BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Step 1: Figure out what the clues mean individually.

Step 2: Figure out what they have in common (bonus points if you go beyond the superficial answer)

Step 3: Fill in the remaining piece of information for each clue that will become obvious after step 2.

OK GO!

1) Born of obscurity, he’s all grown up now.

2) Game piece representing a particular political affiliation.

3) Non-Sovereign boys of the sampled aggregate.

4) A very short time, somewhere between an instant and a jiffy.

5) Turdus migratorius’ father’s daughter-in-law.

6) An immature nipper operating chaotically.

7) Find an understandable meaning from seemingly random gibberish. (What you are trying to do with this puzzle!)

8) There is a question of initial constitution between one and the other.

9) A step-by-step manual for creating Redgrave’s Bagatelle.

10) Keen on an alternative to Asian culture’s current exposure and influence.

Edited by Grayven

• Answers 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Susan Sarandon?

Let me explain before laughter ensues :)...I was thinking about the feedback, and I was thinking taht the punctuation had to do with Robins'...so I got to thinking Robbins'...which led me to Tim Robbins...which led me to his partner Susan Sarandon. Like i said, I know i'm WAY off...but sometimes I like to share my thought process just in case it'll be helpful to someone else! haha

Susan Sarandon?

Let me explain before laughter ensues :)...I was thinking about the feedback, and I was thinking taht the punctuation had to do with Robins'...so I got to thinking Robbins'...which led me to Tim Robbins...which led me to his partner Susan Sarandon. Like i said, I know i'm WAY off...but sometimes I like to share my thought process just in case it'll be helpful to someone else! haha

It's always interesting when someone takes a puzzle in unintended directions. Good job.

It's a bit too early for an outright hint so...

The 3 most important things to remember about real estate also apply to punctuation.

"decipher" would be my choice for the closest thus far. Keep trying!

edited for clarity.. and to explain edit.

Edited by Grayven

It's always interesting when someone takes a puzzle in unintended directions. Good job.

It's a bit too early for an outright hint so...

The 3 most important things to remember about real estate also apply to punctuation.

"decipher" would be my choice for the closest thus far. Keep trying!

edited for clarity.. and to explain edit.

perhaps...

Sage

crack

Edited by Twin Pop

Putting my other thought processes concerning the numbers i've been tackling so far, I have an idea for number 6...

i was looking at no.6 when i picked up on your wording, most importantly the word 'operating'. before noticing this i simply though a mischievous child, but i surfed the web (what a tacky phrase lol!) and found that a nipper is a short rope used to bind cable, used in the Navy and angling.

on the right track Grayven??:rolleyes:

Seriously, this riddle is soooo hard but i'm addicted to it!!! i must sound like some geeky riddle druggy but whatever ^_^!

Putting my other thought processes concerning the numbers i've been tackling so far, I have an idea for number 6...

i was looking at no.6 when i picked up on your wording, most importantly the word 'operating'. before noticing this i simply though a mischievous child, but i surfed the web (what a tacky phrase lol!) and found that a nipper is a short rope used to bind cable, used in the Navy and angling.

on the right track Grayven??:rolleyes:

Seriously, this riddle is soooo hard but i'm addicted to it!!! i must sound like some geeky riddle druggy but whatever ^_^!

Child is correct, michievous is close.

This is what we know so far...

Step 2: Figure out what they have in common (bonus points if you go beyond the superficial answer)

Step 3: Fill in the remaining piece of information for each clue that will become obvious after step 2.

OK GO!

1) Born of obscurity, he’s all grown up now. Nowhere Man - shakeepuddn

5) Turdus migratorius’ father’s daughter-in-law. Robin (partial)

6) An immature nipper operating chaotically. Child (partial)

7) Find an understandable meaning from seemingly random gibberish. (What you are trying to do with this puzzle!)

9) A step-by-step manual for creating Redgrave’s Bagatelle. Pinball (partial)

Edited by Grayven

This is what we know so far...

legend:

Blue - correct so far

Red - still needs work.

Step 2: Figure out what they have in common Song titles - Twin pop (bonus points if you go beyond the superficial answer)

OK GO!

