BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Prologue

It was a very cool evening. The setting sun doesn’t give enough warmth to the places, not even said it was raining too.

Person who rushed to the small town – Awesomville, had no choice but postpone their journey by logging at a small inn near the River of Awesomville.

The business of the inn became extra ordinary good. The little bar was packed with warriors, travelers and tradesmen. By looking at how heavy the rain was, they decided to stay overnight at this inn.

They were chatting while enjoying the beer. The atmosphere in the bar getting noisier and noisier. Nobody realized there was a man quietly sitting at one of the deepest corner. No one saw his face clearly. His big hat, with his head-bowed, portion; looked like he was asleep.

The owner of the inn, who was also the owner of the bar, handed over a big mug of beer to the lonely stranger.

“What a great night, isn’t it?” said the inn-owner.

“I think we have who we are looking for among them. But we will see then. There is still a long way to prove.” The stranger replied, but kept his head bowed.

“Yes, a long way to go.” The owner smiled, looked at the crowd and then moved back to his bar desk.

Soon, the crowd went back to the room they rented, one after one, leaving the owner of the inn, and the mysterious stranger.

The rain got more heavily, but the bar was empty. Finally the stranger stood up, walked to the bar desk and spoke to owner:

“This is the time. Woon, let’s begin!”

Introduction

The sun rays broke the morning as usual. What a beautiful morning, but the people who are going to leave the inn were not enjoying the scenery. They were shocked as the inn was not in the place it should be like yesterday! The inn was in a city instead of near the Awesomville River!

The front gate of the inn started to be crowded by many people. The noise was getting louder and louder until a louder voice sounded:

Every one of you, please move yourself and gathered at the bar!

For some people who still in their rooms, start to walk down to the bar and join the crowd.

In front of them now standing a middle age man who were in a grey robe, holding a staff. After examined all of the people are at the lounge, the man spoke:

“Welcome to the City of Iohoda, the city which is next to the Ivory Castle.

“City of Iohoda? The city that has disappeared for a long time?” the audience got shocked.

Being the guardian of Ivory Castle, we, the citizen in City of Iohoda, always carry out the function of looking someone who is helpful to Ivory Castle. I will make it short, we are looking for a warrior! A great warrior which will be loved by citizen of Ivory Castle, respected by the royal family of Ivory Castle, trusted by the King of Ivory Castle. We believe one of you, deserve all these!

“Ahem,” the man cleared his throat, and continued, “After this, you may dismiss yourself and ask Woon, the owner of this inn, about what can you do in this city. The more you understand the more benefits you gain. All right guys, dismiss!”

A smog screen started saturating around the air, the man then become invisible. He was gone! The audiences were shocked but then they soon accepted that they have entered a place that full with mysteries.

So the audience quickly moved themselves to the bar desk and seek advice from the owner of the inn, woon.

When it was almost at the sun set time, they were all clear with the rules:

“Remember, when we said it is 50% of your HP, it is count from the maximum quota. Which means if your are at level 3, you maximum quota is 60, so you will gain 30 HP or which ever HP lower than 30 but make you back to 60, only if you survive” woon looked at the audience seriously.

“Clear? Then take your weapon and standby,”

The situation at the bar started to become uncontrolled. Warrior start to killing each other! Only 10 warriors remained calm and kept themselves at one corner. They were lucky to do so, because those who involved in that fighting were then killed by each others.

“Rule number 1, only attack when it is night time. I only said standby, not start!” woon shook his head to look at those stupid warriors; he then turned to the 10 survivals:

"Only 10 of the smart ones remained. Let see who are they?"

Iohoda Inn's owner: woon

Player:

1. GC

2. Dms172

3. Raeymond

4. Impervious

5. Izzy

6. Kat

7. ST

8. renan

9. IDNE

10. Riranor

Warrior name:

1. K-T

2. Dominatrix

3. Drakone

4. Legolas

5. Puck

6. Myrddin

7. Anna Mannequin

8. Seraphim

9. Sombral

10. Zuchious

Woon looked at the sky through the window, took a deep breath and then announced. “It is the night 1. Game start!

Players, it is the night 1, you can only have 2 choice:

a. Do training, pay 2 coins and stated how many HP you going to use to do training. Remember, training experience = HP * 0.5.

If you want to choose this option. PM me and state: Training – use HP = # (number)

b. Attack players, decide how many percentage of level 1 attack strength you are going to use (10 – 100%) I will deduct the HP accordingly by referring to the table.

If you want to choose this option, PM me and state: Attack <player’s name>* with level 1 Percentage = #%

* remember it is player’s name not warrior’s name.

Night 1 will be close 36 hours from now. If I have all the PM collected earlier than that, I could do the story faster. :)

Good luck! Warriors!

Wow, nice names! I must say, Puck is the one that stood out for me :P Everyone else's name is uber long and complex :D

Ok, going back to re-re-re-re-read the rules...again ;) I'm so excited, now that it started!

Hahaha! I forgot the most important thing!

