Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mafia III

• Please log in to reply
1034 replies to this topic

#21 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:56 PM

I still need role-confirmations from tman, Lucifer, Pw0nzd and SM (SM is my abbreviation for SillouhetteMind lol)

#22 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:04 PM

question: should we admit dnae? I would have to reshuffle the roles enough to prevent a Slick-catastrophe as of Mafia 1

#23 sagekid

sagekid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:06 PM

question: should we admit dnae? I would have to reshuffle the roles enough to prevent a Slick-catastrophe as of Mafia 1

It would make the game lomger so yes lets move some roles

#24 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:10 PM

well 21 people would be perfect... 7 baddies and 14 Innocents

so let's break out the role ideas again ;D

#25 Ben Law

Ben Law

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:13 PM

So howmany players are there now ??? 20 or 21 ??

#26 dawh

dawh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:14 PM

well 21 people would be perfect... 7 baddies and 14 Innocents

so let's break out the role ideas again ;D

I'm not sure about the balance, but some people were interested in a Bodyguard character, so I was thinking he/she could have an ability something like this:

* Can choose to protect someone during the night, but not two nights in a row and if the person is attacked, there is a chance the Bodyguard will foil the murder, a chance that he/she will die protecting the other person and a chance that he/she will kill the attacker instead. (Though, come to think of it, that sounds sort of like an offensive bomb character. :P )

One possible twist that I thought of would be that he/she chooses a person to protect during the day (so he/she would PM the host three choices in preferred order and then the host would announce that the Bodyguard is protecting the top choice that is still alive after the lynching during the day, but in addition to the rules * above, he can't choose to protect the same person twice (like the thief ;) .) This would essentially give one character bomb status for a night and everyone will know, so attack at your own risk.

Again, I'm not sure how that would balance in the game, but some people seem excited about some sort of bodyguard and I thought of this, so I decided to share. B))

#27 Nayana

Nayana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:14 PM

the game hasnt started yet so I guess moving some roles wont be much of a problem.. and dnae is an old player ;)

#28 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:17 PM

dawh: we already had a similar idea, see Bodyguard from before, but your idea has 3 options, not 2, which is better, so we'd go with yours (1/3 save, 1/3 die in place of, 1/3 kill attacker)... however we have enough saving roles, I think. Not sure yet :P

#29 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:19 PM

btw I just need Lucifer and tman

so I'll add dnae to the list and then edit the rules some ;D

#30 dnae

dnae

Advanced Member

• Members