BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

So I'm curious as to what all of your views on the following topics are:

Ghosts, Spirits, demons: do they exist?

Psychic phenomena (Empaths, Psychics, Telepaths, etc)

Aliens....are they out there?

There is one thing you must consider:

"Nothing happens in contradiction with nature only in contradiction what we know of it"

Dana Scully, The X-Files (I'm not sure if it's the exact quote...)

There are still so many things that we don't know...

I'm a skeptic-believer myself, hard to explain... :lol:

Interesting fact - 2% of all alien encounters still remain unexplained!

As for alien abductions - case CLOSED - explained by Japanese scientists (rare sleeping disorder - you open your eyes during your sleep, you are aware of everything but you can't move because your brain is still not awake) and hypnotists!

Actually that sleeping disorder happened to me three times (I didn't think I was abducted, don't worry! :lol: ). But it's a terrifying feeling, eventually your brain wakes up, but those 20-30 seconds while it lasts, I swear to you, I was never that scared in my entire life... I had no idea what it was until I've heard scientists talking about it on National Geographic channel!

:)

There is one thing you must consider:

"Nothing happens in contradiction with nature only in contradiction what we know of it"

Dana Scully, The X-Files (I'm not sure if it's the exact quote...)

There are still so many things that we don't know...

I'm a skeptic-believer myself, hard to explain... :lol:

Interesting fact - 2% of all alien encounters still remain unexplained!

As for alien abductions - case CLOSED - explained by Japanese scientists (rare sleeping disorder - you open your eyes during your sleep, you are aware of everything but you can't move because your brain is still not awake) and hypnotists!

Actually that sleeping disorder happened to me three times (I didn't think I was abducted, don't worry! :lol: ). But it's a terrifying feeling, eventually your brain wakes up, but those 20-30 seconds while it lasts, I swear to you, I was never that scared in my entire life... I had no idea what it was until I've heard scientists talking about it on National Geographic channel!

:)

I used to have dreams which seamed so real that I would of bet my life that they happended yesterday. used to really freak me out!

I used to have dreams which seamed so real that I would of bet my life that they happended yesterday. used to really freak me out!

I had dreams of crashing vehicles on the left side for three nights...i totaled my truck the 4th day...i was hit on the passenger side...

Yes!!!!! That's exactly how it feels!!! First I couldn't move an then after "falling" to sleep again the dream that I have experienced was unbelievably real. I could clearly see everything and even today I can describe everything to the tiniest detail. But those dreams didn't take place in this century. One of them happened in the XIX! And when I looked at the mirror, actually it was a big aluminum box I didn't see me, I've seen a woman with a curly hair, half of her teeth in the upper jaw were missing and she was severely beaten... so it was kinda my reflection!!!

I couldn't sleep two days :lol:

Yes!!!!! That's exactly how it feels!!! First I couldn't move an then after "falling" to sleep again the dream that I have experienced was unbelievably real. I could clearly see everything and even today I can describe everything to the tiniest detail. But those dreams didn't take place in this century. One of them happened in the XIX! And when I looked at the mirror, actually it was a big aluminum box I didn't see me, I've seen a woman with a curly hair, half of her teeth in the upper jaw were missing and she was severely beaten... so it was kinda my reflection!!!

Now that's a trip...

Im glad im not the only one who experenced this, it is very unnerving. Though I cant say I "I went back in time ( that Ican remember)" I used to alway dream of things which would happen (or very simular) a few days letter. :(

Im glad im not the only one who experenced this, it is very unnerving. Though I cant say I "I went back in time ( that Ican remember)" I used to alway dream of things which would happen (or very simular) a few days letter. :(

I don't know. Going back in time beats leaping forward... I wouldn't want to know what is going to happen.

The other two times, well actually it happened five times, but twice two "dreams" were fuzzed one after the other. Anyway in one of them I was a cat. I don't really like cats, so that was really weird! I was really "short", moving graciously and I could see the letters on the paper but couldn't read...

