BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

10 answers to this question

:blush: I had to google this one...
But my favorites were: 1. Because the notes for which they are noted are not noted for being musical notes. and 2. Because there is a B in both and an N in neither (get it?). The only answer I could come up with on my own is that each of them is equally unlike the other, while simultaneously being just as similar as well. Of course I know it's a nonsense riddle, but it's fun nonetheless!

:blush: I had to google this one...

But my favorites were: 1. Because the notes for which they are noted are not noted for being musical notes. and 2. Because there is a B in both and an N in neither (get it?). The only answer I could come up with on my own is that each of them is equally unlike the other, while simultaneously being just as similar as well. Of course I know it's a nonsense riddle, but it's fun nonetheless!

Again, not my own: "Because you cannot ride either one of them like a bicycle."

These are all good answers. Until I Googled it I didn't even know that this is the riddle of the March Hare.

They are not the answer I was looking for however.

Edited by Faelyn

In Carroll's Alice in Wonderland, the Mad Hatter asks Alice "Why is a raven like a writing-desk?" When Alice gives up, the Hatter replies that he does not know either, creating a nonsensical riddle. In the chapter "A Mad Tea Party", the Hatter asks a notable riddle: "Why is a raven like a writing desk?" When Alice gives up, the Hatter admits he does not have an answer himself. Lewis Carroll originally intended the riddle to be just a riddle without an answer.

In Carroll's Alice in Wonderland, the Mad Hatter asks Alice "Why is a raven like a writing-desk?" When Alice gives up, the Hatter replies that he does not know either, creating a nonsensical riddle. In the chapter "A Mad Tea Party", the Hatter asks a notable riddle: "Why is a raven like a writing desk?" When Alice gives up, the Hatter admits he does not have an answer himself. Lewis Carroll originally intended the riddle to be just a riddle without an answer.

This may in deed be the case but a great many answers exist that many cleaver people came up with. As I said until I Googled it I didn't know that the March Hare asked originally. It was just a riddle some one once told me. That said I'll post the answer I was given and expecting when I started this.

Edger Allen Poe wrote on both.

Edited by Faelyn

Edgar Alan Poe has written on .

Utalizing two meanings for the phrase "written on". The first, the raven, is a subject of his writings. The second, the desk, is the location his stories were pysically being written.

They are both subjects that Edgar Alan Poe has written on. Utalizing