BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

MissKitten

Question

Okay, I am pretty confident that not too many people know this riddle, but correct me if I'm wrong.

So two men go to a bar. They both have perfect health, physically and mentally. They both order martinis. The bartender has no grudges against either of the two men. The first guy picks up his drink and downs it in one gulp. The second guy picks up his drink and drinks it slowly, taking his time. Within moments of finishing his drink, the second man drops dead on the floor. The first guy is still perfectly healthy. How come?

7 answers to this question

I thought of the ice as well, but that would require the bartender to be in on it I think. So I was thinking maybe a toothpick soaked in poison and used to spear a couple of olives for the drink. Or even the olives themselves. I guess the guy that lived (the killer) could have smuggled one or two poison tainted olives and slipped them into the victim's drink

ya, plainglazed is right. there is no murderer, though. The bartender was just an unlucky guy. The bar itself was at fault, ordering the ice cubes. I shoulda known u guys were gonna solve it, you guys are just awesome like that.

i think you guys are more experienced than me, so i have a question. How do you get the riddle to show up as solved on the forums?

Edited by MissKitten

How do you get the riddle to show up as solved on the forums?

when you're adding a reply, there's a Manage Topic Poll button. in the question box you can type "solved by" or something like that. in the answer box (labeled "1.") type out the person who solved it, and that's pretty much it :D

i think the martinis might hav been poisoned.when the first person drank the drink,the poison was diluted by more water content as he stomached the whole thing at once.the 2nd person,drank sip by sip,so the poison was more strong!!

so,it caused him death.