BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Today's song and dance is to strive to put together,

A personal favorite pass-time contributor.

Part one of this overseas export is not good.

It's a classic type you will think, or should,

Of an adverb of a low quality state,

In such a manner will not remonstrate.

In the midst of this title is a pass-time, too.

Done so often that it may no longer ring true,

That an artist would call it fun to do,

Yet it (with with) money pays much of their bills due.

To end it all is the part half the world knows,

There's one inside every man, but to man it grows,

We are discussing just one, but millions are all around.

With all these descriptions an island favorite is found.

Hmm... I'm wondering if this is very clear, but good luck!

Edited by SvenJOLLY

10 answers to this question

??? Hello?

Sorry, Sven. Haven't been ignoring this one, just don't think I even have enough for a bad first guess. Was really hoping someone else would go first to get the ball rolling :)

We're looking for a 3 word answer, with each word being clued by the 3 stanzas. If I had to guess anything, I'd try to start with "shoddy" for the first word? Fairly certain it's wrong, but maybe it'll get people posting.

Sorry, Sven. Haven't been ignoring this one, just don't think I even have enough for a bad first guess. Was really hoping someone else would go first to get the ball rolling :)

We're looking for a 3 word answer, with each word being clued by the 3 stanzas. If I had to guess anything, I'd try to start with "shoddy" for the first word? Fairly certain it's wrong, but maybe it'll get people posting.

Thanks for taking a stab at it. You're guess is incorrect, but at least has started moving us in the right direction. Oh, and as for your idea for how to approach the riddle, you're correct. :)

fishing, painting, a chef, or just a job

Unfortunately none of these guesses is correct, but one of them is closer than the other three.

Wow! Good work. Did the title give it away? :)

Great riddle Sven! Been studying this one for two days with nothing gelling before tonight. First got the second word but wrong tense. Then the third and as soon as I corrected the tense of the second word, the title did give away the first word. Great fun as always.

:offtopic: Guess you noticed the stinky pinky stink. Dont really get the reasoning behind that decision. Never got the chance to say, "struggling/smuggling, Nice one!" FWIW I had intended lessoning as you thought and had naught/taught.

Gotcha. So are you a fan of his? I quite like his stuff. Some of it's too wacky for me, but he is a very talented artist. Thanks for working on this one! I'm going to start a new one.

Also, yes I was upset about stinky pinky, but oh well. I guess thems the rules.