Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Forum Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#31 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 11:17 PM

everything is awesome :D (I tested out the reputation system too and gave every post in this topic +1 hehe)

Anyway, I am only worried about one thing... the other day I went to get the link for topics like Mafia II... and the word "prune" was in the URL. In forums, "pruning" is a polite word for "deletion of old topics"... so I was just checking to make sure you don't have any pruning system enabled accidentally/purposefully. The old riddles and old games may be old, but people still love & read them.

#32 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:07 AM

Is there a way you can find out what post give you a reputation?
i have a Reputation of 4 but it says Neutral when does it stop being Neutral?

Yes, I (as admin only) see who gave to whom and who received from whom what reputation points. For instance, 1 member received all 70 points from just another member in 1 mafia thread.
Reputation levels:
Bad -20
Poor -10
Neutral 0
Good 10
Excellent 20

everything is awesome :D (I tested out the reputation system too and gave every post in this topic +1 hehe)

Anyway, I am only worried about one thing... the other day I went to get the link for topics like Mafia II... and the word "prune" was in the URL. In forums, "pruning" is a polite word for "deletion of old topics"... so I was just checking to make sure you don't have any pruning system enabled accidentally/purposefully. The old riddles and old games may be old, but people still love & read them.

The reputation will work only if members use it appropriately.
I checked Mafia II thread and I could not find "prune" - where exactly did you see it? I do not intend to prune any threads.

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

"To start: Press any key... Where's the 'any' key?" - Homer Simpson

#33 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:55 AM

go to Games and click [Last >>] which should take you to page 9 with the following URL:

http://brainden.com/...r__all__st__240

"prune_day_100" looked sinister to me so I was just making sure :)

Also, regarding the reputation, I did not ask him to do that lol

#34 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:43 AM

go to Games and click [Last >>] which should take you to page 9 with the following URL:

http://brainden.com/...r__all__st__240

"prune_day_100" looked sinister to me so I was just making sure :)

I see what you mean now. However, I confirm that no threads will be pruned.

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

#35 clozobozo

clozobozo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:30 AM

Rookie, just wondering, is there still something on a person's profile which tells what there current time is?

I have looked but I can't seem to find one..

#36 Lost in space

Lost in space

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4009 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:37 AM

Lovin it!

Especially the watch/unwatch and spoiler ease - just need to add it in automaitcally for new users Posted Image

BTW - where's the pink banner "Please read before posting" - dropped?

Where's the easy coloured text button please?Posted Image
edit - found it

Edited by Lost in space, 06 July 2009 - 09:38 AM.

#37 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:48 PM

Rookie, just wondering, is there still something on a person's profile which tells what there current time is?

I have looked but I can't seem to find one..

Yes, the location - if filled truthfully.

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

#38 dyalDragon

dyalDragon

devious Drake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1747 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:08 PM

Great job!! I love the new look and the features, but I can't seem to get the spoilers to work (either while posting or just looking at others' posts.) I'm fairly new to Brainden so it may just be something simple that I am overlooking.

Edit: Naturally, the spoilers started working fine as soon as I posted this... Posted Image

Edited by dyalDragon, 06 July 2009 - 05:11 PM.

#39 MrsP

MrsP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2916 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:14 PM

Am having trouble with getting the spoiler to go where I want it to go. If I quote something, then want to put in a spoiler after that, I move the cursor to the bottom, yet the spoiler still goes to the very top. I guess it doesn't really matter, it still works. I just used to be able to put the cursor wherever I wanted the spoiler to be.

#40 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:30 PM

Am having trouble with getting the spoiler to go where I want it to go. If I quote something, then want to put in a spoiler after that, I move the cursor to the bottom, yet the spoiler still goes to the very top. I guess it doesn't really matter, it still works. I just used to be able to put the cursor wherever I wanted the spoiler to be.

Spoiler for well

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users