BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

bonanova

Question

This college student and his gf enter together and are taken to a cozy place for two where they're seated.

An attractive woman walks over and asks what he's drinking. He orders a Corona.

Noting his youthful appearance, the woman asks to see his license.

He obliges, she nods her approval, and returns with his beer.

After a fun conversation with his gf, the guy again feels a thirst coming on.

He looks around and signals for service. A different woman comes by, this one not so attractive.

Again he orders a Corona, and again he is carded. This time he is refused service.

This is another adapted chestnut, so some may have heard it before.

Spoilers, please.

17 answers to this question

They are on an airplane. He is 20. They were in Canada (or Mexico, etc) when he was first allowed drink. By the time he asked for the second drink, they were already flying over The United States =(

I'm sure this may also apply to variations on geography and age.

When you go through customs before the flight, you're officially leaving the country from which you're flying. The country above which you're flying doesn't matter; it just matters whether you've gone through customs or not.

They are on an airplane. He is 20. They were in Canada (or Mexico, etc) when he was first allowed drink. By the time he asked for the second drink, they were already flying over The United States =(

I'm sure this may also apply to variations on geography and age.

When you go through customs before the flight, you're officially leaving the country from which you're flying. The country above which you're flying doesn't matter; it just matters whether you've gone through customs or not.

Good information to know. Thank you :)

Not sure that this is what this puzzle is about but it seems plausible to me (in clubs at least):

- First one doesn't really check it (probably not wearing her glasses to be more attractive).

- Second one checks it more thoroughly (probably wearing her glasses).

I might miss something (I haven't been carded ever *shrug*)

1) solution. They are on a ship in international waters for the first drink. Then the ship is docked for the second drink. 2) solution Drink 1 was given before midnight. drink 2 was after midnight when the drink age law was raised.

I agree with Mordimar. They're on an airplane and flew backward a day in time (international dateline) It was his birthday the first time, but he was not old enough the 2nd time. Great riddle.

Whose licensing laws are you obeying when in the air?

I suspect this riddle applies more to a cruise liner than an aeroplane