BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Here are riddles I, again, didn't write but still rock:

The unsolved 1:

1. 1 door closes, 9 open. When 9 close, 1 door opens. What is it?

(give that one your best shot!)

Some others:

2. What 5 letter word can be rearranged 3 times to get 3 different words each containing 1 more syllable? The word has no duplicates of letters

a)----- 1 syllable

b)----- 2 syllable

c)----- 3 syllable

3. Jenn picked a book off the highest shelf in her room. On the spine she read

How to Jog. She ran out of the room and opened the book but found it had absolutely nothing to do with jogging. Explain.......

4. You write on me and secrets I can keep;

In places never seen, I spin like a top;

Though stiff as a board, I'm often described like a mop.

What am I?

GOOD LUCK!!!:D

1. haven't solved YET!

2. 1) aides

2) aside

3)ideas

3. The book Jenn picked up was one of a set of encyclopedias; she picked up the volume containing entries beginning with the letters "HOW" through the letters "JOG".

4. a floppy disk (sorta old, sorry)

10 answers to this question

:D
I'm on the same track as the prison solution. All I can think of is an automated milking parlor. *blush*

well... I habe no idea!!! so, anything is up for guessing. :D those sound like they could work. I got that riddle of a site where no one had solved it either so... :D

#1 is an oldie, but I don't think I've seen it here yet. The answer is:

the orifices of man. When in the womb all is closed except the umbilical cord. When born, the belly-button closes and all others open (eyes, nose, etc...) A woman would have one more, so it's not a cross-gender answer.

#3 alternative:

it was about jogging one's memory. Either way, I'm not really satisfied since even the encyclopedia would have 'something' to do with jogging since "Jog" was the last entry.

#1 is an oldie, but I don't think I've seen it here yet. The answer is:

the orifices of man. When in the womb all is closed except the umbilical cord. When born, the belly-button closes and all others open (eyes, nose, etc...) A woman would have one more, so it's not a cross-gender answer.

#3 alternative:

it was about jogging one's memory. Either way, I'm not really satisfied since even the encyclopedia would have 'something' to do with jogging since "Jog" was the last entry.

wow... that was a great answer for #1!!!!! and i guess we all have our opinions for.... I think that since it's and encyclopedia... well...ok(for #3)

If you didn't write the riddle, how did you find it?

:D It's really easy to find riddles and i just got these off a site. they had a "never solved" page and i got #1 off that... that was the only one they had!!! the website makers hadn't even solved it :o

:D It's really easy to find riddles and i just got these off a site. they had a "never solved" page and i got #1 off that... that was the only one they had!!! the website makers hadn't even solved it :o

AH, thinking back I think I forgot the last part.

the door to Heaven

so it's the womb, life, death

..my bad. now it's complete ;)