BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I'm surprised I still have time to make riddles... here's a PoW. Should be better than my last couple. Not great, by any means, but hopefully it won't be solved fast.

Oh, and I got the idea looking at the first line of PG's Hot Potato, which starts "Surprisingly M.J."

Surprisingly M.J. Lol! Ikenna

Scathe basket! What? Vienna.

Kind tactic of

Coppola dynamics.

EDIT: I'm looking for something specific, though there are other answers I'll accept. I'll give the letter count if requested.

Edited by DarthNoob

Nope. Glad you were able to figure out some sort of Coppola tie, but... this one is pure PoW

One of these days I'll figure out how to make a PoW that is also a WAI, and isn't too easy...

Btw, did you see my last guess in your riddle?

Often I'm not quite sure whether a riddle I'm looking at is a PoW or not, so often I'll do a quick (well, relatively quick) check of various PoW techniques. Such a check should work, if you just enough. Or maybe you could just get it by looking at Coppola.

Apocalypse Now was another good one. Maybe a little bit slow paced, but astounding atmosphere.

Nope. Btw, if you find something neat, like an answer by taking every third letter, and I say "no" to it, tell me to look at every third letter! It'd be amazing if there was accidentally another working PoW ^^

Nope. Btw, if you find something neat, like an answer by taking every third letter, and I say "no" to it, tell me to look at every third letter! It'd be amazing if there was accidentally another working PoW ^^

That last answer came from the third line: "kind tactic" -> scare (tactic) "of" so adjective form -> scary

fourth line: Coppola dynamics -> kinda double meaning, dynamic = moving/Coppola dynamics = movies

first two lines looked like they might reveal the Wayan bros. - lots of the letters there.

still thinking this one over. something's gotta give...

Now THAT is exactly the type of PoW I need to write some day. I have difficulty making a PoW whose words are actually related to the answer. But no, this is more of a pattern oriented PoW, and the words are completely random. There's one trick, and that's it (well, there is a second step).

Notice, I said "Or maybe you could just get it by looking at Coppola."

I did not say "Or maybe you could just get it by thinking about Coppola."

For all I know you might have noticed part of it, then decided to ignore it.

Just realized there was a mistake, my apologies:

Kind tactic of a

Coppola dynamic.

Here's a riddle whose answer is a hint:

Sometimes ominous, when I come in three

Tangible I am never,

However

I am something you can easily see

And I'm the first to split into different

Parts

As simple as one, two, and three

(sorry for the bad rhyming... and btw, splitting "different" from "parts" was just to keep form and rhythm)

Just realized there was a mistake, my apologies:

Kind tactic of a

Coppola dynamic.

Here's a riddle whose answer is a hint:

Sometimes ominous, when I come in three

Tangible I am never,

However

I am something you can easily see

And I'm the first to split into different

Parts

As simple as one, two, and three

(sorry for the bad rhyming... and btw, splitting "different" from "parts" was just to keep form and rhythm)

The first ominous thing in 3's I can think of is the 3 Fates...but that must not be it. So I will keep thinking. Just wanted to post an idea

:)

Something else that comes in 3 could be accidents or death....but never tangible. I don't know about that.

Edited by MrsP

The answer is an attribute that used to be considered a good thing a long, long time ago, but now is considered to be a bad thing, and it carries negative connotations.

The answer is a noun that everyone has.

Three letters

However, none of these hints actually help with the PoW part.

Is the number 6. How that helps, I can't say

Edited by DarthNoob

is it a arm or a leg???

hey DN...

Nope.

If you guys figure out the answer via the hints (which is very doable), I don't think that'll even help with the PoW... but hey, maybe the guessing via hints will be fun!

Your guess doesn't fit hint 1, btw

For those who are interested in the PoW... look at Coppola dynamics, don't think about it! !No es complicado!

DD....it is just "pop"

Hints-

1.bad- use to cocaine in it

2.noun- a dad

3. 3 letters- "pop"

So please if this is correct. I "tip my hat"

to DD, where all the credit goes...and if it

isn'tduh.gif

Going from...

Edited by Juskiknback

but the only thing that comes to mind for "Coppolo Dynamics" is to anagram Coppola. I can get "pop cola" from that but since it's the last clue, I'm not sure how or if that would help with the previous clues.

Nope, you're thinking about it! Anagrams require thinking! Don't think! Just look!

Btw, you're misspelling of Coppola to Coppolo is significantly incorrect

(sounds very Zen, I know, lol)

three letters and coppola makes me think mob, but that would be too simple right?

unsure.gif

Nah

DD....it is just "pop"

Hints-

1.bad- use to cocaine in it

2.noun- a dad

3. 3 letters- "pop"

So please if this is correct. I "tip my hat"

to DD, where all the credit goes...and if it

isn'tduh.gif

Going from...

It isn't