BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

is it...

[spoiler='this?

']um...aauuuggg...a mother?

wow, I wonder how you got that. basic need I guess. and symbol.

so as far as those two clues go, you are on the right path. think more basic needs.

so like hunger or thirst or is it something tangible?

yes. that's exactly right. can you make those two even more tangible? so to speak. if you do, you've got the answer.

I am the symbol and the need

I came to you without skin

And you gave me skin

Then broke me apart

And made me disappear

Something having to do with breast milk. Nursing. But I'm not understanding the whole skin and disappearing.. hunger disappears, i guess, but skin? erm...

Something having to do with breast milk. Nursing. But I'm not understanding the whole skin and disappearing.. hunger disappears, i guess, but skin? erm...

it's not that but you are thinking in a really really good way, second part of what you write is a step away from the answer. try to work out the skin (great if you do) if not, you are close to guessing.

And you gave me skin

Then broke me apart

And made me disappear

Okay. So, symbol and need: I assume something along the lines of hunger can be basically what we're speaking of, more or less.

Without skin: naked? Or perhaps more literal, "in which" case, I'm a little stuck.

you gave me skin: clothed you? If naked is the correct line of thinking, or course.

Then broke me apart: sustenance...hmm...broke bread and ate me?

Am I the bread of life? Bread and milk.? No.....because, skin....

Still thinking. I'll be back.

Edited by lotus

Okay. So, symbol and need: I assume something along the lines of hunger can be basically what we're speaking of, more or less.

Without skin: naked? Or perhaps more literal, "in which" case, I'm a little stuck.

you gave me skin: clothed you? If naked is the correct line of thinking, or course.

Then broke me apart: sustenance...hmm...broke bread and ate me?

Am I the bread of life? Bread and milk.? No.....because, skin....

Still thinking. I'll be back.

that you go it.

look.

let's say only skin was the riddle and the riddle said:

i entered without skin. i came out with skin.

you wrote the answer you just don't know why it fits so well.

And you gave me skin

Then broke me apart

And made me disappear

I am a mother, so I feel like really I need to answer this one.

bare, a baby's natural instincts? bare necessities. Survival. My baby nurses...milk. Then sleeps. You come to me without skin...I give you skin. I break you apart and make you disappear, in a manner of speaking. You are the symbol and the need. Am I the mother? Or am I the child? Or is it not so much madona and child, so much? Ugh. Still thinking. But letting you know my line of thought.

I am a mother, so I feel like really I need to answer this one.

bare, a baby's natural instincts? bare necessities. Survival. My baby nurses...milk. Then sleeps. You come to me without skin...I give you skin. I break you apart and make you disappear, in a manner of speaking. You are the symbol and the need. Am I the mother? Or am I the child? Or is it not so much madona and child, so much? Ugh. Still thinking. But letting you know my line of thought.

read my last post to you - no need to take a new path. you had the answer. you just don't see why it fits.

apple pie?

Ooh, shakee!! I wrote a riddle, inspired by you. It actually went rather well, I thought. It's entitled, "In honor of.."

The honoree being you, of course. Anyway. I'm still not so sure how I've gotten this already, I still don't understand so much.

birth, in general. Being a baby, in general. Being a mother.

Edited by lotus

I was just gonna say dough, and almost said money. I didn't realize which of my train of thoughts you meant. You meant this one:Am I the bread of life? Bread and milk.

you are bread. first you were dough, then we baked you, then we broke bread, and then we ate you.

and really you had this like 10 lines ago. skin/crust was throwing you off.