BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Very good cheeken. However, you are one word off. And I would like to see if someone got the reasoning behind it all....

* Seven Years? 12 months in a year

* Seven Wonders? not sure how 12 equates to wonder

* Seven dwarves? still not sure where 12 and dwarves fit together

* Seven Years? 12 months in a year

* Seven Wonders? not sure how 12 equates to wonder

* Seven dwarves? still not sure where 12 and dwarves fit together

No, no and no. Cheeken's answer is all right but needs one more word. I see why you thought differently when I say one word off. Again, I'm new to this so my bad

I know what a VHS is but never herd of it being called a Betamax. Anyways at least I know what it means now. Thanks!

Edited by runder_1111

No, no and no. Cheeken's answer is all right but needs one more word. I see why you thought differently when I say one word off. Again, I'm new to this so my bad

Sail the Seven Seas?

I know what a VHS is but never herd of it being called a Betamax. Anyways at least I know what it means now. Thanks!

Here's an analogy

Betamax is to VHS as HD-DVD is to Blu-Ray

Ahhh, it makes more sense now. And your answer is wrong. If you follow the right process from the beginning, you'll get it. Just note that the right process hasn't been followed by anyone thus far.

This is good! I like this puzzle!

All I can think of is a film title...

Sinbad, Legend of the Seven Seas...

My reasoning for this is

12 12 12 12 12 12 12

1+2=3

A B C

C C C C C C C

Seven seas...

Then I saw your hint about 6 6 6 6 6 6 6

Translates to 666 666

666 = Devil

Devil = Sin/bad

Sinbad, Legend of the Seven Seas.

It makes sense, but it's likely wrong, lol.

This is good! I like this puzzle!

All I can think of is a film title...

Sinbad, Legend of the Seven Seas...

My reasoning for this is

12 12 12 12 12 12 12

1+2=3

A B C

C C C C C C C

Seven seas...

Then I saw your hint about 6 6 6 6 6 6 6

Translates to 666 666

666 = Devil

Devil = Sin/bad

Sinbad, Legend of the Seven Seas.

It makes sense, but it's likely wrong, lol.

I somehow knew this was going to come back to the devil, hence why I put 7 sixes so you couldn't break it into 2 pairs of 3 sixes. The method you used to find C is wrong, however C=sea is correct and 7 seas is correct too. I'll post another hint later when I think of one, but there is a reason why its works with 12 and 6.

Edited by runder_1111

1 oxygen atom and 2 hydrogen atoms = Water - 7 waters - 7 seas

Again, another way to find part of the answer, but it still isn't the whole answer. If you work it the right way, you'll get the whole answer. Just need to add one more word in there!

Btw that is a brilliant method, however wrong it may be.

Unfortunately no one has got it right so far. Still need to add one more word. If this hint doesn't give it away, I don't know what will.

So far we have 'the seven seas'. I know that's pretty much the answer, but the way I made it was so it had 4 words but anyways.

The hint is satisfactory. I just finished year 12 so :D . And don't forget it's the same with 12 and 6.

Edited by runder_1111

if you make 1=a and 2=b it makes for a pretty awesome mortal combat combo for Kitana on sega dreamcast... lol I dont know

No unfortunately. The numbers don't correspond to the numerical values in the alphabet. I think the hint above pretty much gives it away

well I can only assume that if it works with six's also that it must be 6 Continents and 7 Seas...Mind as well sum that up as "Planet Earth" If no one has it now can you just explain your logic, no one is going to get it now.

well I can only assume that if it works with six's also that it must be 6 Continents and 7 Seas...Mind as well sum that up as "Planet Earth" If no one has it now can you just explain your logic, no one is going to get it now.

Alrite, alrite. I'll explain. Well I thought the hints satisfactory and school and teacher gave it away but anyways here I go.

Marking scheme A B C D E a 12 or 6 is considered a C+ or a high C. C is used to mean satisfactory. That's how I got 'high sea' and there is 7 twelves so you get the seven high seas. And yes I know there were people who pretty much got it but I thought that its got to be the whole thing.

Now that I think about it, I don't think it was that obvious from the start, although it is the first I made from scratch so it's not my best work. I know it's the first I made from scratch but I probably should have put something else in there to give more direction, but I really thought the hints would have done it. If the hints weren't clear could someone suggest how I could phrase hints for the future? Well at least I'll learn and hopefully make a better one next time?