Other two of those were a horrible nightmare...

But I've learned how to wake up when one of those "I can't move" dreams start. I just squeeze my muscles really hard and I wake up. But I kinda regret it for doing that last time, I was really curious what would have happened if I turned around. I kinda felt that there was a mirror behind me, I'm curious how I looked like. :)

But I hope it never happens again. :mellow:

Edited by andromeda

I don't know. Going back in time beats leaping forward... I wouldn't want to know what is going to happen.

The other two times, well actually it happened five times, but twice two "dreams" were fuzzed one after the other. Anyway in one of them I was a cat. I don't really like cats, so that was really weird! I was really "short", moving graciously and I could see the letters on the paper but couldn't read...

Other two of those were a horrible nightmare...

But I've learned how to wake up when one of those "I can't move" dreams start. I just squeeze my muscles really hard and I wake up. But I kinda regret it for doing that last time, I was really curious what would have happened if I turned around. I kinda felt that there was a mirror behind me, I'm curious how I looked like. :)

But I hope it never happens again. :mellow:

Yeah, I havent had any more experiances for the last 5 years or so :D

Just adding my 2¢. I don't believe in ghosts. I think psychics and astrologers are bunk (although my wife enjoys going to an astrologer and I am forced to sit and listen to how insightful she is). I do believe that the universe holds other life. Given the size and scope of the universe it just seems an absolute. Since we cannot travel faster then the speed of light we may never encounter any however. Also, 14 billion years may seem like a long time, but how long does it take to develope sentient life?

Interesting subject...I would not be so arrogant as to say there are no aliens out there. Ghosts, who knows?

But i do know how to read palms. Really I do. I am usually told that I am right. What is really funny is that I make crap

up all the time, knowing I am not saying what the lines are telling me and I am still told I am right. People want to believe

in something so badly that they trow their common sense out the window. Sometimes it is easier to tell someone that

their palm says something they dont want to hear rather than me telling them they are say... a drama queen.

Just an example.

Interesting subject...I would not be so arrogant as to say there are no aliens out there. Ghosts, who knows?

But i do know how to read palms. Really I do. I am usually told that I am right. What is really funny is that I make crap

up all the time, knowing I am not saying what the lines are telling me and I am still told I am right. People want to believe

in something so badly that they trow their common sense out the window. Sometimes it is easier to tell someone that

their palm says something they dont want to hear rather than me telling them they are say... a drama queen.

Just an example.

haha so very true. the mind is very easily manipulated. On countless occasions I've been known to manipulate people's thoughts and "memories" simply by using the right body language and tone of voice to provoke the stimulus that tells the brain I'm telling the truth.

Funny, someone just told me this morning that in England a home buyer go out of a deal because the sellers

didnt disclose that the home was haunted.!! What? I just kept saying to that person But homes arent haunted.

There must be a scientific reason. Doors creak and floors squeek because they are old and wood rubs to create

a sound.

But are people in here saying they have had out of body experiences?

I do think of myself as being an empath. I am very much in touch with others thoughts and feelings.

I read body language very well. But I think that is because I am an adult child of an alcoholic.

haha so very true. the mind is very easily manipulated. On countless occasions I've been known to manipulate people's thoughts and "memories" simply by using the right body language and tone of voice to provoke the stimulus that tells the brain I'm telling the truth.

very true...and by the way I am in So Cal too. where are you? Hot enough for you today?

and too bad you cant use that ability here in the den for mafia.

Edited by crazypainter

very true...and by the way I am in So Cal too. where are you? Hot enough for you today?

and too bad you cant use that ability here in the den for mafia.

I've been in an air conditioned building today in Woodland Hills, I really don't want to leave....Last I saw it's gonna be a hot week.

Back on subject...I think there are those who are observant enough that they can figure out what another is feeling. However the difference between and empath and those is that the empath can see through all the layers of 'fake' emotions put up by others to hide their deepest darkest secrets. Or something like that :P