16) woon - voting for ?

17) taliesin - voting for ?

day ends in approximately 20 minutes :o

Edited by unreality

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FOTH: You were speculating about the reason the warrior couldn't find his target Night 1. Could this be the answer? The Warrior's target might have been a Jumper, seems the most plausible answer...

THEN AGAIN without role descriptions we don't know, some roles might have the ability to be hide, not to be killed while another role is still alive (I'm thinking the Yin/Yang partnership here) or something more complex again. The Escape Chance could be the answer though.

I see your point - I had read that as applying to the Paladin/Crusdaer kills only and hadn't thought about the Warrior attacking Jumpers because I assumed he would only target paladin!

But obviously, on night one it's random who he chooses, so he probably accidentally got an innocent who luckily survived. An interesting point though - it means that the warrior probably should continue to make guesses, even if he doesn't know definitely the role of his target, as if he gets it right, then he is certain to get a kill (assuming the escape chance doesn't apply to paladin) and if he's wrong, there's a chance that the jumper survives. The odds are stacked in our favour on kill targets from both sides :)

edit: also agree with Frost below

Edited by foolonthehill

FOTH: You were speculating about the reason the warrior couldn't find his target Night 1. Could this be the answer? The Warrior's target might have been a Jumper, seems the most plausible answer...

THEN AGAIN without role descriptions we don't know, some roles might have the ability to be hide, not to be killed while another role is still alive (I'm thinking the Yin/Yang partnership here) or something more complex again. The Escape Chance could be the answer though.

In the case of the warrior, I'm thinking they might not be able to kill a Jumper, only Paladins.

Righto - after watching this all day, I am still very suspicious of Mekal, as it seems he changed (maybe accidentally) a vote. However, because I want to give Mekal the chance to defend himself, I am going to change my vote to taliesin, who seems to have been completely indifferent about his lynching. My only worry is that a) he might know he can't die in which case it would be a waste or b) his dying gives new abilities to another paladin.

Either way, we'll find out soon.

Host: unreality

1) Reaymond - voting for Taliesin

2) Kathleen -voting for Woon

3) star_tiger - voting for woon

4) Frost - voting for Mekal

5) Brandonb - voting for taliesin

6) Dawh - voting for woon

7) Joe's Student - voting for woon

8) foolonthehill - voting for Taliesin

9) Puzzlegirl - voting for taliesin

10) itachi-san - voting for woon

11) Frozen_in_fire - voting for Frost

12) crazypainter - voting for taliesin

13) Mekal - voting for taliesin

14) dms172 - voting for - voting for taliesin

15) PrinceMarth85 - voting for taliesin

16) woon - voting for ?

17) taliesin - voting for ?

An 'eeny meeny miney mo' from Bb? Strange no? He's been known to be a strong advocate for discussion in Mafia games... seems strange that's all..

Because of this I'm inclined to stick with the belief that woon is bad. A vote from Bb for taliesin, when it's safest for a baddie to try to save a fellow baddie - it's Day 1 - could be to save fellow baddie woon. Also it's easy enough to hide behind the 'Eenie meenie' tactic. At the minute it's important we choose well between both taliesin and woon. These are my thoughts on that choice and we'll see about Bb later...

Wow, all I can say is that you are terrified of me :mellow: . What did I do? I haven't done anything, and just b/c my name was mentioned in the night post you are hounding me. I can't figure if it's because you are a Paladin and therefore naturally against me, or if you are a fellow jumper and just paranoid.

And what's wrong with "eeny meeny miney mo"? There's nothing to go on right now... in fact, looking at the night post it seems that I am the most suspicious character here. However, I'm not going to vote for myself :P . The fact is that I am a jumper, and I have no idea who to vote for?

As for being the "strong advocate for discussion in Mafia games" that's because I am normally the one under the knife for day 1 :blink: . No worries, I'll probably be up for the lynch tomorrow.

Edit: And I really don't care between woon or taliesin... I don't have a clue about too much right now.

Edited by Brandonb

Just adding a new thought: we don't know everyone's role capabilities. Perhaps taliesin and/or woon cannot be lynched which is why they do not fear it :o

Edit: or maybe they get something good if there are lynched. this not probable, but possible

Good point. It could even be an objective (if they are one of the independents)... Though i doubt it.

Jumper Mafia

Intro

Night One - Welcome to the War

Day One - A Fall From Meteora

Meteora, Greece

27228-Holy-Meteora-1.jpg

The sun was sinking into a shimmering red blanket on the horizon, dotted with massive pillars that rose from the beautiful Greek landscape. The monks were down on a surface grove for evening worship, and the upper aerial balcony was clear, overlooking a massive drop to the ground far below.

Over an hour, various Jumpers - and Paladins pretending to be Jumpers, for they had infiltrated - arrived at the platform, taking a casual glance at the terrifying drop. No drop was terrifying to a Jumper, of course.

The reason they were there was simple: the Paladins for sure had infiltrated the Jumpers, everybody knew it now. And something had to be done...

