Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 k-man

k-man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:08 PM

Spoiler for I got it!!!

#42 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:29 PM

Very nice.

I should have seen that with 0 *|* 2 = 1...

I've been way off my game lately. I should stop knitting...

A recipe for honey-pickled apples

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

Spoiler for Molly's Rules to Live By

#43 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:32 PM

Spoiler for I got it!!!

It is nice, but the result of the operation 1982 *|* 2010 is not the one you claim.
Summer of 2014:
Show the Mafia world you're back in action ... signup for Justice League Unleashed (Again) - Second Arc: Of Magic and Men. Come join the madness!  :thumbsup:

Puzzles open: Strange Creatures I Past puzzles: Mystery Operation Series: I, II, III, IV; Contamination Scenario;
Past games: Crack the Code Series: III, VII, IXPast mafia games: UN Mafia, UN Mafia II, Star Trek Mafia, TMM IV

Almost random quotes:
>> Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

#44 dawh

dawh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:02 PM

Good job k-man! :thumbsup: I was on my way there, but it would've taken me a lot longer to make the connection... :rolleyes:

However, I think you dropped a couple digits you shouldn't have:

Spoiler for 1982 *|* 2010 =

I think I got that right... :unsure:

#45 k-man

k-man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:13 PM

Was in the rush to post it before somebody else does and messed up :)

Spoiler for corrected answer

#46 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:53 PM

Was in the rush to post it before somebody else does and messed up :)

Spoiler for corrected answer

This is correct now.

Congratulations :thumbsup:
Summer of 2014:
Show the Mafia world you're back in action ... signup for Justice League Unleashed (Again) - Second Arc: Of Magic and Men. Come join the madness!  :thumbsup:

Puzzles open: Strange Creatures I Past puzzles: Mystery Operation Series: I, II, III, IV; Contamination Scenario;
Past games: Crack the Code Series: III, VII, IXPast mafia games: UN Mafia, UN Mafia II, Star Trek Mafia, TMM IV

Almost random quotes:
>> Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

#47 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:55 PM

Marking it as solved.
Summer of 2014:

Almost random quotes:

#48 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:56 PM

Seems I forgot how to mark something as solved :(
Summer of 2014:

Almost random quotes:

#49 plainglazed

plainglazed

Abuse of PoWers

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4756 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:21 PM

nice solve k-man and a frustratingly fun puzzle araver.

Spoiler for the closest I got

EDIT: put in spoiler format for the fun of it

Edited by plainglazed, 03 December 2010 - 05:23 PM.

#50 bushindo

bushindo

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:36 AM

Spoiler for I got it!!!

Good job, k-man. I'm very impressed that you solved this problem. Would you mind sharing your thought process when approaching this problem? What sort of test did you run on the examples? How did you narrow down the possible solutions, and what was the insight that allowed you to crack the code? Again, great job!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users