BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Have you ever been caught trying to go on BD? Well, I have been trying to sneak in the computer lab at my school...

:blush:

Hilarious moments:(you can post yours)

Sneaking in the computer lab, changing the config to allow for brainden and the librarian says..

what are you doing?

and i smartly reply," i noticed the config for the school is off and people were searching for ___ (insert noun here), so i changed it." :lol:

Edited by Riddle Master Zack

22 answers to this question

There's this forum that we have to go on for school, and I asked to be upgraded to adminship to change the layout and make other minor improvements (don't know how.) So, like an hour later the teacher is behind me, and is like "What are you on?!" Me: Book-space! I changed the lay-out remember? Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to make it viewable to users other than myself yet..

There's this forum that we have to go on for school, and I asked to be upgraded to adminship to change the layout and make other minor improvements (don't know how.) So, like an hour later the teacher is behind me, and is like "What are you on?!" Me: Book-space! I changed the lay-out remember? Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to make it viewable to users other than myself yet..

:lol:

I prefer to stick with "I'm doing homework! Can't you see?" while typing in words like mafia, lynch and kill :P

On a more serious note, I usually just switch to a random school-ish document if I hear anyone coming (it's been a while since I've been caught B)) ) and I have finally mastered not to laugh out loud in class when reading mafia posts... :D

iTouches and iPhones rock for getting away with things during school. I can be on AIM/MSN whilst being on BrainDen/other forums, and at the same time pretend I'm watching some lectures I downloaded on iTunes.

I've mastered not LOLing, but I still grin pretty stupidly occasionally.

I managed to program my school calculator to display my current suspicions in Mafia, and to let me edit them when I feel like it. It's awesome, I've never been caught while using it in math! :D

How?!

Unrelated: I lost my calculator somewhere. :( The good one..

Well, it has to be a graphing calculator... but other than that it's easy:

PRGM

NEW

DISP "(your suspicions)"

DISP "(more suspicions)"

for how ever long you want :D

to edit it:

EDIT

change what's in the (your suspicions)

Not that hard :P

I have also developed an immunity to Brainden attacks while at school. (It involves actually paying attention in class, hard isn't it?) ;)

I don't have much access to computers at school, but even if I did I wouldn't go on brainden. I'm kind of a goody-two-shoes at school. Thankfully, it's not blocked, so if I'm ever daring enough..... ;)

When i first joined, i went on at school to check on something.. probably my first topic, and my friends were like what on earth are you doing? and im like er... this is the only way i can talk to my cousin... o.O lame!

It would be a lot better if this site came in different languages... that way you could change the language, and then when a teacher asks what you're on, you just say you have no idea because you dont know _____(insert language)...

we did that once... got out of doing work.. :P:lol:

Since BrainDen is relatively edjamacational, if a teacher does come, just be like "Er, I was researching (insert topic here, this works well with the math riddles), and it led me to this. It looked interesting, so I clicked around a bit."

I actually did get caught/told off the other day. We were supposed to be doing FCAT Explorer - 8th Grade Science, and I had 11th Grade Science open with Star Wars Mafia in a new tab. So my teacher comes out of no where and is like "Iz.. Really?" Whut? "C'mon. That'll work with the old teachers, but you forget I use technology too!" ...Dude, what? "..'Star Wars Mafia'?" Oh, right. Er... It's a game that enhances my logic and critical thinking abilities? =D? "...Close it, now. And you don't get credit for doing 11th grade. ;)" *mumbles about 8th grade stuff being like 5th grade stuff*

if you don't want a website your on to be blocked, press the F11 key and it hides the web address, this way they cant find the website to block it. ;)

ASA you hover mouse to the top the website name appears. ;)

The big sign on top that says brainden.com doesn't help either :):lol:

Edited by Riddle Master Zack

Got caught on BD in japanese once by a really strict teacher, I got my computer account banned for a week, it was funny the next day in japanese when we had to go on the computers again :P

lol... these are funny... and at our school... if we delete our history it ends up goign to that teachers "list"... so they can check what those student were doing... your safer not deleting your history here

I have only been on BD for a bit and already i am on a first name basis with the computer admin.

Turns out they can find out if any student is rerouting the sever config via command prompt... and if you are useing the school Email to send data packets to the Restricted sites config.

I'm hopeing for detention slip #8 tommarow :P

thanks!!! :D :D :D

I have an idea for the new BD catagory: hacking computers (or just messing with them ;) )

That is such a good idea we should tottaly do that because i want to know how to hack this one program called computertime(shhhhhhh dont tell my dad) :D