BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

This riddle will be given in many parts and has to involve a few rules based on our BrainDenizens' instinctual sense of justice and honesty :D The rules may seem odd, but they are necessary and were successful the first go around! Same rules (pretty much) as before:

1) Do not under any circumstance right down or copy onto another file any of the parts of this riddle.

2) Do not reply to any parts of the riddle in this topic. If this is done, I will ask that that part of your post be removed.

3) Only answer the visible part of the riddle. Answers to previous parts will be asked to be removed.

4) After at least 5 guesses are given to each part of the riddle, that given part will magically disappear :o

5) Therefore you will have to base your deductions on the answers posters have given, whether they be right or wrong

6) Even if a correct answer is not given, I will erase that particular part if there are at least 5 guesses

7) You may only guess once for each part

8) At any point, if someone guesses the entire riddle, then game over, you win!

Part 1:

Continue to Part 2

Conitnue to Entire Riddle

• Answers 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

that the first three clues together maks a plural word. Which means we were way off on #1 and #2, since we guessed fairly long words that wouldn't fit together.

So #3 should be a short string or letter that would make the first word plural. But I don't think it's as simple as "s", because that doesn't make sense with the rest of the lines in clue #3.

how about "notes"?

I'm not saying your answer is in/correct, but your reasoning is spot on. ;)

Well...that's the most feedback we've gotten on one of these. Thanks!

Sorry, but the point is for me to not give feedback B)) Some advice: I'd say (for others now, since you guessed on this part) just guess away even if one part is elusive or cryptic and then get the next part. The more guesses, the more everyone has to work with after all.

i think it's the universe/galaxy...

something cool: stars are all in colour but we only see black and white unless you use photography...

All i can think of are toilets

umm... dunno?

Edited by rookie1ja
Quoted riddle deleted as per itachi-san's request

Just found this one and have to head out, but I'm intrigued!!! I went through the thread first after all the clues had disappeared (oh no!) and thought long and hard about it, but couldn't come up with ANYTHING without reading the clues. Now they're in my head and I'm gonna carry them around all day with me, but I'll be back!

I'm not sure I understand why this had to stop disappearing, but I just realized I read the last line of clue #3 wrong, so I have

e

(I read it as be, not begin!)

So here's how it mostly fits.

The first line tells us the word is plural (probably ends in s), but tells us nothing about this part. The part is what goes before the "s". E is the fifth letter, (though I have no idea how it can be second), and is the start of e-mail.

as for part #4,

soft

Edited by Cherry Lane

I'm not sure I understand why this had to stop disappearing

Because the topic kept disappearing with the riddle <_<

Though it seems guesses are getting more on track, so I'll continue Part 5 in the normal pattern now. Also, forget about the rule about not being able to guess multiple times on one part since not many people are posting.

another mootish point - now's your time to guess then...

Edit: also, this topic's died at least twice, so that can't really be true :huh:

Well Im trying to think of an answer, but it slips off out the blue - the first riddle went so quick - btw, it was for others benefit - I'm still busy busy at the mo

I like your answer, but how about making it plural?

I'm all for it. In fact, it is 'cats' on my little doodle pad that I'm trying to map this thing out on, I guess I forgot a letter on that post, good catch ;)

On my little doodle pad though, I can't make 'water' fit in there, any other thoughts for the first stanza? I mean, water makes sense, but the word doesn't line up. . .and I don't want to waste a guess on something that makes less sense. . .

Edited by TommyGuns