All of your status codes are:

L1-H15-C10-E0, P1-Q10-PE0.

Can read? It means everyone of you start with

Level 1

HP = 15

10 coins

Exp = 0

Physical Level = 1

Stregnth Max Quota =10

Physical Attack Exp = 0

Ok. Now you can do the proper planning. Wow! I am also so excited until I forgot to code you this. :P

Edited by woon

Yay! We were all smart enough not to kill each other first round XD *Refers to intro scene* That's suprising for me *Likes to jump into things* Either someone is trying to frame Reaymond...or he's being REALLY sneaky o.O

<(^-^)>

Clarification on the HP recovery part:

All of you now are in level 1, you have 15 HP. so let say if you use 10 HP, you only left 5. If you survived tonight, your HP will recover by 8 HP (15*0.5 = 7.5 round it to 8). Which mean you new HP = 13.

But if you only used 5 HP, and left 10 tonight and if you survived. Your recovery will be only 5 because the maximum quota of level 1 warrior HP is 15 only. So your new HP still 15

The recovery is automatically added in when the night is end, without seeing any NPC. :)

As this is the role-playing game. Lets try how this game can develop and remember,

as the owner of the inn, I will be right there to serve you at the bar desk! :D So, feel free to ask question.

Yay! We were all smart enough not to kill each other first round XD *Refers to intro scene* That's suprising for me *Likes to jump into things* Either someone is trying to frame Reaymond...or he's being REALLY sneaky o.O

<(^-^)>

I would say, frame Reaymond. That eliminates a handful of the people... :o

Great post, Woon! Hehe, awesomeville :P I was so looking forward to going there...*pretends to choke mysterious stranger*

I would say, frame Reaymond. That eliminates a handful of the people... :o

Great post, Woon! Hehe, awesomeville :P I was so looking forward to going there...*pretends to choke mysterious stranger*

Great Begining! Very good history!

:D

Thank you. Some already sent in the decision. Looking forward to received other PM. :)

Nice one... I'm going to find out who framed me, and they will be the first to die... NOBODY can steal Zuchious' name and get away with it... He was a created by me to spread fear amongst the hearts of players in future BOW games, not for somebody to go and rip off in the next game. You are an insult to my former warriors name! (btw, Zuchious was my character on WoW aswell :P)

I dunno Reaymond...that sounds mighty suspicious...if you wanted to use Zuchious for other games, why didn't you pick him this time? Unless you did, and this public announcement about killing Zuchious is just your way of making everyone believe you aren't him XD *Or maybe I'm just paranoid*

<(^-^)>

I dunno Reaymond...that sounds mighty suspicious...if you wanted to use Zuchious for other games, why didn't you pick him this time? Unless you did, and this public announcement about killing Zuchious is just your way of making everyone believe you aren't him XD *Or maybe I'm just paranoid*

<(^-^)>

ha ha i was going to say the same thing...

reay...i could totally see you using the same name...

<(^-^)>

Because I asked Woon whether identities need to be secret again, and it was "Yes". So i figured that it would be kinda stupid to use the same name... but somebody else decided to do what "???" (can't remember) did to CP in the first game and frame them really badly...

:rolleyes: You mafiaholics somehow found a way to include mafia paranoia on BOW :P

I think that someone else is trying to frame reay knowing that people would be suspecting that reay would use his own name to trick everyone else by saying that someone else is trying to frame him!

:rolleyes: You mafiaholics somehow found a way to include mafia paranoia on BOW :P

I think that someone else is trying to frame reay knowing that people would be suspecting that reay would use his own name to trick everyone else by saying that someone else is trying to frame him!

Now THAT'S paranoid XD I didn't know it had to be kept secret o.O Is that true Woon? I was planning on picking something that some people might know...but thought against it...also, can someone explain to me why I know the name "Puck"? I know I read it somewhere...but I can't for the life of me remember where... :unsure:

<(^-^)>

Edit: (To Reaymond) They put their name as "Salvador Dali" *I've been reading the old thread lately :blush:*

Edited by Kathleen

I think we found our framer! lol

gotta love mafia madness!

Yup, as you can see most of the role-playing game, the player will not know all the details at the begining. Some information only been told when the time is ripe. I try to make similar (or close to) at here. I don't know what is the effect but lets just see how its go. :)

Night 1 Result

Woon wiped the bar desk for the whole night. Nothing much he could do tonight. Warriors who stayed here were out for their activities.

Soon Warrior Anna Mannequin walked back to the inn with her wooden sword, disappointedly. Woon looked at her “Attack fail?”

Anna shook her head and replied “My target must be in the stadium to do training!” and walked back to her room.

*********************** ******************************** ************************

Dominatrix walked back with her whip that equipped with wooden chips and handle, sitting at the bar desk and looking at woon. “Tell me, is it normal for them to go for training every night?”

Woon look at her and answered “No every night. But mostly in the night 1”.

“Then I should not choose to attack.” Dominatrix took a long exhalation and went back to her room.

