BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Yoruichi-san

Question

post-7969-1238121898.jpg

Number clues and word clues are separated in case you want to challenge yourself by looking at only one ;P.

Across:

1) 282

3) 267

5) 115

7) 109

9) 113

11) 113

13) 202

14) 288

15) 157

17) 245

19) 211

21) 170

22) 186

23) 215

Down:

2) 174

4) 137

5) 141

6) 166

8) 130

9) 245

10) 111

12) 265

14) 253

16) 152

18) 197

20) 313

24) 63

Across:

1) Put down

3) Pollution

5) Helios

7) Twinkies

9) Space

11) _____ Patch

13) Fake

14) Repetition

15) Aizen's former position

17) Without competition, two words

19) Adhesive

21) Start

22) Coney _____

23) Changing direction of waves

Down:

2) Splits light

4) Graze

5) Energy level

6) Uncivilized

8) Smellers

9) After shampoo

10) Panic

12) Place for playing music

14) The future is

16) Reference frame used in relativity

18) Aggregate

20) Comes in occasional bursts

24) Carrot alternative

Yoruichi-san,

Here's a template for making an enigmatic crossword. It ensures

a) no addition errors in the numeric clues

b) traditional crossword numbering is automatically created

c) no loose two-space non-words go unnoticed.

If you have any questions, please ask

Sample file, with crossword entered, before running the macro that completes the job:

Sigh, I can't upload a template. Oh well, upload this sample file, clear off the crossword after you've played with it, save it as a template (or as a macro-enabled template, if offered)

Yoruichi-san,

Here's a template for making an enigmatic crossword. It ensures

a) no addition errors in the numeric clues

b) traditional crossword numbering is automatically created

c) no loose two-space non-words go unnoticed.

If you have any questions, please ask

Sample file, with crossword entered, before running the macro that completes the job:

Sigh, I can't upload a template. Oh well, upload this sample file, clear off the crossword after you've played with it, save it as a template (or as a macro-enabled template, if offered)

You...are...awesome! :D

...But it won't let me open it...I don't have the 'helper' or w/e...Oh, can you e-mail templates? If you could email me at cc@mafiosphere.com, it would be fantastic ;)

You...are...awesome! :D

...But it won't let me open it...I don't have the 'helper' or w/e...Oh, can you e-mail templates? If you could email me at cc@mafiosphere.com, it would be fantastic ;)

You are too kind! I'm perplexed about not being able to open it. Questions for you:

1) you say "it" won't let you open it. Can you tell who the "it" is? Is it Windows, Excel, your firewall?

2) Please tell me, what version of Windows (Vista, XP, or something older) and what version of Excel (2003, 2007, or something older)? I uploaded this from one machine, and have downloaded it onto another, with a different version of Windows and Excel, and didn't have any problem.

I'm wondering if your anti-virus software is blocking or even stripping it. (BrandonB has a problem with a different program, looks like the macro was stripped out before he got it...mysterious). As for using actual email, I may get to that point.

You are too kind! I'm perplexed about not being able to open it. Questions for you:

1) you say "it" won't let you open it. Can you tell who the "it" is? Is it Windows, Excel, your firewall?

2) Please tell me, what version of Windows (Vista, XP, or something older) and what version of Excel (2003, 2007, or something older)? I uploaded this from one machine, and have downloaded it onto another, with a different version of Windows and Excel, and didn't have any problem.

I'm wondering if your anti-virus software is blocking or even stripping it. (BrandonB has a problem with a different program, looks like the macro was stripped out before he got it...mysterious). As for using actual email, I may get to that point.

Lol...now I'm dying of curiosity about the mysterious connection b/w you and Bb...:cat:

1) Excel.

2) XP...(although when I typed that my mind read it as an emoticon...XP)

Mysteries abound!

The Excel file in my sig is supposed to be a Excel 2003 file, which my copy of Excel 2007 has no problem reading, so I'm surprised your Excel needs a "helper". My unbounded ignorance accounts for my not knowing that term, sigh.

Re: Bb--my sig also contains an Excel spreadsheet for hosting a Masterword. Some folks have downloaded and used it with no problem. But BrandonB is unable to get it. I haven't yet got the whole story, but it appears that something stripped out the macro entirely. (That's why I asked about firewall).

Let's continue the discussion via PM.

Ok so I may sound like a complete idiot after posting this but could someone please explain the usage of numbers in the crossword. The words I get but I don't get the numeric hints or how they are supposed to help you achieve any answer. Thanks! :D

Ok so I may sound like a complete idiot after posting this but could someone please explain the usage of numbers in the crossword. The words I get but I don't get the numeric hints or how they are supposed to help you achieve any answer. Thanks! :D
Dear Booknerd, my heart is with you (you may actually find my similar question earlier in the thread). I hope this is a useful answer--every square of the crossword is to be filled with the symbol of an element (H = hydrogen, Cs = cesium, etc.). The letters spell out words, whose clues are given in the word clues. however, if you use the Atomic Number for each of these elements instead of the letters, you can add up the Atomic Numbers to get the numeric values in the number clues. Does that help, or were you already there?