BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Step 1: Figure out what the clues mean individually.

Step 2: Figure out what they have in common (bonus points if you go beyond the superficial answer)

Step 3: Fill in the remaining piece of information for each clue that will become obvious after step 2.

OK GO!

1) Born of obscurity, he’s all grown up now.

2) Game piece representing a particular political affiliation.

3) Non-Sovereign boys of the sampled aggregate.

4) A very short time, somewhere between an instant and a jiffy.

5) Turdus migratorius’ father’s daughter-in-law.

6) An immature nipper operating chaotically.

7) Find an understandable meaning from seemingly random gibberish. (What you are trying to do with this puzzle!)

8) There is a question of initial constitution between one and the other.

9) A step-by-step manual for creating Redgrave’s Bagatelle.

10) Keen on an alternative to Asian culture’s current exposure and influence.

Edited by Grayven

• Answers 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I just know

I like the riddle... even though I still don't know what it it about! :)

what the bird is (Turdus migratorius) - robin

On the right track!

And thank you. :blush:

These are always more fun when you have to work together.

okay, i'm bad at this stuff, but i'll say some ideas...

my first thought was a nanosecond, or a nano (iPod)? that may be random but i have no idea what this riddle is lol. there's also tick, sec etc...

Turdus migratorius = robin. now, excuse me if i'm wrong but i think that a person's father's daughter-in-law is their wife...correct?

if so, then Maid Marian may be part of this answer?

I searched Redgrave's Bagatelle, and found that his version of the billiards-related game was the effectively the original pinball, in a sense, and it involved a spring-loaded plunger. other steps involved using a billiards table, pins, holes and such.

i don't have the exact answers for any, but i hope my ideas may give some of the clever Brain Teasers here some ideas. ;)

1) Born of obscurity, he's all grown up now. Plant - ant

2) Game piece representing a particular political affiliation., knight -

3) Non-Sovereign boys of the sampled aggregate. Mean brats - rats

4) A very short time, somewhere between an instant and a jiffy.Mo

5) Turdus migratorius' father's daughter-in-law. ROBIN Aunt/ant

6) An immature nipper operating chaotically. Ant, they can nip

7) Find an understandable meaning from seemingly random gibberish. (What you are trying to do with this puzzle!) solve ??

8) There is a question of initial constitution between one and the other.????

9) A step-by-step manual for creating Redgrave's Bagatelle. need a wiki - it was the old form of bar billiards (pub game, that I was awsomely great at)

10) Keen on an alternative to Asian culture's current exposure and influence. ???? Asia... not that big and varied... China/accupuncture/very old eggs abacuss ... nothing from me

I cant do a lot with it - ah asia..

Japan/Nipon = ANTKILLER - commercial products ant related ??

nah I got nothing, excitement abates

The new guy comes out swingin'!

Welcome to the Den Rush!

First off, you're better at this than you think. You've been very helpful, I think.

are headed in the right direction so far.

You're on the right track at the end there.

Robin, of course, is part of it. "Maid Marion" is clever, but you've got the wrong association.

Spoiler for special hint:

be mindful of punctuation.

You got us halfway there! Good job.

Nothing else so far has been close enough to help out, I think.

This could turn out to be even tougher than I had hoped XP

A very short time, somewhere between an instant and a jiffy.

:)

a moment in time and that I thought about it I was probably way off with the tree

:lol:, hey maybe it's a bamboo cause they grow really fast! I'm way off aren't I... <_<

You might be just a little too far outside the box this time, Miss bunny person. :)

Okay! I have some further ideas.

Thank you Grayven, by the way! I must have a hidden talent for this stuff!

Anyway, I have some thoughts, sorry if i have gone off on the wrong track!

i did some wikipedia searching on chess pieces and i found an article on "Fairy Chess Pieces" - unorthodox pieces that aren't used in conventional chess games. They are hybrids such as an Archbishop (Knight and Bishop).

There is also a Chancellor, (Knight and Rook). This has got me thinking that the link between the clues may be government/politics related.

sovereignty is "the exclusive right to control a government, a country, a people, or oneself." so, the opposite of that (non-sovereign) must be the public, the average working class. the sampled aggregate leads me to the idea that the answer could be the Census - a national survey, if you will, of the public. Pretty government-related.

still with my government theme, i searched "robin wife government" on Google, and what I find was the headline "Robin Williams' wife files for divorce" (notice the apostrophe after the s, like your clue! - i focused on punctuation like you suggested). all the tags for that site were like "law, crime, justice, courts, trials" and so on, so also linking in with my political idea?

although i don't have the answer to this one, i can see how it would probably tie in with my law and order, justice politics thing. i may be WAY off, but hey, at least i'm trying.

awesome riddle btw, it's really got me hooked! please reply with your thoughts and suggestions if you want to.

B))

Okay! I have some further ideas.

Thank you Grayven, by the way! I must have a hidden talent for this stuff!

Anyway, I have some thoughts, sorry if i have gone off on the wrong track!

i did some wikipedia searching on chess pieces and i found an article on "Fairy Chess Pieces" - unorthodox pieces that aren't used in conventional chess games. They are hybrids such as an Archbishop (Knight and Bishop).

There is also a Chancellor, (Knight and Rook). This has got me thinking that the link between the clues may be government/politics related.

sovereignty is "the exclusive right to control a government, a country, a people, or oneself." so, the opposite of that (non-sovereign) must be the public, the average working class. the sampled aggregate leads me to the idea that the answer could be the Census - a national survey, if you will, of the public. Pretty government-related.

still with my government theme, i searched "robin wife government" on Google, and what I find was the headline "Robin Williams' wife files for divorce" (notice the apostrophe after the s, like your clue! - i focused on punctuation like you suggested). all the tags for that site were like "law, crime, justice, courts, trials" and so on, so also linking in with my political idea?

although i don't have the answer to this one, i can see how it would probably tie in with my law and order, justice politics thing. i may be WAY off, but hey, at least i'm trying.

awesome riddle btw, it's really got me hooked! please reply with your thoughts and suggestions if you want to.

B))

Good work! You've taken this puzzle in a completely unforseen direction. (You derailed the train)

No worries though, what some see as an incorrect answer is merely a narrowing of the possibilities!

2) back up to your original guess and find a different angle.

3) "non" doesn't have to mean opposite.

5) needs a spoiler

Isn't the answer, but he sure did give you a great clue.

10) no answer, no help.

Having fun yet?

Having fun yet?

I suppose lol...but in a very annoying way! i want more people to post ideas so everyone can bounce off each other. the riddle is very interesting but i worry that i am reaching the limit of my intelligence!!!

i'll keep thinking about it...might post again in a day or two ;)

I suppose lol...but in a very annoying way! i want more people to post ideas so everyone can bounce off each other. the riddle is very interesting but i worry that i am reaching the limit of my intelligence!!!

i'll keep thinking about it...might post again in a day or two ;)

Let the beginning be your guide. (The force is overrated)

B))