An hour later, the other 8 warriors happily come back at the same time .

“How’s the training?” woon asked

“Great!” the 8 answered simultaneously.

“Ok, I need to brief you about the Day 1 activities tomorrow morning. Better go and take a rest now!”

Night 1 end. No one got killed. All players gained 8 HP or fully recharge to 15HP accordingly.

Player:

1. GC

2. Dms172

3. Reaymond

4. Impervious

5. Izzy

6. Kat

7. ST

8. renan

9. IDNE

10. Riranor

Warrior name:

1. K-T......................L1-H9-C8-E4.2, P1-Q10-PE7

2. Dominatrix...........L1-H15-C10-E0, P1-Q10-PE0

3. Drakone...............L1-H15-C8-E2.4, P1-Q10-PE4

4. Legolas................L1-H14-C8-E2.7, P1-Q10-PE4.5

5. Puck....................L1-H10-C8-E3.9, P1-Q10-PE6.5

6. Myrddin...............L1-H15-C8-E1.2, P1-Q10-PE2

7. Anna Mannequin...L1-H15-C10-E0, P1-Q10-PE0

8. Seraphim.............L1-H15-C8-E2.4, P1-Q10-PE4

9. Sombral...............L1-H15-C8-E1.8, P1-Q10-PE3

10. Zuchious.............L1-H15-C8-E2.4, P1-Q10-PE4

I only show this for the first time. Next time, I will PM you individual about your own result. :)

Prologue and Introduction

Day 1 – The briefing.

Warriors got up earlier and gathered at the front of the bar desk. They were waiting for woon to give the briefing about the person they would meet in day 1.

“There will be 6 person who are gathered at the nearby market. They are…..

The Trade Man, is one of the person you like the most. You could buy item that he could offer with coins. You could also sell items to him to gain coins. I hope you could find him.

The Treasure Fairy, is the immortal who offered you items, only if you help her to accomplish some task or mission. Her quote? “No pain, No gain”

The Experience Traveler is a person who would love to share her experience to anyone who willing to talk to her. The benefits you could gain? Well, she will help you to increase experience points at wherever she think you need to.

The Boring Rich Man, is the riches person in the city of Iohoda. He admire warriors, but would like to test their ability. He always set challenges for warrior to face. Upon success, he reward them with money. Yes, coins!

The Apprenticed Wizard, is a newbie wizard just learn casting spells for few months. When you meet her, she will make a random number and cast a spell to you. The spells could be:

1) Guess one of the information of one of the players

2) Able to attack a person who is in the training

3) Being invisible, no one could find you and attack you.

4) Double up your attack strength with the same HP used.

5) Full defense without spending any HP.

6) Transfer 30% of the coins of one of the player to you.

But the effect of the above mentioned power will only last for the same night, if not used, the power will vanish. Unless….. I can’t tell you much, you will see.

The Magical Warrior, is the immortal warrior who knew to use the inner energy to convert to magical power and add on to the attack. Who knows he could help you to awake your inner energy as well?

Woon paused for a while and then continued.

“But, they will not appear as what I describe. They will change the costume. So try to find them with the little hint they supply. Ok, walk to the market now and see them. But you can only choose 2 persons to talk to.”

So the warriors moved to the market, they saw the 6 persons who spoke like this:

My leg is injured! Oh young

warrior, could you help me? I

beg you, just carry me back home. As for

paying back you kindness, I will tell you a story

You can gain benefits from the story. Will you help me?

I need help! I am now

at the most critical moment who crazily

need help from anyone of you. Please! I am begging

from yesterday till now. I will repay your kindness!

Should I tell her? Should I not? Young

warrior, if you are me would you

tell her the truth? You don't know what I am talking about?

Sure you don't know. But if you willing to listen. We

can spend some time at the bar, I will tell you.

Excuse me young warrior! I see you looking for some

excitement? Well, do you trust me? I have some

important information would like to share with

you if you don't mind how the time pass

Huh unbelievable? Well it is

all up to you to choose!

Could anyone of you show some kindness? I am hungry.

You can see how hungry I am. I am not

lying. Sir, please help me. I just need some food. I

do not mind if it is the leftover. Please, sir. Please!

A very good morning everyone

above my stall you could see many items which

I intended to sell to you. I will not

tell you how special they are, unless

you interest to know, then put a coin on the

pail that I prepared on that corner, then I'll

offer you something but I can't guarantee how good it is

So, Old Man, Old Female Resident, Young Man, Drunken Guy, Little Child or Hawker Seller, which 2 do you going to choose?

PM me your decision. You have 36 hours.

Good Luck

XD *imagines 8 people yell GREAT at the same time, and walk off simultaniously* I pretty much expected as much...let's hear the day one puzzle! :D *impatient*

<(^-^)>

Edit: Way to post while Woon does, Kat <_<

Edited by Kathleen

I think that we could have an option to stay at the bar drinking. The result could be losing all your coins, losing 4 hp and atack a random number of players, at random. :lol:

Edited by renan