BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Yoruichi-san

Question

I'm always intrigued by Yoruichi-san's puzzles and I hate to see them languish.

"involutes" makes me think of the constant "e". Also the word "enigmatic" in the hint makes me think of mystery or Mr. E. So, I'm torn. Do I take the E out or leave it in?

Thank you, Prof. T! I was wondering how many views it would take before someone attempted an answer...this puzzle may be short, but it has several parts that require figuring out...(like my problem sets in college... -_- )...

But you're right that about the keyword in the hint...but it's referring to something different...;P

He hates involutes

does that indicate what the mystery word is or is it an anagram?

Knowing that you don't give much hints... :P

Neither...;P

But thank you for gathering a guess...I'm almost to one reply per 100 views! :D

Edit: As a reward, here's a hint:

...anagrams are your thing...this is mine

;)
Edited by Yoruichi-san

Neither...;P

But thank you for gathering a guess...I'm almost to one reply per 100 views! :D

Edit: As a reward, here's a hint:

...anagrams are your thing...this is mine

;)

Does this mean the answer is math related? (Referring to the "involutes" part of the puzzle)

Hmmm...well, Woon, and everyone else, let me tell you a story...;P

My favorite anime of all time is Neon Genesis Evangelion. In this one episode, the humans have to fight an Angel, which happens in every episode. All the Angels have a different form and some look biological and some are 3-D mathematical shapes. Well, in this case, there is a big black sphere that is hovering over the city, casting a shadow. Well, the Evas (the big robots) try to attack the big black sphere and they can't do any damage to it.

Then they realize...that what they've been fighting, the big black sphere is actually the 3-D shadow of the Angel, and what they thought was the shadow was the actual Angel! So they attack the shadow on the ground and defeat it.

So what's the moral of the story? Well, the same thing applies here...

...instead of Angels and shadows we have sentences and ciphers...;P

Hmmm...well, Woon, and everyone else, let me tell you a story...;P

My favorite anime of all time is Neon Genesis Evangelion. In this one episode, the humans have to fight an Angel, which happens in every episode. All the Angels have a different form and some look biological and some are 3-D mathematical shapes. Well, in this case, there is a big black sphere that is hovering over the city, casting a shadow. Well, the Evas (the big robots) try to attack the big black sphere and they can't do any damage to it.

Then they realize...that what they've been fighting, the big black sphere is actually the 3-D shadow of the Angel, and what they thought was the shadow was the actual Angel! So they attack the shadow on the ground and defeat it.

So what's the moral of the story? Well, the same thing applies here...

...instead of Angels and shadows we have sentences and ciphers...;P

I think I understand your point and already have your enigmatic confusion, but can't get any further:

I can get the following numbers

2 1 85 99 53 7 23 8 71 52 16

but can't decipher them.

I think I understand your point and already have your enigmatic confusion, but can't get any further:

I can get the following numbers

2 1 85 99 53 7 23 8 71 52 16

but can't decipher them.

Good work, but there's more than one way to skin a cat...;P

And you only seem to understand half of my point...;)

Good work, but there's more than one way to skin a cat...;P

And you only seem to understand half of my point...;)

Then I can only think

4 1 210 252 127 14 51 16 175 128 32

might be a better number code

If the shadow is angel and the angel is shadow, then the other part must be some sort of cipher key

But I've spent all day trying to combine ir with this (very basic) interpretation through rotating ciphers and got nowhere:

18 9 11 25 1 14 2 5 12

Someone else must be able to help - this is driving me mad!! :wacko:

Then I can only think

4 1 210 252 127 14 51 16 175 128 32

might be a better number code

If the shadow is angel and the angel is shadow, then the other part must be some sort of cipher key

But I've spent all day trying to combine ir with this (very basic) interpretation through rotating ciphers and got nowhere:

18 9 11 25 1 14 2 5 12

Someone else must be able to help - this is driving me mad!! :wacko:

Lol...yeah, I get that a lot...;P

But your first numbers were closer, it's just that I use the convention of using the fewest possible to spell stuff out...like I would choose No instead of N and O...;)

And hmmm...

...has to do with sentences and ciphers, not ciphers and keys...

:P

Okay, since it's my birthday (9/26), I'll give you guys a present...here's my final hint:

How many letters are in the second part? There's a very good reason for this. My method wouldn't work with more than this number and although it could work with less, it would be harder for me to have constructed it...

;)

Now, if you want to give me a present, SOLVE THIS! ;P