BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I every culture I have found

That two negations breed positive ground

I can't not tell you that all of the world

A hundred times I traveled and once bought and sold.

Adding to this, I positively say

That two rights a wrong, never can play

Or so I thought until one little boy

Didn't believe I had a magic toy.

I will admit that you mind is strong

If you can tell me just how he proved me wrong.

NOTE: I think this is quite easy but it was so fun to write. I hope you like it.

20 answers to this question

second line in the second stanza just popped out at me as interesting

NOTE: I think this is quite easy but it was so fun to write. I hope you like it.

I just don't know, but you have two negatives AND two positives in this line. And as such, I can't even figure out how it's all supposed to play out. What, in the end, does the line mean?

Ok I'm stumped. Good riddle. Nice and easy my patoot! (or maybe my brain is just toast for the night.) I'm signing off for the night. Try some more in a couple hours. Gnight everyone, and good luck!

Good night deannaart, I also can't believe I'm still up... look up the answer to this in the morning, I think you'll like it x

Adding to this, I positively say A WRONG CAN'T PLAY TWO RIGHTS?

That two rights a wrong, never can play TWO, MAKES A WRONG RIGHT, CAN'T PLAY

I'M STUCK HERE ON THE WORDING.

I'M STUCK HERE ON THE WORDING.

hm not sure where you're getting stuck...

says two negatives make a positive and demonstrates that along with something else - thats a clue for you - in the first paragraph

in the second it just says that two positives however cannot make a negative and then describes a situation for you.

then i ask how is it that in view of all above, two positives (that i dont have anywhere in my answer - another clue) can make a negative.

With all of these references to multiplication, and a YOUNG person disproving the assertion that two rights will never make a wrong, makes me think of imagination (the young part) referring to imaginary numbers (that can be multiplied to produce a negative in the second stanza).

But that doesn't explain the world traveling or buying & selling, and it seems like a big stretch to say that the "magic toy" is also referring to imagination. So much of a stretch that I didn't even try to put it in a rhyme :wacko:

With all of these references to multiplication, and a YOUNG person disproving the assertion that two rights will never make a wrong, makes me think of imagination (the young part) referring to imaginary numbers (that can be multiplied to produce a negative in the second stanza).

But that doesn't explain the world traveling or buying & selling, and it seems like a big stretch to say that the "magic toy" is also referring to imagination. So much of a stretch that I didn't even try to put it in a rhyme :wacko:

you are overthinking this

math, all situations in the riddle should be taken at face value, imagine me telling you this, quoting the riddle, in all seriousness and then think what the boy might have done to prove me wrong. why its a little boy is important but not in a way you're thinking, but just that its supposed to help you get to the answer quicker. you could have the answer already at the first verse but not know it

Edited by dancer

hm not sure where you're getting stuck...

says two negatives make a positive and demonstrates that along with something else - thats a clue for you - in the first paragraph

in the second it just says that two positives however cannot make a negative and then describes a situation for you.

then i ask how is it that in view of all above, two positives (that i dont have anywhere in my answer - another clue) can make a negative.

was it a magnet?

My face was red

And quite contrite

When he said

"Yeah, right!"

Dear Plasmid as ever so bright

I needed a boy as it's not so polite

To look at a person in all of their might

And simply respond with a little "...., ....!"

God job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you liked it, I think it's sooooo cute.

My face was red

And quite contrite

When he said

"Yeah, right!"

Ahhh! Good one. I'll admit. I'd quite given up. I had no clue. I never would have thought of that one, unless, three days ago, I happened to say it myself, and a lightbulb HAPPENED to click then.

Ahhh! Good one. I'll admit. I'd quite given up. I had no clue. I never would have thought of that one, unless, three days ago, I happened to say it myself, and a lightbulb HAPPENED to click then.

if you told your kid that i traveled the world one hundred times and bought and sold it once, plus that i had a magic toy, he would have given you the answer lol

if you told your kid that i traveled the world one hundred times and bought and sold it once, plus that i had a magic toy, he would have given you the answer lol

Ha, and I still wouldn't have gotten it (no lightbulb in my head)