BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

This riddle will be given in many parts and has to involve a few rules based on our BrainDenizens' instinctual sense of justice and honesty :D The rules may seem odd, but they are necessary and were successful the first go around! Same rules (pretty much) as before:

1) Do not under any circumstance right down or copy onto another file any of the parts of this riddle.

2) Do not reply to any parts of the riddle in this topic. If this is done, I will ask that that part of your post be removed.

3) Only answer the visible part of the riddle. Answers to previous parts will be asked to be removed.

4) After at least 5 guesses are given to each part of the riddle, that given part will magically disappear :o

5) Therefore you will have to base your deductions on the answers posters have given, whether they be right or wrong

6) Even if a correct answer is not given, I will erase that particular part if there are at least 5 guesses

7) You may only guess once for each part

8) At any point, if someone guesses the entire riddle, then game over, you win!

Part 1:

Continue to Part 2

Conitnue to Entire Riddle

• Answers 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

**NOT A GUESS**

Just looking for some clarification for Rules #2 and #3--we can only answer the current visible portion of the riddle, but we are not allowed to reply in the topic? Then where do we reply? I thought maybe we'd be keeping our own answers, but then that would make all of the other rules pointless and contradictory.

Hoorah! It's back!! (...only to vanish again all to soon :()

at first I was thinking possibly "a rainbow", then "the road" but now I'm leaning toward "the universe."

my issue here is that in the first riddle we used clues to build words which eventually built a phrase...my guesses are entire words so I'm not sure that's what I-sans looking for. Hmmmmmm. Anyone else have something??

Edit: Doh! I think I already broke rule #7! ...unless my train-of-thought only counts as one guess. :P

Edited by puzzlegirl

**NOT A GUESS**

Just looking for some clarification for Rules #2 and #3--we can only answer the current visible portion of the riddle, but we are not allowed to reply in the topic? Then where do we reply? I thought maybe we'd be keeping our own answers, but then that would make all of the other rules pointless and contradictory.

He means don't do what I just did with your post -- if you reply to a post, it includes the text of the previous post by default. If we include the original post in our guesses, we ruin the idea by including parts of the riddle that are supposed to be gone.

yeah, they have to be somewhat vague. I couldn't have this get solved after 2 parts now could I? :P

Do you want it solved at all? I think you just like to torture feeble-minded suckers like me!! You're evil....EVIL!

Edit: Actually looking at it again, if you know the answer at least ;) , it really isn't vague.

Duh! :P

shame to see a great (if a little difficult!) riddle go to waste so i'll have a stab..

so if we're following on from PG's idea perhaps something like X, Y or Z for line 2 but I have no clue on how to put this all together....

Edited by lemonymelon

Edit: removed puzzle clues

1st line: typically implies "s"

2nd line: no clue???

3rd line: e & b

4th line: maybe "l" for letter?

that the first three clues together maks a plural word. Which means we were way off on #1 and #2, since we guessed fairly long words that wouldn't fit together.

So #3 should be a short string or letter that would make the first word plural. But I don't think it's as simple as "s", because that doesn't make sense with the rest of the lines in clue #3.

how about "notes"?