BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Hey, another riddle for you all. this one is a long one, so REALLY think about it before responding. i will also supply ample hints for you to solve. considering it's 10 at night, I'll respond ASAP. Here 'tis:

Two men are walking down a street, a guy and a cook. They are walking in tattered clothes. They haven't eaten in a while, so they go to a restaurant that's about to close. They walk in and ask if the chef has anything to eat.

"Well, I do have some French onion soup..."

So, of course, they take the French onion soup. As soon as the man (not the cook) sits down and starts to eat, he immediately asks "Is this French onion soup?"

The chef of the restaurant says "Yes, I made it myself."

The man continues to eat. After a few minutes, he asks the same question, and again, same response. This repeats a few times.

All of a sudden the man stands up, says "Oh my God.", runs out, and commits suicide.

My question: Why did he commit Suicide?

The clothes are torn and ragged from a storm.

The man had only had French onion soup once before.

The soup he was having was actually French onion, not some play on words.

It was not poisoned; however, it was something bad enough that he committed suicide.

Do not ask me questions please, I will be at school busy. Instead, work it out and use teamwork. I will update to tell who's closest and one maybe two more hints will be added. Also, think about it before responding. This is very difficult, and if you don't get it, DO NOT WORRY. This took me weeks to find out.

I'll see your responses tomorrow afternoon! Have fun!

2 answers to this question