BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

akaslickster

Question

Hi everyone! I am akaslickster, in case you are a noob.

Lemonymelon and Drydung and I decided to begin this club so at the moment it is at its beginning

stages. For now, there are no questions that can be answered, because we just started it up.

Our membership is free and starts with the following:

drydung

lemonymelon

akaslickster

yellowsubmarine

greycells

Add yourself to the list if you really hate war and want world peace. Later on there should be more info. on the topic. :D

• Answers 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Updated membership sign up:

Drydung, Lemonymelon, Akaslickster, Yellowsubmarine, Greycells, Unreality, LIS, Crazypainter, F_I_F, Twoaday, Bobbob, Nayana, Pw0nzd, Tolecnal, Frost, ROF, Lenochka, Mekal, Kat, Squirt, Ploper, Dusty, Dnae, Ben Law, Rene83, Yoktado, Rockstar, Firebirdaz, Ravi, Phaze, Pacman Rules, Solemnraven, Peace*out, Cryptic chic, New guest, Woon, Engspangussian

Welcome to the Peace Club Engspangussian! :D:D:D

Okay Ben Law how about this:

BRAINDENS' PEACE CLUB

or should we get some more talent to help? I'm no artist.

Edited by akaslickster

a very good friend of mine did the same in UK and ended up in the Falklands war right out the blue - supposedly defending UK soil with UK citizens (The Malvenas/ Falklands) So well Done the UK - wone the war lost more lives and guess what, Mucked up the economy too ... Ok that draws a dicussion

My point is, as you pointed out, that your intention is nothing to do with defending your country.. dont cry about it if you loose half your body in some foreign land that you may not even know existss/existed. Must be another way TC, the quick way is a gamble.

Lol what quick way? Trust me there is no quick way about this... From what I figure it's gonna take about 8-10 years. Plus it's gonna pay for college for me too but that's not my main concern right now.

Drydung, Lemonymelon, Akaslickster, Yellowsubmarine, Greycells, Unreality, LIS, Crazypainter, F_I_F, Twoaday, Bobbob, Nayana, Pw0nzd, Tolecnal, Frost, ROF, Lenochka, Mekal, Kat, Squirt, Ploper, Dusty, Dnae, Ben Law, Rene83, Yoktado, Rockstar, Firebirdaz, Ravi, Phaze, Pacman Rules, Solemnraven, Peace*out, Cryptic chic, New guest, Woon, Engspangussian

Welcome to the Peace Club Engspangussian! :D:D:D

Okay Ben Law how about this:

BRAINDENS' PEACE CLUB

or should we get some more talent to help? I'm no artist.

Lol you put the apostrophe in the wrong spot...

Unless you are counting every single member as BrainDen.

Lol what quick way? Trust me there is no quick way about this... From what I figure it's gonna take about 8-10 years. Plus it's gonna pay for college for me too but that's not my main concern right now.
He means I think: Don't be hasty with your decision to sign up. It's not always a bowl of cherries. A major committment like that needs years of deciphering.

Also, no girls for 8 weeks. All men. Just so you know. B))

Lol you put the apostrophe in the wrong spot...

Unless you are counting every single member as BrainDen.

THE BRAINDEN PEACE CLUB

, I thought that was the quickest way - anyway it's the cheapest for you though the tax payer pays (if life is worth nothing that is - it's easy to reproduce). Go the home guard, Go the glorified war, Go national defense - things change after you have signed TC - It happens all the time with goverment, but that's another story.

It's your decision TC - maybe brainden will loose less members then :P

btw - why did you cross the road?

In a way i do agree, war is pointless, but is has been around since the world started. There is a point to war and everything in it is not totally pointless. Yes most wars are pointless... stupid... and just plain wrong, but without war, what would there be? Everlasting peace? I do not think so... No matter what we as the people do war will always be on our doorstep knocking. Today it will be the world, tomarrow will be the universe.

I for one would love to see world peace... if it was possible

In a way i do agree, war is pointless, but is has been around since the world started. There is a point to war and everything in it is not totally pointless. Yes most wars are pointless... stupid... and just plain wrong, but without war, what would there be? Everlasting peace? I do not think so... No matter what we as the people do war will always be on our doorstep knocking. Today it will be the world, tomarrow will be the universe.

This guy just said exactly what I was thinking...

High five!