Machu Picchu, Hours Earlier

The Intersect arrived a few feet above the ground and fell the rest of the way. They adjusted their clothing and looked around.

"Aaahh," they muttered. "Machu Picchu..."

Peru_Machu_Picchu_Sunrise.jpg

"I should be safe here."

Buenos Aires, Argentina, ~1726 miles away from Machu Picchu

The Head Paladin strolled through the market streets warily, hand clasped at their side, ready to use their shock baton to deadly effect. After a few more hours of waiting, they paced nervously.

Finally, a gaggle of men and women arrived, with dark expressions. The Head Paladin's eyes rose inquisitively, but the Paladins shook their heads.

"The Intersect isn't nearby," they said. "Don't worry... we'll find them..."

"Then let's pack up and get out of here," the Head Paladin glanced at their cell phone. "There's a lynching in a few hours, I have to make it."

São Paulo, Brazil, ~1563 miles away from Machu Picchu

"How did you know the Intersect would be in South America?" Roberto asked, curious.

"We had a little system going," the Unknown explained. "I picked up on it... or at least on something. When the only way the Intersect can communicate the next location to me is with where they teleported to last time, they're gonna need a code. But to get it just on the second search, I got a little lucky too. Hopefully the Paladins didn't..."

"So you know where the Intersect is?" Roberto muttered.

"I got this far, didn't I?" the Unknown quipped. "I got to South America, I think I've tracked them to... Machu Picchu."

Machu Picchu

Whoosh. Someone arrived directly behind the Intersect, and they spun around to receive them.

"Oh, you again," the Intersect muttered.

"We've gotten damn lucky, haven't we?" the Unknown commented, pulling the familiar electrode out of his/her pocket. As they attached it to the Intersect's head, they said: "This is three. Three of five. You know what that means, right?"

"We work together? Like you explained last night?"

"Yes, but there's been a complication," the Unknown said. "We can't exchange identities just yet... we have after tonight's events. The Paladins still have a chance to redeem themselves by killing you tonight... you know what happens if you... you know, if you die."

"Why do we have to wait? You have 3/5!" the Intersect said. "That's full control of the neuron points."

"Yes, but a lynch system has been set in place," replied the Unknown. "There are Paladins among us, and we need to kill them. Meteora, Greece. In a couple of hours. After that, we'll meet sometime in the night... unless the Paladins kill you of course."

With that refreshing conclusion, the Unknown took back the electrode and disappeared. The Intersect felt into their jumpscar and sensed Meteora, Greece. They smiled and disappeared.

Meteora, Greece

"Come on, guys!" Taliesin said. "It comes down to this: do you want me in the game or not? Do you trust me... or not?"

"I think we've established that we don't trust you," said some of the Jumpers and Jumper-impostors.

"Sorry taliesin," Mekal said.

Electrical wire was produced, and people began wrapping it around taliesin, shocking him and anchoring him to one spot. He yelped in pain and frustration.

"Why not just throw me off?" he shouted. "If I'm a Jumper, I'll teleport and survive. If I'm a Paladin, I'll fall to my death!"

"Because the Rogue can teleport too," Fool explained. "We don't want them getting away, do we?"

"I'm not the Rogue! I'm-"

Taliesin was flung screaming off the balcony of the monastery, and only their final words rushed up to meet them: "... the Paramedic!!!"

"Oh yeah," said Brandonb thoughtfully. "I recognize their voice now.... I guess I won't be getting saved tonight."

"Someone save Taliesin!" someone shouted. A Jumper launched themselves off the balcony, spying taliesin flailing toward the ground, and jumped downwards in vain, but by the time they appeared where taliesin had been, taliesin had already hit the ground, blood pooled around his head. The Paramedic was gone.

* The Paramedic - saves one person per night from death. No restrictions on who they can save. Also, the Paramedic teleports themselves with the target to a new location, of 8 different continent/regions:

1) North America, Central America & Gulf of Mexico

2) South America

3) Atlantic Ocean

4) Eurasia & the Mediterranean

5) Southeast Asia, Australia, Pacific Ocean, etc

6) Arctic Circle

7) Antarctica

8) Africa, Middle East, India, and the Indian Ocean

Which are linked to 8 different effects: (not in order as the regions)

1) the Paramedic learns the role of the target

2) if target is a Paladin, the Paramedic dies

3) the Paramedic saves themselves in addition to the target

4) the Paramedic fails to save, but boosts the target's Escape Chance to 50% for both tonight and tomorrow. This only occurs if the target is a Jumper. It has no effect on non-Jumpers

5) the Paramedic cannot save the target again after this

6) the Paramedic must save the same person tomorrow night if possible

7) the Paramedic gets two saves, not one, tomorrow night

8) No Extra Effect

Meteora, Greece

Everyone filed out dejectedly. They had lynched a Jumper on their first day; no less, the Paramedic... and the Paladins would kill again tonight. But the Jumpers had the upper hand in the battle over the Intersect... how would the night events play out?

Eventually, only two people were left. One of them leaned against the balcony rail, smiling smugly, the other was preparing to jump away.

"Hey, Reflex," the one by the balcony called.

