BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Hey, I noticed some people were talking about instruments in another topic, and due to my curiosity, and not wanting that topic to be locked...I started a topic. So I'm a VERY musical person, I sing, play guitar, piano and trumpet. I just started guitar in September, and have learned suprisingly quickly. I love Coldplay and P!nk, and I'm hoping to study music when I go to University. What about everyone else?

<(^-^)>

• Answers 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

:lol: , it's really fascinating to learn what other people listen to. I'm so used to my kind of music :P I'm probably going to take up Izzy's type tomorrow, and see how it is :)

YAY! 1000TH POST!!!

I'm a bit picky about what I listen to, so I can assure you all my music is good. :D

Bruce Dickenson (ex-vocalist from Iron Maiden) has a lovely voice, and if you find a live version of Fear of the Dark, the "Oh, oh oh oh ohh ohohohoh, oh oh oh oh ohohohoh, oh oh ohhh" is just.. brilliant. Iron Maiden is just phenomenal. I dunno if you go after lyrics or music, but most of their songs have a pretty cool meaning, and Dave Murray (guitarist) pwns. It's all... beautiful. Awesome, awesome, awesome band. My friend James was once asked what his favorite Iron Maiden song was, and he couldn't narrow it down further than a list of 30-odd songs. Dream of Mirrors is awesome, so is Fear of the Dark, and Phantom of the Opera, The Trooper, and.. pretty much all their other stuff. >_>

Okay, enough about Iron Maiden. Here's a list of recommendations:

Pink Floyd: Time, Wish You Were Here, Brain Damage, Us and Them (I feel like I'm forgetting one..)

Bad Religion: Let Them Eat War, American Jesus, Punk Rock Song, Big Bang, Social Suicide

NOFX: Franco Un-American, The Separation of Church and Skate, She's Nubs

Jonathan Coulton: The First of May (This is an amazing song, but it isn't completely appropriate)

Ian Dury and the Blockheads: Sex and Drugs and Rock 'n Roll (Same as above)

Bob Dylan: Mr Tambourine Man

Billy Joel: We Didn't Start the Fire, Goodnight Saigon, The Piano Man

Slash's Snakepit: Been There Lately

Guns n' Roses: Paradise City, Sweet Child o' Mine, etc. (Civil War is pretty good too!)

Alice Cooper: No More Mr. Nice Guy, School's Out For The Summer

JerryC : Canon Rock (This was originally by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, but this is a newer more guitary version)

David Bowie: Rebel Rebel, Changes, Ziggy Stardust, Life on Mars, pretty much all his music is good.

Green Day: You better already be listening to Green Day..

I can't imagine you liking Metallica, but they do have some good stuff!: The Unforgiven I and II, Wherever I May Roam, The God That Failed, Sad But True, Enter Sandman (nice at night), Nothing Else Matters

Led Zeppelin: Good Times Bad Times, The Immigrant Song

Ramones: Blitzkreig Bop, Rock and Roll High School, Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio?, Rockaway Beach, Baby I Love You, The KKK Took My Baby Away

Yellowcard: Sureshot (I loved this song when I was little >_>)

Man, there's so much more but I really want to finish up this post. Get in some Queen, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen, and other stuff in too! Have fun! ;)

My top 25 played (According to itunes)

So What

Stand In the Rain

Life In Technicolor

Lost?

Stupid Girls

Shake It

Violet Hill

Viva la Vida

Beauty from Pain

Don't Look In Their Eyes

Mercy

Nowhere With You

This Love

Pocketful of Sunshine

Let It Rock

Ring Ring

For the Nights I Can't Remember

The Scientist

4 Minutes (feat. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland)

Get the Party Started

Dancing Queen

Speed of Sound

Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)

<(^-^)>

hmm i recognize about half that list lol

ooh, nice songs! My favorite one is Silent Thoughts ;) I luv how you used parts of the badger song in your vid :P

well that's actually not my artwork haha, that's some newgrounds stuff, just to "entertain the listener while he listens to the songs"

but anyways thank you ^_^ it means a lot to me

I'm adding a few of my favorite people:

Miles Davis (Jazz!),

Dave Valentin (Latin/Jazz),

John Coltrane (Jazz!!),

Dave Matthews Band (Rock),

Death Cab for Cutie (Alt.),

Jethro Tull (Renaissance -like 70's Rock),

Led Zeppelin (Old, Hard Rock!),

:oI can't imagine you liking Metallica, but they do have some good stuff!: The Unforgiven I and II, Wherever I May Roam, The God That Failed, Sad But True, Enter Sandman (nice at night), Nothing Else Matters

Metallica? I love Metallica!

Some of my favorites:

Orion (instrumental)

Enter Sandman

Master of Puppets

One

COMFORTABLY NUMB - pwns all
I second that.

I particularly remember my wife listening to this while she was in labour (listen to it with that in mind: the lyrics are uncannily appropriate). Shortly after he was born, we played the song to my little boy and the look on his face was like.... "whoa.... I've heard this before".

priceless :D:D:D