board i go to or do i message him?

and thank you for helping :)

Edited by guppy

Well, I don't see a specific forum so PM is probably the way to go. All the other questions of this sort have been in this forum. Psst. Rookie!!! I guess there are a lot of rookies on the site so that would be rookie1ja that you're looking for.

I guess you could also learn the coding information for all the stuff. I know that would drive me nuts but if that's the kind of thing you like to do, go for it. Good luck!

hey MM,i'm using mozilla firefox... u think it has to do with a setting on it or something or an update i need?... although i tried accessing with my phone i could use spoilers even on regular ip board mode...

it's just on my laptop...

and a big thanks to thalia for her help.. sry for the trouble:)

and i will try to contact him if things don't work out:D

Psst. Rookie!!!
i am compelled to try that, see if he responds:P

and no i'ld rather NOT learn all the coding :P

Edited by guppy

hey MM,i'm using mozilla firefox... u think it has to do with a setting on it or something or an update i need?... although i tried accessing with my phone i could use spoilers even on regular ip board mode...

and i will try to contact him if things don't work out:D i am compelled to try that, see if he responds:P

No problem! I know Rookie has been around lately. I guess just not here.

and i will try to contact him if things don't work out:D i am compelled to try that, see if he responds:P

BBC is a very easy thing to learn (like html tags). I have always used Mozilla v3+ and haven't had a problem. Just tried 3 this morning. I'm running v7 now. without issues, but I have zero add-ons. Are you using any add-ons? If you are, disable any that you don't actually use (best practice). Disable all of them and see if you can open spoilers. You can access your add-ons by going to Tools > Add-Ons (or by pressing Ctrl + Shift + A). Check extensions and plug-ins. If you don't need them, disable them.

Also, check your version of Firefox (go to Help > About Firefox). In the dialogue that displays, it will list the version under the Firefox logo.

yo guys sry for the late reply but i didn't have much time to reply to everyth and drawl on braiden.. again sry :S

@molly.... thank you for you help i tried cheking the addons and such but no go i'm afraid :S

my version is firefox 3.6.23...

rookie?... rookie! :D

i can't believe u took the time to keep track of my pathetic little post... thank you *oh and my complements to the site* :)

aghhhh i don't know what i'm ganna do.. meh i'll work something out .. go with the flow right? i'm actually getting used to it O.o... as annoying as it is -_-'

so thank you all for your help i appreciate it

but i think this prob is rather unique and i'll sit and poke around with it on my own terms so don't trouble yourselves any more.. again thank u for the help :)