The Reflex spun around quickly... and saw the Crusader.

"You know what I can do," the Crusader hissed. "You know why I'm here. I know who you are... and you're not getting away this time." They pulled out their knife and unwrapped the brown cloth slowly as they approached the Reflex, who just smiled.

"You should know by now..." the Reflex said. "You can't kill me. You learned your lesson last night, I thought you would stay away. But you're back... I'm not just a normal Jumper. That's why they call me the Reflex. You can't kill me in the normal way... no, I'll only die when I choose to die. When I have a cause to die for. A person to die for. So you can't kill me directly, my friend. But you can try."

"Don't call me your friend," seethed the Crusader, coming closer.

"Don't worry, this won't count as a 'strike'," the Reflex added. "You got my name right and matched it with my role... but you didn't learn your lesson from last night."

"You'll learn your lesson NOW!" the Crusader roared and lunged forward, knife outstretched.

The Reflex jumped away to the other side of the balcony, snickering and watching the Paladin regain their composure.

"I kill without fail when I know what I'm up against," the Crusader hissed. "You can't deny my ability!"

"My ability specifically mentions yours..." the Reflex laughed. "Haven't you learned? I'm indestructible, at least to your direct attacks."

The Crusader growled and whipped around, hurling a shock baton at the Reflex's chest.

Just in time, the Reflex slowed time, and watched the baton spiral toward them. They jumped a few feet to the left, grabbed it and twisted it out of its momentum (a difficult task), changing its course.

Time sped up again, and the baton nailed the Crusader, sending them skidding backwards against the other side of the balcony. The Crusader yelped as the electricity charged through their nerves, then rolled away and stood up.

"How's that knife wound?" the Crusader jeered, and hurled their knife at the Reflex's throat... but the Reflex had already jumped away.

Host: unreality

1) Reaymond

2) Kathleen

3) star_tiger

4) Frost

5) Brandonb

6) Dawh

7) Joe's Student

8) Foolonthehill

9) Puzzlegirl

10) itachi-san

11) Frozen_in_fire

12) crazypainter

13) Mekal

14) dms172

15) Prince_Marth85

16) woon

17) taliesin - DEAD [Paramedic] Lynched

Grrr...Tal why? Why'd you have to do it?

My thoughts are that the paramedic may have had some btsc with another saving role..

lets hope. I cant help but think that Tal and Woon were talking...

Damn! We lost a jumper..sniff..

At least we found out about some role abilities in the DP so that wil make it easier to find out

who is who. But not by much.

No! FAILURE! *headesk* Sorry Taliesin, didn't want to see you go (I know I didn't), we could have used your help...So the Reflex can't be killed directly by the Crusader...Hmm...I wish we knew more about the roles, its way harder to strategize. All I have to say is I hope we (we meaning the Jumpers) survive :D

<(^-^)>

Oh no! We lost a jumper!!!! :( The paramedic too <_< Wish you survived, Talie

Well, at least we got some info about the Reflex and Crusader... :P So glad that the Crusader didn't kill the Reflex :) Wonder who the Reflex is... <_<

Grrr...Tal why? Why'd you have to do it?

My thoughts are that the paramedic may have had some btsc with another saving role..

lets hope. I cant help but think that Tal and Woon were talking...

Damn! We lost a jumper..sniff..

At least we found out about some role abilities in the DP so that wil make it easier to find out

who is who. But not by much.

I not sure what I did ?? and as people keep saying the first vote is random..

I was hoping someone would realize my New Zealand connection, prehaps I should tell people where I live, or prehaps I should have send him to Gwynedd

Why would the paramedic vote for themselves?? A waste, that's all I have to say on the matter: a waste.

And too few clues in that lynch post for my liking...though at least they're going after people they can't kill - let's hope everyone has that ability (but, then again, I fear that's not going to be the case! :unsure: )

edit: New Zealand? That went straight over my head! I think we should just blame Bb - he had just been saved by you! (just in case anyone thinks I'm serious - obviously I know he didn't know who saved him :))

Edited by foolonthehill

ok I will let you all know what the reflex is.

The reflex is an only child, hes waiting in the park

The reflex is in charge of finding treasure in the dark

And watching over lucky clover isnt that bizarre

Every little thing the reflex does leaves you answered with a

Question mark.

Did i just reveal my age?

edit..sorry Unreality I couldnt resist!

I am an 80's baby after all and I love me my Duran duran!

but tal... we rely on you to answer our questions

so we have a better idea who to vote for.

Edited by crazypainter

Why would the paramedic vote for themselves?? A waste, that's all I have to say on the matter: a waste.

As I said earlier, I didn't want to take the chance of voting of the wrong person..

ok I will let you all know what the reflex is.

The reflex is an only child, hes waiting in the park

The reflex is in charge of finding treasure in the dark

And watching over lucky clover isnt that bizarre

Every little thing the reflex does leaves you answered with a

Question mark.

Did i just reveal my age?

Lovely poem, CP, did you write that? :D It's amazing!

The only problem is, I don't see how it connects to the mafia... <_<