BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

The whole thing will go like this:

The game begins once twenty people sign up

The twenty talk amongst themselves to pick a team name, and pick two teams

I will give a topic ranging from political to edible. One team will argue pro and the other con. The team will PM each other and come up with a cumulative statement [as long as they like: from a word to a paragraph]

They will choose a team leader to edit the paragraph, or speak for those not present. Once it’s been decided the team leaders post their teams answer.

I will pick the team that has given the best argument: they will be safe from elimination

Once I have done that I will give the ok for voting. Everyone [including the winners] will then select someone to be eliminated. You can confer with your alliances, but you must PM me your message.

The person with the most votes, the person that winning team leader chooses, and the losing team leader will be the final three who will then go into elimination. There they will [just the three of them] think about their alliances and PM me who [out of them] should be eliminated.

The teams will not be balanced out, but there can be a majority vote [over ½ from BOTH teams] to exchange players. The only two that don’t have a say are those who are being traded.

Each challenge will only be presented once everyone is ready, and a new one will only begin once each step of the process is completed.

• Answers 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

We appreciate the extra time, it will give us time to revise and spell check, we basically have our arguement, we just need to compile it. I won't be here Friday afternoon, so Blade will post the final version for TEAM ORANGE. We have this round licked ;)

~Kat

We appreciate the extra time, it will give us time to revise and spell check, we basically have our arguement, we just need to compile it. I won't be here Friday afternoon, so Blade will post the final version for TEAM ORANGE. We have this round licked ;)

~Kat

you wish!!! you have no idea what your getting into... :D

The Blue Bandits

~Kat

Hmmm... alright -_-

Just send be via email or pm and i shall have it.

You got it right. :D Hey! Who's saying that about my team leader? Kat, don't believe her. I think Jan's really adding fuel to the fire. :P

Wonderful... <_<

a fire fight it going to turn into a nukeular war... *sigh*

can i press the button? :lol:

Now slick... do not be so nieve when your own defeat is in front of you. Tis not our fault you have no respect and honor for yourself since you "love" to torment other people.

I really think your scared... why else would you be making comments like that? Besides, we got the best team leader, Kit-Kat B))

Okay dudes and dudetts... this is our paragraph

In a modern socitity there is no room for school uniforms, and yet the schools still

force the students to wear them. This does not encorage the students to learn, or promote a learning envioment at all, but achieves the complete opposite. Even before the student starts at a school, the uniforms are frowned upon by the parents who have to buy them. Mostly they are rejected by the students who have to wear them. Students are required by the school, to all wear the same uniform every day. This is to put the students on an equal playing field where clothes and looks do not class one group of students above the rest. By forcing the students all to wear uniforms it heightens this class gap. Instead of clothes defining the class, now it is defined by how flashy your watch is, how you do your hair, what rocks are in you rings and earings. Students will spend all the money they have buying the newest bag and shows to show off their class instead of doing it by their clothes. Psychological the students are disavantaged through the use of school uniforms. There is nothing around the school to encorage the students to have a positive attitude towards education. With the chance of been bullied, or the stress of the next exam. Uniforms are a major negativie to add to the list. No colours, no choices. School just becomes the equilivant of a millitry prision for students. How are the students expected to do their best if the enviroment they learn in is anything less than perfect? In these early stages of our lives, the lessons we learn will always remain for always. If the schools do not premote any positive behaviour then the only things we learn is the negative, giving students of today a negative outlook for the remainder of their lives. Students are required to go to school, and schools require the students to wear a uniform. The parents don’t have a choice about this, and must purchase uniforms for the students to wear to school. It not just one simple uniform, but many schools are now requiring students to have a summer, winter and even a sports uniform. Now that’s five uniforms per child, a family of two children will require about ten uniforms. The price on the clothing is not cheap either. This is not easy on the bank account of the parents, who on top of everything else have to but books and pay school fees. I don't understand how in the western socitity, where education is suppose to be free, having to buy uniforms fit into this principle? The price of the uniform is forced up by the schools themselves. Just for a standard logo they have to get a design and manafacturer. There is only a limited marked for a school uniform so manafacturing costs are huge. Not only this, they schools are expected to have a smart looking uniform, and there is internal compertitions between schools to have the best looking. The best schools are those whom have the better uniforms. Through this compertition the schools upgrade their uniforms to best other schools frequently. This once again causes the students and parents to go through the process of purchasing a uniform once again. By forcing all students to wear uniforms you are taking away their individualism, the one thing which is encrouaged the most at school. Schools spend tweleve years trying to teach their students to be individuals how to make up their own mind, and think for themselves. How to make wise decision based of knowledge, and it is these things which are the most important. Yet the schools are opposing all their teachings by forcing uniforms upon the students. Taking the choices away which they are trying to teach. How can you learn, when the teacher does not believe their own teachings? Why do we keep enforcing such demeaning things as uniforms, when we see all the trouble they’re causing? We can only hope people will one day realize the wrongness of a school uniform.

Now slick... do not be so nieve when your own defeat is in front of you. Tis not our fault you have no respect and honor for yourself since you "love" to torment other people.

I really think your scared... why else would you be making comments like that? Besides, we got the best team leader, Kit-Kat B))

Me think everything is fair in love and war ;)

I would like to know if there will be points deducted for spelling and grammatical errors ? Also, does the presentation count ?

If you are referring to the post before yours by my pal Blade, then NO should be the answer. We were blinded by the drab colors of school uniforms. We were rendered helpless by those inanimate uniforms. Those errors are our way of showing the world how uniforms adversely affect us children. Hope we have made our point clear. Need you have a better presentation than this to portray the ill effects of uniforms.?

Team Orange signing off with a bang. A point we have made, which will be etched in the pages of history forever.

:D

If you are referring to the post before yours by my pal Blade, then NO should be the answer. We were blinded by the drab colors of school uniforms. We were rendered helpless by those inanimate uniforms. Those errors are our way of showing the world how uniforms adversely affect us children. Hope we have made our point clear. Need you have a better presentation than this to portray the ill effects of uniforms.?

Team Orange signing off with a bang. A point we have made, which will be etched in the pages of history forever.

:D

And you are saying that Team Orange has been adversely affected :P I will not argue that point

And you are saying that Team Orange has been adversely affected(by uniforms; you are missing the crucial part[addition by GC]) :P I will not argue that point

Now that's a paradoxical statement. And what more proof do you need? You have a living example, throbbing with life. If you don't argue the point, that implies we have proved beyond doubt that uniforms undoubtedly have a negative effect on children. Sorry you can't argue now, you have given your word. :P

To summarize what you had said - Team Orange consists of members who are adversely affected (by whatever) :P and that means that your team is inferior to THE BLUE BANDITS , which means that our team is superior to yours ;) - This is what you had said and we have accepted it B))