BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

23 answers to this question

Guys, he is only 12 and I think he thought it was funny. We should kindly let him know that it is not funny and that it is offensive to other people and encourage him to think twice about the stuff he is hearing and saying.

:huh: didn't see his age, and I kno several deaf people who would be VERY offended

I understand. I also know that at his age I probably would have thought it was funny, as well. I have been lucky enough to be around people who have shown me differently, though, and now realize how hurtful it can be.

I do not think that you are conciously mean, J23, but you do have a few things that you need to learn about consideration and kindness. Think about it a little bit.

Edited by IDoNotExist

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Translation: Be nice to people, so they will be nice to you :D

*hugs* sorry I yelled, it makes me really mad when people make fun of other people.

thanks everyone for your support, its never easy for a person like me try to through the world that is popular of "normal" so to speaking. again, thanks ;)

*hugs* I am actually quite impressed by how deaf people I know have adapted to living in a 'hearing' world. if I became deaf tomorrow I'm not sure how I would do. :unsure:

thanks everyone for your support, its never easy for a person like me try to through the world that is popular of "normal" so to speaking. again, thanks ;)

dude props to you i do not know what i would do with out hearing most of the stuff i do u need it hear so you do not get your self killed pluss i dont thin my rents like me playing an out of tune guitar

I'm sorry...I don't get it... :huh:

that makes two of us. <_<

If they are deaf how do they know to respond to one another? :huh: I guess sign language, :mellow: but that would be impractical one of them would have to take his hands off the pole wouldn't he? <_< I over think things a lot though. :rolleyes: I don't approve of the joke I'm just trying to understand it. -_-

that makes two of us. <_<

If they are deaf how do they know to respond to one another? :huh: I guess sign language, :mellow: but that would be impractical one of them would have to take his hands off the pole wouldn't he? <_< I over think things a lot though. :rolleyes: I don't approve of the joke I'm just trying to understand it. -_-

I so agree - I over think things too! :D

Shame on you. It is wrong to make fun of disabilities of any type. I have perfect hearing and deaf friends. Put yourself in their shoes and how would you feel. You are of age to know better. I am slowly going blind and would not wish it on anyone.

This was not a joke, maybe an offensive slur.

Also deaf are able to sign with only one hand and usually have 20/20 vision.

Please learn to respect people who are different from you, for your own good. <_<

Shame on you. It is wrong to make fun of disabilities of any type. I have perfect hearing and deaf friends. Put yourself in their shoes and how would you feel. You are of age to know better. I am slowly going blind and would not wish it on anyone.

This was not a joke, maybe an offensive slur.

Also deaf are able to sign with only one hand and usually have 20/20 vision.

Please learn to respect people who are different from you, for your own good. <_<

I could not have said it better. I'm sorry about you going blind, my mother is in a similar situation: she has very bad sight - cataracts an Retina Pigmentosis. Oh, so sad...it really takes a toll on the family. -_-

First of all.... didn't get the joke. Second of all I think we are being a little too hard on the poor kid. He can't take back what he posted. He is probobly cringing with embarssement and we are making him feel worse. It was a mistake on his part and it's over. I understand it was offensive to some, but seriously, we need to let it drop now... I am sorry if my post offends some people, but for God's sake, he is only a kid. We probobly scared him of brainden.

a deaf person sees a man fishing at the riverside

Deaf1: Are you fishing?

Deaf2: No, i am fishing.

Deaf1: Oh, I thought you are fishing.

LOL :lol::D

Suggested rewrite...

In a retirement community, an elderly gentleman was out for his morning walk when he noticed a neighbor gathering up his rod and tacklebox.

"Goin' fishin'?" the man raised his voice and asked his neighbor.

"Nope! I'm goin' fishin'!" the neighbor called back.

Looking confused, the man said, "Oh, tell them I said hello..." then waved and continued his stroll.

Suggested rewrite...

In a retirement community, an elderly gentleman was out for his morning walk when he noticed a neighbor gathering up his rod and tacklebox.

"Goin' fishin'?" the man raised his voice and asked his neighbor.

"Nope! I'm goin' fishin'!" the neighbor called back.

Looking confused, the man said, "Oh, tell them I said hello..." then waved and continued his stroll.

Now I get it! I Love it Grayven, Makes sense and is REALLY funny... lol