BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

unreality

Question

• Answers 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Another thing, it might just be my puzzle paranoia, but the fact that in the letter it says "Captive we are to the sheer number..." instead of "We are captive to..." mean anything? It just sorta stuck out at me...

~Kat

Another thing, it might just be my puzzle paranoia, but the fact that in the letter it says "Captive we are to the sheer number..." instead of "We are captive to..." mean anything? It just sorta stuck out at me...

~Kat

hey hey that struck me as odd too... I wonder what this means? Good to know that Mekal, Thunderchicken, and Kat are all with me at the same, mysterious place.

hey hey that struck me as odd too... I wonder what this means? Good to know that Mekal, Thunderchicken, and Kat are all with me at the same, mysterious place.

Yay! It's not just me! Trying to figure out what kind of code the title is, and guess and checking urls at the same time...:P I'm guessing this is the long part CL was refering to.

~Kat

Yay! It's not just me! Trying to figure out what kind of code the title is, and guess and checking urls at the same time...:P I'm guessing this is the long part CL was refering to.

~Kat

while I was stuck there for a little while, there's another part you'll get to that took me MUCH longer. But only because I hadn't done it before. I'm sure some of you have, so that part won't take you very long.

that sentence that looked like it was intentionally structured funny....did have to be that way for a reason.

one more...

but if you're continuing forwards, once you get the location use regular code, not the T code...and you may have to subtract 2 somewhere - at least I did.

Edited by Cherry Lane

while I was stuck there for a little while, there's another part you'll get to that took me MUCH longer. But only because I hadn't done it before. I'm sure some of you have, so that part won't take you very long.

that sentence that looked like it was intentionally structured funny....did have to be that way for a reason.

one more...

but if you're continuing forwards, once you get the location use regular code, not the T code...and you may have to subtract 2 somewhere - at least I did.

Thanks! I'm pretty sure that helps...I knew there would be some sort of secret message in the letter, but I'm still trying to find it...GRR it's not like we got any clues as to which code to use or anything <_<

~Kat

BINARY LANGUAGE:

a=01

b=10

c=11

d=100

e=101

f=110

g=111

h=1000

i=1001

j=1010

k=1011

l=1100

m=1101

n=1110

o=1111

p=10000

q=10001

r=10010

s=10011

t=10100

u=10101

v=10110

w=10111

x=11000

y=11001

z=11010

At least... that's what I think...

BINARY LANGUAGE:

a=01

b=10

c=11

d=100

e=101

f=110

g=111

h=1000

i=1001

j=1010

k=1011

l=1100

m=1101

n=1110

o=1111

p=10000

q=10001

r=10010

s=10011

t=10100

u=10101

v=10110

w=10111

x=11000

y=11001

z=11010

At least... that's what I think...

What if we got an answer with a four or a couple of fours in it? :lol: I think you have to make it a decimal and THEN change it to english...not sure how that works though :P

~Kat

btw, I know that the yak is in -----, but what code do you use to convert it to numbers? I got 2016 the first time... :huh:

According to Cherry Lane, you minus two from what you add up from the letters, and then square it, although we got a couple of wrong answers, so don't know how acurate that is... :unsure:

~Kat

Edit: Clarification :P

Edited by Kathleen

answer. No subtraction of two needed

CAIRO

3+1+9+18+15 = 44

44^2 = 1936

:P

Yeah we went with the T code...

We searched and found that there were at least two particles discovered on that year, winning both their discoverers Nobel Peace Prizes...

CAIRO

3+1+9+18+15 = 44

44^2 = 1936

unreality,

as I said in my pm yesterday, why is it that when I add up those numbers I get 46? That's why I suggested Kat subtract 2.

Yeah we went with the T code...

We searched and found that there were at least two particles discovered on that year, winning both their discoverers Nobel Peace Prizes...

I think you meant physics prizes, and while there were two given out that year, only one was for discovery of a particle.

CAIRO

3+1+9+18+15 = 44

44^2 = 1936

Hey Unreality, your math's off :P That equals 46, rechecked it like a billion times! Well I've been sitting at this laptop since I got up at 8:00, so I'm TAKING A BREAK! Good luck people, and if you find something while I'm gone, I'm extremely open to hints :D

~Kat