1) Born of obscurity, he’s all grown up now. Nowhere Man - shakeepuddn

5) Turdus migratorius’ father’s daughter-in-law. Mrs. Robinson - Andromeda/Twinpop

6) An immature nipper operating chaotically. Wild Child (partial)

9) A step-by-step manual for creating Redgrave’s Bagatelle. Pinball Wizard - Rush/Twinpop

Well done Twin Pop! That should hopefully open the floodgates and maybe get some more people interested in helping out, as well.

edit: fixed colors

Edited by Grayven

Now that the running theme has been figured out, I think I can do slightly better perhaps!

Twas fun narrowing down though.

"King Piece in the Chess Game" by Slick Rick...or "Chess Piece Face" by They Might Be Giants?

"Real Wild Child"

I'm pretty sure you said decipher was the closest one to someone else, so...

analyze, break, break down, bring out, cipher, construe, crack, decode, deduce, disentangle, dope out, elucidate, encipher, explain, expound, find the key, interpret, make clear, make out, puzzle out, read, render, reveal, solve, spell, translate, unfold, unravel, unriddle...any of them?

Could it be different titles applied to humans? Hear me out lol...So far be have Nowhere Man, (Real?) Wild Child, Mrs. Robinson and Pinball Wizard. So far, I can only further link these titles as they are all different sub-categories of humans, not that wizards are real...or are they lol? And if King Piece in the Chess Game is right, well that supports my idea!

Rushofblood do good? :blush:

Now that the running theme has been figured out, I think I can do slightly better perhaps!

Twas fun narrowing down though.

"King Piece in the Chess Game" by Slick Rick...or "Chess Piece Face" by They Might Be Giants?

"Real Wild Child"

I'm pretty sure you said decipher was the closest one to someone else, so...

analyze, break, break down, bring out, cipher, construe, crack, decode, deduce, disentangle, dope out, elucidate, encipher, explain, expound, find the key, interpret, make clear, make out, puzzle out, read, render, reveal, solve, spell, translate, unfold, unravel, unriddle...any of them?

Could it be different titles applied to humans? Hear me out lol...So far be have Nowhere Man, (Real?) Wild Child, Mrs. Robinson and Pinball Wizard. So far, I can only further link these titles as they are all different sub-categories of humans, not that wizards are real...or are they lol? And if King Piece in the Chess Game is right, well that supports my idea!

Rushofblood do good? :blush:

Wow! What zeal! What fervor!! Where to begin?!

Ok, we'll start...

Warning! Huge hint inside!

Spoiler for Cuidado!:

What do the songs have in common?

now we'll go down the list:

2) nope

6) nope

7) yes, it's in there! ohhhh, suspense!

I'll start with Step 2 for now:

i've looked for links between the songs, but i don't know whether to think laterally or go deep.

laterally thinking, the songs were all released in the mid to late 60s ('66, 68, 69).

Then I delved a bit deeper. In Nowhere Man and Pinball Wizard, they both mention blindness.

Nowhere Man: "He's as blind as he can be,

Just sees what he wants to see,

Nowhere Man can you see me at all?"

Pinball Wizard: "That deaf, dumb and blind kid

Sure plays a mean pinball."

In Mrs. Robinson, the only link along these lines is "Look around you all you see are sympathetic eyes" and "Our nation turns it's lonely eyes to you."

I'm probably wrong, I'll think some more..as for the other sub-riddles, I'll tackle them in a bit! You must admire my integrity, yet pity my lack of logic! <_< lol

i've looked for links between the songs, but i don't know whether to think laterally or go deep.

laterally thinking, the songs were all released in the mid to late 60s ('66, 68, 69).

Then I delved a bit deeper. In Nowhere Man and Pinball Wizard, they both mention blindness.

In Mrs. Robinson, the only link along these lines is "Look around you all you see are sympathetic eyes" and "Our nation turns it's lonely eyes to you."

I'm probably wrong, I'll think some more..as for the other sub-riddles, I'll tackle them in a bit! You must admire my integrity, yet pity my lack of logic! <_< lol

I'm probably wrong, I'll think some more..as for the other sub-riddles, I'll tackle them in a bit! You must admire my determination, yet pity my lack of logic! <_< lol

Edited by -rushofblood-