BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Maybe some direction on what we are supposed to do with it? Is it a code? I'd offer number sequence, but that's a pretty obvious sequence. :D

Well it isn't a number sequence :rolleyes: , however you have to work out what the numbers mean to work out what the thing is. Make more sense now, or I just can't write riddles? I just hope I didn't disguise the answer too well.

Edited by runder_1111

Ok this is my first go at making my own riddle from scratch, so I don't know how it will turn out. I hope it's a good riddle:

[spoiler='Thoughts

']Here is all I am getting out of this so far:

We are either looking at seven 12s or seven 1s and seven 2s.

12*7=84

(1*7)+(2*7)=21

I don't know if I'm getting anywhere or not though, as there are no directions for this riddle.

Perhaps it is something like: Y Y H L Y E Y T R R R R (the last letter of each of the twelve months).

Anyways, I have no idea so far.

Ok this is my first go at making my own riddle from scratch, so I don't know how it will turn out. I hope it's a good riddle:

a square?

12th letter of the alphabet is L, 7 L's, L7 = square?

do the #s stand for 2 different letters??

Nope

[spoiler='Thoughts

']Here is all I am getting out of this so far:

We are either looking at seven 12s or seven 1s and seven 2s.

12*7=84

(1*7)+(2*7)=21

I don't know if I'm getting anywhere or not though, as there are no directions for this riddle.

Perhaps it is something like: Y Y H L Y E Y T R R R R (the last letter of each of the twelve months).

Anyways, I have no idea so far.

No about the last letter of the twelve months thing, but you did say something that is significant in working out the answer. You said it in the second line.....

a square?

12th letter of the alphabet is L, 7 L's, L7 = square?

No again, but I like you're thinking

And since there seems to be issues with directions.....how do I put this.....it might make more sense if it was written like 12 12 12 12 12 12 12. You have to work out what the thing is. The numbers represent that something. Royal is onto something......If my directions are still unclear, I'm trying to think of how to put my thoughts into words and onto paper. But let me know if it makes sense now and if not, I'll keep trying to make sense.

Edited by runder_1111

I'm not sure what you mean?.....That seems to be the general consensus with this riddle....

I agree... :P I have no idea what the riddle means either :lol::rolleyes:

12 = R?

R R R R R R R

Seven R's?

rrrrrr as in grrr?

dog growling? :huh:

I agree... :P I have no idea what the riddle means either :lol::rolleyes:

12 = R?

R R R R R R R

Seven R's?

rrrrrr as in grrr?

dog growling? :huh:

Lol I don't really want to know how you came up with a dog growling. I don't know how you got R, but the way you're going about the riddle is somewhat right. The letter R is wrong. If you came up with the right letter it might make more sense? I hope this helps in giving direction to solving the riddle

Okay, um 12th letter of the first two letters of the greek (alphabet[a])

(btw 12 = R in 1337speak i think B)) )

A B C D E F G H I J K L

L?

hm... 7 L's?

Ll Ll Ll L

U U U L?

(yes, im walking into walls here, but at least im thinking! :lol:

Okay, um 12th letter of the first two letters of the greek (alphabet[a])

(btw 12 = R in 1337speak i think B)) )

A B C D E F G H I J K L

L?

hm... 7 L's?

Ll Ll Ll L

U U U L?

(yes, im walking into walls here, but at least im thinking! :lol:

Ok, maybe I was wrong before. You're going about finding the right letter the wrong way.

I'm trying to think of a hint that wont give it away like I did with my last riddle -_- . When I think of one I'll post it.

ps. spoiler boxes? I don't want to sound like a hypocrite cause I haven't been using them either

Edited by runder_1111

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."

I assume I'm totally off, but thought I'd give it a shot. ;)

[Edit: Put guess in a spoiler; sorry about that. New to this forum.]

Edited by cheeken

1+2=3

A B C

C

Sea?

You're half right, but I didn't even think about getting that part of the answer that way. The way I'm thinking of gets the whole answer, but you're way kinda works. Only a little more to go!

That's all I got, lol. I have a few ideas, but all modnar guesses, so with out calculations or knowing what I'm doing, I'ma keep quiet...

Seaside? =P

Nope. You were closer with you're previous post.

Well, there were 7 twelves, so I thought the answer might be 5 twelves, which altogether would be 12 twelves.

Here's an attempt: 1

Or how about: 12

Here's another try: 42

This better not be stupid.

Well, there were 7 twelves, so I thought the answer might be 5 twelves, which altogether would be 12 twelves.

Here's an attempt: 1

Or how about: 12

Here's another try: 42

This better not be stupid.

Nope. The answer isn't a number, although it does have a number in it (perhaps another hint?)

This is totally piggy-backing on TitanParadise's answer, but ...

The Seven Seas?

Very good cheeken. However, you are one word off. And I would like to see if someone got the reasoning behind it all....

Edited by runder_1111