Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 andreay

andreay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:16 PM

agreed grey cells rather unfair. Surely there is more than one hangman in the state lol :P

#12 ash013

ash013

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:20 PM

Spoiler for answer

#13 andreay

andreay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:27 PM

Spoiler for answer

Not correct ash. Not said in the original post but this had been suggested and was declines as an answer. No Stage play or Movie scenes allowed

#14 Lost in space

Lost in space

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4009 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:41 PM

Spoiler for Solution

And you said to exclude permission, legality - retraction required i think

#15 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 07:53 PM

Spoiler for is this not the answer?

#16 TOPHAT

TOPHAT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:59 PM

To Lost in space, What i was getting at with the legality issue is that if it was anyone else other than the hangman and his wife who was sentenced to death wife then it would be as normally know illegal for him to kill her but to say that would've given the game away when you mentioned permission you weren't talking of the wife being guilty or the situation the answer gives. You meant countries where women don't have rights and where a husband can fly into a rage beat her to death in public and not be touched.

#17 TOPHAT

TOPHAT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:07 PM

Grey Cells is one that i like people see him killing his wife but because they don't know that's what he's doing they won't accuse him of murder, now we could pick holes in it and say well "if she died after an accident an autopsy would take place and the forensics would prove that he in affect killed her, but then the doctor could argue that he was flustered forgot standard procedure and accidently give her the wrong blood and then it eventually proves right" however that wouldn't be entering into the spirit of it, i know what grey cell was getting at and the logic behanid it the abstract thought patterning there. i actively encourage it because short of genuine confusion you could pick holes in most riddles

#18 Lost in space

Lost in space

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4009 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:14 PM

To Lost in space, What i was getting at with the legality issue is that if it was anyone else other than the hangman and his wife who was sentenced to death wife then it would be as normally know illegal for him to kill her but to say that would've given the game away when you mentioned permission you weren't talking of the wife being guilty or the situation the answer gives. You meant countries where women don't have rights and where a husband can fly into a rage beat her to death in public and not be touched.

No TOPHAT, I meant in some countries they don't have the death penalty and some do. As well as euthenasia in some and not in others. I covered both as both fit the OP. Untill you said no legal killing was allowed - and then reintroduced it - that's playing a game me thinks - up to you how you want to post - free speech etc.

Note you concluded what you thought I meant, that's ok- except you were wrong!
take a view of this information - was i wrong?

"gave the game away" when I was correct - up to you if you don't want to provide and answer till later, at least PM and say so, that wld be courtious.

Note that the OP is not full of information, which therefore means there will be a number of correct answers.

Only my wife is right even when she's wrong - in fact she's never more right than when she's wrong, but that's another story!

#19 TOPHAT

TOPHAT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:39 PM

I never mentioned anything about legal killing i just said assume a country where it's not legal for a husband to kill his wife. therefoere the objebct becomes in such a country how is it possible for a huband to kill his wife without being accused of murder, that then brings you to the answer. Valid points again however it's not my riddle so i can't change the answer (http://www.riddles-o...ster-killer.htm) your euthenasia point was good and i got that but it a country where you can't legally kill your wife the question arises again how do you do it and the answer as a husband and hangman of a condemned prisoner

#20 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:42 PM

I never mentioned anything about legal killing i just said assume a country where it's not legal for a husband to kill his wife. therefoere the objebct becomes in such a country how is it possible for a huband to kill his wife without being accused of murder, that then brings you to the answer. Valid points again however it's not my riddle so i can't change the answer (http://www.riddles-o...ster-killer.htm) your euthenasia point was good and i got that but it a country where you can't legally kill your wife the question arises again how do you do it and the answer as a husband and hangman of a condemned prisoner

Can you please clarify the parts I emboldened? On another note, is emboldened the proper way to say that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users