Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Colorful Elephants

Best Answer OmegaScales, 16 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

The remaining 2/3 can be evenly split into 400 blue and 400 pink and green, but it is also possible that there are 23 blue elephants and 777 pink and green. There is no "definite" here.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BMAD

BMAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1662 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

There are 1200 elephants in a herd. Some have pink and green stripes, some are all pink and some are all blue. One third are pure pink. Is it true that 400 elephants are definitely blue?

#2 OmegaScales

OmegaScales

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:55 PM   Best Answer

The remaining 2/3 can be evenly split into 400 blue and 400 pink and green, but it is also possible that there are 23 blue elephants and 777 pink and green. There is no "definite" here.

When the fiery moon rises and the frozen sun sets, then the war between good and evil shall come to an end. Until then I, the guardian of both heaven and hell, the keeper of destruction and bringer of peace, shall dream these lives to death and freedom.

#3 jordge

jordge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:34 PM

your 'observation' is only valid if those were the only colors allowed.  For all we know, there is one blue, one pink and green and 798 grey elephants.

#4 OmegaScales

OmegaScales

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:50 AM

your 'observation' is only valid if those were the only colors allowed.  For all we know, there is one blue, one pink and green and 798 grey elephants.

If there are other observable colors, my observation is still valid; it need merely be adjusted to fit the amount of colors. Unless, of course, there are at least 400 other discernible colors, then it is obviously not true.

If there is only 1 other color, I could observe as such: 400 Blue, 200 Grey, 200 Pink and green.

If there are 399 other colors, I could observe: 400 Blue, 1 Pink and green, 1 each of 399 other discernible colors.

Like I said: There is no "definite" here.

When the fiery moon rises and the frozen sun sets, then the war between good and evil shall come to an end. Until then I, the guardian of both heaven and hell, the keeper of destruction and bringer of peace, shall dream these lives to death and freedom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users