BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Masterword

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, my spreadsheet that helps me solve these came rapidly to the conclusion that there are contradictions in the numbers (never mind the positions). I've just emailed Chidoric asking if I may run the target word on my machine and send back the answers--you folks have already put in so much brain power, you deserve the chance to do it with the right numbers.

Yes, my spreadsheet that helps me solve these came rapidly to the conclusion that there are contradictions in the numbers (never mind the positions). I've just emailed Chidoric asking if I may run the target word on my machine and send back the answers--you folks have already put in so much brain power, you deserve the chance to do it with the right numbers.

Awesome, CaptainEd!

Chickadee.dee.dee :P

You have a spreadsheet for solving as well? Wouldn't that be handy... ;)

You have a spreadsheet for solving as well? Wouldn't that be handy... ;)
It..."helps"...but I'd hate to send it out and continually apologize for its difficulty of use (and misleading results), otherwise, I'd gladly do so.

I'm trying hard to find if there's just one or two of the answers that are wrong. This is a rather exhaustive task, and I haven't found the right mix yet...

There's no point in continuing to guess words. I think once the corrections are made there should be enough information to solve it. And you guys should wait and guess words after the corrections are made in order to avoid wild guesses.

Sorry, I'm on spring break, when I'm not sleeping, I'm eating, when not I'm either this or Tv, or sports, since now CaptainEd knows the word I'll be lazy let him do the fixes and new guesses, then I'll take over again.

Dear Masterworders,

Chidoric's machine has been recently wiped, and is suffering from reinstallation blues. Therefore, manual answering of Masterword has ensued, with the consequence that a couple of errors are made. Here is the latest query list, with changes to "pretty" (was o) and "squire" (was ooo).

edit: Chidoric has a good point: now that I've fixed the errors and answered recent queries, it's back to Chidoric for the few remaining manual queries ^_^

plants--oo	  orange--oo	  adrift--xo	  

sundae--xoo	 zipper--o	   twitch--o	   

spread--o	   banana--o	   qualms--xo	  

duster--xx	  choosy--oo	  uneasy--ooo	 

coccyx--o	   winter--oo	  either--o	   

saying--xoo	 squire--xoo	 

cheese--o	   pretty--__	  

buying--xxo	 hopeful--ooo	  

butter--x	   tunnel--xo	  

turtle--x	   absent--xo

Edited by CaptainEd

Thank you very much CaptainEd.

If you do not mind, I would prefer that you keep track of the results instead of Chidoric.

We do not want to be sent off track again.

Would you mind?

Thank you very much CaptainEd.

If you do not mind, I would prefer that you keep track of the results instead of Chidoric.

We do not want to be sent off track again.

Would you mind?

Dear Chickadee, I can certainly relate--I need to have accurate counts, or it gets to be too difficult for me. Still, chidoric got 15 answers right before making a natural mistake (squire) and a probable typo (pretty), AND I can lurk for the next hour.

How bout you folks continue to toss in queries, and Chidoric will answer (with highly focused mind)? If I see a problem before I have to leave, I'll weigh in.

Dear Chickadee, I can certainly relate--I need to have accurate counts, or it gets to be too difficult for me. Still, chidoric got 15 answers right before making a natural mistake (squire) and a probable typo (pretty), AND I can lurk for the next hour.

How bout you folks continue to toss in queries, and Chidoric will answer (with highly focused mind)? If I see a problem before I have to leave, I'll weigh in.

Oh! OoooooooKay!!!!!! :rolleyes::wub::)