BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

religious debate

I know!! Been a while eh?! (About a month gap.)

Join the party if you like, it's been just the two of us so far, which is kind of cool - one on one discussion and all that. But the more the merrier. :D

I know it's been a long time when people start inviting me to a topic I started :D

well... wanna fill me in on what you two are talking about.. I sorta skimmed, but it's pretty late

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's been a long time when people start inviting me to a topic I started :D

well... wanna fill me in on what you two are talking about.. I sorta skimmed, but it's pretty late

Okay the truth is that everyone had enough bickering and need to get some peace in their lives.

Well no problemo! We have created the topic of the century, which you had signed up for so read up the newest posts my fellow member and enjoy. :D

Basically it stared again at the beiginning of 70 (last page) so not that much to read.

tawanna asked a bunch of questions and made a bunch of comments, I replied in my usual manner ;)

A lot of stuff really, all over the place

- Evolution (from common ancestor of all life)

- some stuff about what if God came and kicked me in the nuts, would I believe then? (I answered yes of course; I would believe that God is a real wanker.) A lot on how much evidence I would require (like we have ANY)

- More on her wanting proof on God's non-existence, and me explaining once again that the burden of proof is not mine; my position is simply not accepting the claim that God is real.

- A bit on Sciencism, people feeling the need for crutches (religion, new age crap, whatever)

- How atheists and theists alike can be nice mild mannered geniuses or mean spirited ranting morons.

- Some rubbish about Y2K and science or pseudo science

General meandering stuff, hasn't really settled anywhere yet. But hey, it's only a page or so, go and read it.

allright, yeah, I only went back far enough to read the Y2K stuff, and I have no idea what that is, so I got all confused

I didn't know to get any further.

Allright, I'll read it tomorrow... I'm so tired right now, but my dad's playing videogames in my room, can't sleep...

General meandering stuff, hasn't really settled anywhere yet. But hey, it's only a page or so,

haha... Genderal meandering stuff should be the subtitle for this thread... except it's not a page or so, it's 71 pages or so ;)

• 5 years later...

So to bring this back a bit perhaps, there's a cool episode of the ted radio your podcast called believers and doubters. I think its worth listening to, and its free to download as a podcast on iTunes.

Also, even as an atheist, I go to catholic school now. And while religion is definitely a part of the school, I found it to be the most accepting school that I've ever been in, with around 50% of the school being non-catholic.