Blade, you are welcome to sign up in the proper thread. This is only meant for members who have signed up. We don't allow the entire 10,000 members to just drop a few words and go on their way.

If you do not believe world peace can happen, then no reason to argue with you. This is not maybe meant for you. You are welcome to start your own topic if you want.

We are keeping this for peace club members who do care, and are willing to speak up in our club.

Again you are welcome to sign up if you desire to promote world peace. :D

It's your decision TC - maybe brainden will loose less members then :P

btw - why did you cross the road?

Maybe they'll actually kill more than one person a night in Mafia lol.

And I didn't cross the road completely. I stopped right in front of an oncoming speeding car to make that @$$hole crash! Lol =P

Wow definitely not the right thing to say in a Peace Club topic...

And my contribution would be, what would you consider the definition of war to be? What do you consider the definition of peace to be?

If you consider war to be one nation's military fighting another's/their military then yes, I do believe that can be stopped.

But if you consider the definition of peace to be where everyone is friends and loves one another, then no. That can never happen. Not just among humans but with any species. It's not animals' nature to have peace.

Peep's, you are welcome to sign up in the proper thread. This is only meant for members who have signed up. We don't allow the entire 10,000 members to just drop a few words and go on their way.

If you do not believe world peace can happen, then no reason to argue with you. This is not maybe meant for you. You are welcome to start your own topic if you want.

We are keeping this for peace club members who do care, and are willing to speak up in our club.

Again you are welcome to sign up if you desire to promote world peace.

Who doesn't want peace?

I mean really.... unless you're a spartan or a ninja, i think the general concensus is that war is bad and no one wants to die.

Too many people posted how world peace is impossible. NO DUH!

Absolute perfection is always impossible- but we should all still strive for it in every aspect of our lives.

However- I don't know about any of you, but i seriously distrust my ability to predict the future, so i look back in history.

And in the history of the world, any serious change that ever occured was never (or at least rarely) during times of peace. Period.

By serious change i mean the rise and fall of countries, governments, ideals, religions, etc.

And although no one likes change (except hobos :) ), you all have to agree that change is a necessary evil

(im not implying that war is a necessary evil, but it's a thought...)

Without change (and maybe without war) our world would be like a stagnant pool of water; an unchanging, unhealthy slum.

Again, this was all just a little thought of mine- i love the idea of peace.

Sign me up for this whole club thingy. I'd love to try to obtain world peace, or at least support those already trying.

After all, peace is nothing unless you share pieces of that peace with others....

Edited by Marinja

Drydung, Lemonymelon, Akaslickster, Yellowsubmarine, Greycells, Unreality, LIS, Crazypainter, F_I_F, Twoaday, Bobbob, Nayana, Pw0nzd, Tolecnal, Frost, ROF, Lenochka, Mekal, Kat, Squirt, Ploper, Dusty, Dnae, Ben Law, Rene83, Yoktado, Rockstar, Firebirdaz, Ravi, Phaze, Pacman Rules, Solemnraven, Peace*out, Cryptic chic, New guest, Woon, Engspangussian, Marinja

Welcome to the Peace Club Marinja :D:D:D

I guess you may be a neighbor of mine in the valley? Perfection to me is the end of stupid wars. We can live more peacefully without them. If any members are looking for the discussion thread, where the members post then just click here>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PEACE CLUB DISCUSSION

BRAINDENS' PEACE CLUB

Edited by akaslickster

Why do you want to support negative feelings toward peace? If everyone felt that way then what do you think it would be like? eh? Sounds to me that winners never quit and quitters never win.

Now, now, whoever said I supported negative feelings toward peace? I think peace would be nice, and so would an overwhelming portion of the 6 billion people we're sharing this rock with.

However, it's just something that will not happen.

Wars can be fought for power, and often are. And I'm not gonna buy it if you say you can just get rid of power hungry people. Who have the ability to find a group of sheep to follow them and eventually create an army, through the promise of power.

I don't imagine the world being much different, if everyone felt as I did, other than being completely monotone and boring becuse everyone has the same views on the matter.

I don't see many wars, or even petty conflicts, being caused purely because the antagonist thought that world peace was not possible.

I'm sorry, but I see little more than a pretty-sounding idealism in the subject of world peace.

I'd quit my quitting, but that very act would make me a quitter :D

I mean really.... unless you're a spartan or a ninja, i think the general concensus is that war is bad and no

What do you have against Ninja's? I think they had every right to protect themselves, did get a little out of hand towards the end of their reign though

What do you have against Ninja's? I think they had every right to protect themselves, did get a little out of hand towards the end of their reign though

who said i had anything against ninja's?

I simply meant they have a habit of assassinating people and silently disappearing into the night....

Why would i insult ninjas (or ninji? is that the plural form of ninja?) I AM ONE!

(The perfect disguise for a ninja is to openly state that one is a ninja. Then no one believes that one is a ninja. Even now you don't believe it...) :unsure:

Edited by Marinja

Now, now, whoever said I supported negative feelings toward peace? I think peace would be nice, and so would an overwhelming portion of the 6 billion people we're sharing this rock with.

However, it's just something that will not happen.

Wars can be fought for power, and often are. And I'm not gonna buy it if you say you can just get rid of power hungry people. Who have the ability to find a group of sheep to follow them and eventually create an army, through the promise of power.

I don't imagine the world being much different, if everyone felt as I did, other than being completely monotone and boring becuse everyone has the same views on the matter.

I don't see many wars, or even petty conflicts, being caused purely because the antagonist thought that world peace was not possible.

I'm sorry, but I see little more than a pretty-sounding idealism in the subject of world peace.

I'd quit my quitting, but that very act would make me a quitter :D

Guess what? If I felt that world peace will never happen, I would tell everyone to quit wasting their valuable time talking about it and to stop with the clubs and not to give a darn.

Those who believe that change is not possible are closed-minded and do not want to see others giving it a try. The majority of our members in this club do, believe change for the better is possible even if it is one little fight at a time. If people are not too stubborn to cooperate, anything can be achieved. :D Power to the Peace Club :D

Guess what? If I felt that world peace will never happen, I would tell everyone to quit wasting their valuable time talking about it and to stop with the clubs and not to give a darn.

Well, hey, never said it wasn't an interesting discussion to read and be a part of... well, it WAS anyways.

Now the only bit of "discussion" going on in that thread is about how to promote peace and the club. (A very silly concept, in my opinion seeing as most people know what peace is, and are aware that it is a good thing.) And that has proven to be a very boring discussion indeed.

Also, in order for world peace to be achieved, you would have to convince (or force, if they're the stubborn folk) everyone to think the same way. Even if that way of thinking is simply to respect and accept other people's differences. Unless you want to create a world-wide govornment with an iron fist, there is very little you could do than accept the peoples' words that they will be peaceful.

Also, war is terrible, everyone knows it (hopefully) yet sometimes, it's just plain unavoidable.

I'm suddenly reminded of a thread started by LIS, around when he first joined, I believe, about when it is necessary to go to war.

I think both Unreality and I gave a few situations. I'll find you the name of the thread, because I'd like you to read some of it.

(just ignore the parts consisting of Unreality and I bickering with LIS :( . Sorry about that, LIS.)

Okay, well, can't seem to find that thread :o . Either I passed it twice, or it's further back than I had imagined.

Edited by Ploper

Please. This is a sign-up thread. Enough discussion here or I will need to ask for deletion. :rolleyes:

Drydung, Lemonymelon, Akaslickster, Yellowsubmarine, Greycells, Unreality, LIS, Crazypainter, F_I_F, Twoaday, Bobbob, Nayana, Pw0nzd, Tolecnal, Frost, ROF, Lenochka, Mekal, Kat, Squirt, Ploper, Dusty, Dnae, Ben Law, Rene83, Yoktado, Rockstar, Firebirdaz, Ravi, Phaze, Pacman Rules, Solemnraven, Peace*out, Cryptic chic, New guest, Woon, Engspangussian, Marinja

:D

i want to join or am i too late?

Drydung, Lemonymelon, Akaslickster, Yellowsubmarine, Greycells, Unreality, LIS, Crazypainter, F_I_F, Twoaday, Bobbob, Nayana, Pw0nzd, Tolecnal, Frost, ROF, Lenochka, Mekal, Kat, Squirt, Ploper, Dusty, Dnae, Ben Law, Rene83, Yoktado, Rockstar, Firebirdaz, Ravi, Phaze, Pacman Rules, Solemnraven, Peace*out, Cryptic chic, New guest, Woon, Engspangussian, Marinja, JIThu

Edited by jitHU